Jayne's Lipotrim Diary - New Beginnings!

Okay, so that's day 1 under my belt :) Had fleeting thoughts throughout the day of being a bit hungry and then realising that I couldn't eat, so just had to forget about it. Really wanted something for tea tonight, but of course didn't, and managed to hold out on my last shake until about 5 mins ago, as didn't want to be overly hungry for bed. Got lots to do tomorrow, so that should keep me occupied :)

xx

Oh dear. Should've gone to bed ages ago. Having that late shake was not good for my (useless) bladder though and I've been back and forth to the toilet every 10 mins for the past hour or so. I am no also absolutely starving! Ravenous! grrrrrr. Can't drink more water to stave it off, else I'll be up all flipping night lol. Just got to tough it out now and when my bladder settles I will sleep.

Hi Jane
I, like you, restarted yesterday on TFR (that's such a coincidence, as we started originally the same date as well 7th Sept!) Anyway, yesterday was very busy for me, with kids, parents etc., so found it easy not to think too much about being on LT and I found it flew. I had my flapjack at about 8pm last night, with 1 pint of water and a cuppa tea at about 9. I felt stuffed going to bed at 1030. Today I don't feel hungry at all, so far. I'm going to have my first shake at 12midday - so soon. Hope the rest of the day flys for you - keep yourself busy - I remember it is the key for the first 3 days!

Hi Ssusee :) Was thinking of you the other day and wondering how you were getting on :) Good to see you back, and back on track too. Good luck! :)

So, last night I finally got to sleep after many trips back and forth to the loo - won't be having my last shake quite so late tonight. My bladder just can't handle it! I'm rubbish with fluids generally. Just can't drink much :( I woke up at 4 am and felt so hungry, I can't tell you. Just a hollow emptiness in my tum. Horrid. Thankfully though I was shattered and managed to get back to sleep, but my sleep was really restless all night and I've been tired today. Hunger not so bad when I got up, but had to have my first shake at 9 am. Didn't really think to much about food, hunger or dieting after that. Just the odd fleeting thought. Had my second shake about 3 pm. Had hoped to wait until about 5 pm, as evenings are my worst time for getting the munchies, but all of a sudden I had a moment of being desperate and about to cave! Came out of nowhere, so grabbed a shake! :D That and some water seem to have done the trick and right now I'm ok. Boys are in after school club until 6 this evening, so I'm going to brush the dog, straighten my hair, and clean the bathroom between now and then to keep me busy. Tonight I'm going to bath, face mask and paint my nails. Hopefully have an early(ish) night as well.

xx

In day 3 now, but not gone to bed yet (1.30 am), so still really day 2 for me lol. I know, so much for my early night! What can I say. I'm a night owl and also an insomniac lol Hoping that will change again now on this diet, as slept like a baby whilst on it at the end of last year.

So, day 2 done, and I'm in ketosis! OMG! It was a bit of a rough afternoon and I really wanted to cave a couple of times. Stuck to the plan of bath, face mask, etc. to keep myself away from food and did pee'd on a stick at about 7pm and it was negative. The edge has gone off my hunger now this evening, and so I did another test at 1 am and it came up as positive (and the one above the traces as well :) ).

This is the quickest I've ever gone into ketosis - although would've expected it tomorrow sometime as usually go in day 3 (although I suppose this is day 3 as it's gone midnight lol). Anyhooooow, I'm in it! I think it's happened so quickly this time because I'm pretty sure I didn't carb load when I came of the diet before Christmas. I didn't get a huge weight gain overnight. Not expecting the HUGE first week weight loss this week now, but 5lb would be nice :) I did hop on the scales earlier mind, and they were 2lb down on Monday morning, so ..... we'll see :)

Excited now! I've done it. I'm in ketosis, and other than a rather restless and very hungry night last night and a dodgy few hours this afternoon. It wasn't so bad! :)

xx

Proper day 3 now :) Stonker of a headache this morning and very hungry. Still in ketosis though :) Think headache more due to only having had 3 hours sleep last night and not much more the night before. Little bit of an insomniac at the moment I think! Lots to do today though, and will be at the gym this evening, so hopefully be nice and worn out and get to bed at a reasonable time! xx

Well done!

Your diary had been a motivational read Jayne, bloomin well done!!! I'm glad to hear you say the sleep was better when you were on the shakes before crimbo as I'm not the greatest sleeper anyway and was worried that LT and the subsequent hunger might make it worse, hurrah! I'm on day two at the moment and its not too bad (did I speak too soon) so heres to the next 12 weeks! EEK!

Hi Jayne
Glad you're in Ketosis. Not sure whether I'm there or not myself yet. Will get out the ketostix tonight. Occupational therepy is the best therepy, oh and keeping out of the kitchen, only go in if absolutely necessary, that's my tip for the first few days anyway!

Thanks Lolapink :) Good luck with your weight loss :)

Yes Susee. Definitely keeping out of the kitchen as much as possible is a must!

Feeling good this afternoon, minimal hunger pangs, and due a shake shortly to give me some sort of energy for my body pump class tonight. First day back since before Xmas, so probably going to hurt! eek.

I've also re-subscribed to Ki Fit. Have had the gadget since early last year, but you need the subscription to keep it working, and mine ran out in June time. If you don't know what Ki Fit is, it's the UK version of the American Bodybugg. Google Ki Performance for the website and you'll see what an nifty little gadget it is :)

xx
xx

Ki Fit sounds fab, my polar heart rate monitor shows me calories burnt and whether I'm fat burning or in a fitness zone, it gets really obsessive. I love me some body pump but haven't been to class for a couple of months, you don't feel too weak or get dizzy then? It's time to dust off my gym membership card I feel!

Was absolutely fine tonight doing body pump. Plenty of energy :) Will start cardio up again from Sunday. I usually find once I'm in ketosis and my body has worked out how to use fat instead of carbs as fuel, then I can do exactly what I was doing before :) My routine at the moment is for step on a Monday morning and/or body attack on a Tues morning, body pump Thurs evening and then body attack and body pump Sun morning. Gives me 2 weights classes and 2-3 sessions of cardio a week :) Love it!

xx

Ooh thats inspired me to get off my butt next week and get my trainers out! I have mondays off so used to do 3 classes, combat and pump in the morning and then attack in the evening and then a class tues,weds and thurs evenings ranging from step to pump again - think I'll have to wean myself in gently as its been a while though - once I get into the routine of it I love it - its just leaving work at 6 and trying to motivate myself to go straight to the gym in the cold and dark - I need to man up!

Hey Jayne, well done on getting into it and great routine. I can see a slimmer Jayne already! I am hoping to go gym tonight. Nothing major...just walking stretching and cycling. Then Sun - Aqua, Mon - Zumba, Tues - Group cycling, Thur - Swim/gym, Fri swim/gym.:whacky068: And inbetween wiifit/just dance.

Can't wait to get energy level back. Go girls!!

Well done Jayne getting back to your workout routine. I googled that ki fit and it looks a great aid to maximise your workout. I might buy one in Feb or March as I'm absolutely flat broke at the mo, I got gym membership for my Christmas and birthday present, which are close together and along with the almost €70 per week it costs to do LT here in Ireland, I've spent enough on myself for the moment. But I'd seriously consider wearing one of those gadgets when I come off LT, to keep the weight from creeping back up again. I like the idea of constantly monitoring calories, exercise etc. Because TBH, this is how weight crept up in the first place. I'd exercise till I dropped, work up a ravenous appetite and then ate all the wrong things till I dropped!!

I got myself a Kifit in June 2010, and have to say it was the best buy of the year..Helped me in the sheading of 28lbs, and still using it... Nice to keep track of how many Calories you acutally burn through out the day, even without exercise...
Well done wit everything so far Jayne...

Glad I've inspired you Lolapink :) I absolutely adore step. A couple of years ago I was doing 5 classes of it a week. However, I came off my step one day and sprained my one ankle and broke the other in 2 places, dislocated and ruptured the tendon :( Spent 10 days in hospital and had to have it pinned and plated. I have however done step classes since, but only got back onto a step about 6 months(ish) ago. Now one class a week is enough for me. I used to do very highly choreogrphed, dancy step, but now do a very basic class. Still gives me an excellent cardio workout, but just less twists and turns!

Funky, did you get to the gym? Did you enjoy?

Ssusee, yep Ki Fit is fab. Would highly recommend it to anyone.

Scarybush, I was shocked at how many calories I burn whilst just sleeping lol. Love having the little goals on it for steps and levels of activity, etc. Sleep monitor is also good. Love it all really :)

So, day 4 done here. Had humungus headache most of the day which would not go with paracetamol or ibuprofen. Had a little nap this afternoon, and now of course can't sleep again tonight (it's 3 am!). Hunger is coming and going. Had a few tough moments today where I just wanted a good meal, and felt quite sad that I couldn't have one. Otherwise it's been okay :) lol.

xx

You're a day ahead of me Jayne so I follow your goings on with trepidation! I had a headache last night but today is day 4 and I don't feel so bad, I seem to be getting in moods with myself when I realise I can't have a bag of crisps, or a sweet off someone in work - its really weird!!! Just thinking of the end goal though makes me persevere, I will not give in!!! Hope day 5 is going better for you x

and I forgot to say "OW" for your ankle, I've done some tricky step classes before and I do think to myself " I'm gonna come a cropper in a minute". Glad you got right back on it!

Know where you are coming from there Lolapink. Think it's because we get a bit cross with ourselves for getting to the point where we have to completely abstain from food, because we've scoffed so much! I do anyway. I also feel quite sorry for myself sometimes :-/

Well today has been a total doddle! Woke up with zero hunger, good colour on the ketostick showing at ++ and didn't even have my first shake until about 2.30 this afternoon. Just had my second as the smells from hubby cooking tea for the boys were setting my cravings off (although no hunger as such). Going for a looooong bubble bath soon, another face mask (I've never been so self pampered lmao) and then final shake. Not to close to bed though or else I'll be on the loo for hours to come!

Will be off to do my body attack and body pump classes in the morning, and then before I know it, Mon will be here and weigh in time :) Can't wait! My coat is already doing up properly again. It had got rather snug post Christmas feasting!

Hope everyone else is having a good day. Will catch up on posts on the site during the evening :)

xx

Back