Jayne's Lipotrim Diary - New Beginnings!

Hey Hun, good luck with tomorrows weigh in xx

2lb off for me this week, and after the week I've had, I'll take it and run with it! :D Gives me a 4 week total of 12.5lb which is fine by me :) Only a few lb now until I'll have lost 3 stone. Yay :) (although I have already lost over 3st since I started dieting in Oct 09 - just not 3st yet on Lipotrim ;) )

xx

Well done Jayne xx

Well done Jayne!!!xx

Not been around much for a few days, so bit behind with how everyone's doing. Feeling a bit flat to be honest. Think it's mostly down to lack of sleep, and I also have got a cold (again!). I tried to get through with just paracetamol and ibuprofen, but reluctantly gave in to strepsils and cough medicine past couple of nights, as just been so sore in the throat and windpipe. Probably kicked out of ketosis, but not sure as not checked. Honestly, I think I've only been 100% free from viral infections for about 2-3 weeks since end of Oct! I've never been so bad with colds as I have been this winter. I'm just glad I had swine flu jab at beginning of Oct. Not sure I could've handled that as well! lol. Children aren't fairing much better, and I think we're all just passing it back and forth - despite best efforts not to. Hubby seems to have the immune system of an ox, and never gets ill! Lucky so and so! He puts it down to having worked on a farm in his younger days and basically eating dirt on a daily basis. I think he could be right. Mud for lunch it is then! :D

Was supposed to go to gym this morning and do body attack, body pump and week 3, day 1 of couch to 5k, but going to leave it and go in the morning and just do run and a few weights to tide me over until Sunday's mammoth workout. Hopefully come the morning this burning sensation in my windpipe will have gone, and fingers crossed no real cough develops (last one went on for about 8 weeks!). I'm feeling like this will be more of a 'normal' cold than a long, lingering one. I live in hope lol

Talking of running. I've entered Race for Life here in Cardiff on 3 July :) I haven't done it for a few years now as I went through an awful depression for a good year or so, gained lots of weight, broke my ankle - needed surgery, etc. and so this is the first year I've been well enough (hum hum *clears throat* aside from colds lol) to even consider it. I thought I'd get my registration done early so I'd 100% know I had to keep up the training. Although I'm hoping to be able to comfortablu run the 5k in the next 7 weeks, I will then just keep on top of it until the race. Not sure after that. Not sure I'm much of a lover of running really, so just have this goal to complete by the summer and then I'll be happy :)

xx

Hi Jayne
Glad to see you're still doing well on the diet & in the gym - despite the miserable cold and sore throat. Well done.

You are going to do great at the Race for Life my lovely, just reading all about your workouts makes me out of breath!! sorry to hear you're feeling crappy, I know what you mean about the 8 week stint, I had a cold and cough last year that didnt really disappear for a couple of months, we kept passing it backwards and forwards in work! I don't want to get that close to my colleagues again!

Misery guts diary rant coming up....... (food mentioned!)

Struggling loads today :( Just want to eat, and eat 'good' food! Wholemeal pasta, baked potatoes, fish, chicken, veg, fruit, salads, porridge, wholemeal bread, eggs, etc. I have a lovely recipe book of one pot meals - I'm very much into simple, non fuss food - that I bought in Sept last year, and I'm desperate to try some of the stuff in there. Every time I log onto FB, all I am faced with is what people are having for lunch, dinner, etc. and even pictures sometimes of things they are eating! I want to cook a sunday roast and eat it!

Yes, yes, I know all the right stuff like - this is only for a small part of my life and will lead to a healthier, better quality of life, etc. I know all the pro's of the diet, but today I'm bored with shakes! I don't want to do it anymore. I don't want to do any diet if I'm honest. I just want to eat healthily and count calories.

I'm not going to though - not yet anyhow. I do feel very miserable with Lipotrim at the moment though :( In fact, I think I'm just feeling miserable in general at the moment. I'm finding I've become rather isolated since losing my job, and am also doing a degree of self isolating, which isn't good. Next week I'm going to make efforts to do something about this.

Actually, I think a lot of this reaction is down to having been ill with this cold this week, and not going out that much :-/ Bit of cabin fever setting in! I also skipped Thursday's gym session as my throat and windpipe were so sore, and I won't go now until Sunday. My sleeping is still absolutely dire, and even after only a few hours at night, I can't even nap anymore in the day. Sleep seems to have deserted me totally. Don't think this is helping my mood. On the plus side, this cold doesn't seem to bad and today I've felt a lot better with it. I'm hopeful it's not going to develop into a long drawn out affair!

Anyhow, sorry to moan! It's more for the sake of my diary anyhow, so no responses are needed ;)

xx

Oh Jayne, sorry that you feel so crap.....dunno what I can say to make you feel better......it's worth sticking with LT cos of the results but do you maybe need a break? Do what you suggest and count calories?will you stick to it? you do plenty of exercise so you should be able to eat reasonably and still continue to lose, albeit slower.

As to being fed up since you were made redundant.....I can totally understand that! I was ok, if that's the right word, whilst I wasn't feeling very well but now that I'm getting back on track I'm bored, bored, bored.....I've starting looking for a job and got a second interview in London in a couple of weeks.......what are your plans? I know you said that you were going to have a break, for how much longer? I've realised that I like to get out of the house and sometimes need a break from my own company!

And, to make matters worse, it's bloody winter.....

Thanks Sandra x
Prob couldn't say much to me tonight that would help, as I'm just in a grump lol
I will likely stick with Lipotrim a bit longer as I think it would be slippery slope for me if I started eating conventionally again. In any case, will wait and make that sort of decision once I'm in a better frame of mind. I'm sure this is just a passing mood - like I say, due to lack of sleep and having had a cold, and not getting out and about so much this week.

That's great news about your job interview :) Fingers tightly crossed for you!
I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do re work. Will likely look for something (part time) within the next few months though. I definitely miss the social contact, purpose, and mental stimulation that comes from working.

I just had a peek at your diary and see you're going to do a week of TFR from Sun? Good luck with that :) Should be fine just for a week, and will shift a few lb for sure :) Should be proper weight loss as well, as you did proper refeed, so won't have lots of glycogen to get rid of :)

xx

From one grump to the other....

Jayne, today's write up could be me... Seems we are very much on par with eachother lol.

No sleep
Crave nice healthy food
GRUMPY
not working at the mo

Hope tomorrow and the next few are much better x :)

Jayne, you've been so strong and there's not much I can add as you know all the answers to your questions and you realise it's just frustration and illness talking, not our usual perky jayne! You do what you have to do but I think you'll be strong, and you've done so well! Persevere, you give me motivation if nothing else x

Thanks girls. 2 am and I think I'll try to sleep now. Might get a few restless hours in! Actually, my mood has lifted a bit already, so that's good :) Prob be fine tomorrow. As my title says 'TFR - it's emotional!'. Will stick with it until weigh in Mon anyhow, and then go from there ;)

xx

Happier today :)
xx

Great news Jayne, I think we've all had enough a bit at the moment. Just gotta get through those "moments" (feels like bloody weeks, not hours!) and make it through to the other side in one piece! You are so right... TFR is emotional! Here's to another day of 100% xx

Back