Jayne's Lipotrim Diary - New Beginnings!

Day 39

I know I shouldn't, but couldn't resist a sneaky (mid week) peek on the scales this morning (Sat) seeing as TOTM has now been and gone. They were 3lb down since Tues, and I know it means nothing mid week, but it was very nice to see :) Am really hoping now that come official weigh in on Tues, I will have lost at least that 3lb and hopefully 4 or 5! We'll see though lol. I'm not going to the gym this week as have hurt my leg a bit, and want to rest it, so next session will be Thurs pm. So, not sure a sedentary week will help weight loss, but hopefully won't hinder it to much with cals being so low.

Was chatting to husband this morning and saying that I know if I stopped this diet now I would instantly revert to old eating habits. I know willpower isn't my problem as if it was, how could I do this sort of diet in the first place, yet why don't I have enough willpower to eat sensibly and healthily when not being on such an extreme diet, or why can't I stick to a conventional diet? Why do I need to be on a diet in the first place? Why aren't I one of these people who doesn't have any problems with food and just manages (possibly with some effort) to maintain a healthy weight range throughout their life? I know we're all different, but arghhh, it's very frustrating! lol. The only thing that stops me from cheating at the moment is ketosis, and knowing (from bitter past experience) that if I break that, I'm stuffed as I know I wouldn't be able to get back into it and back on track if I slip now. I've never been able to in the past. Once I slip, that's it, I'm off this diet for at least a year before I can do it again. I need to work out how to not go back to over eating before I stop dieting. It's not like I need educating. I know exactly what a healthy, balanced diet consists of, and what portion sizes I should have each day, etc. I know how to exercise. I just can't stay away from the crap! I know how to change my lifestyle, yet I can't seem to sustain it when I do. Why not? I have to work all this out somehow, but have no clue where to start! At least being away from conventional food at the moment is giving me the breathing space to try and work this stuff out. Hopefully I can :) xx

Last edited:
3.5lb off this week = 22.5lb in 6 weeks. Very happy :D

xx

Well done hun!!! That's fantastic!!

As i am back i might as well start the subject... What are you taking to poo???!!! pmsl x x

I think once you get into the swing of this diet it's quite easy (ish), but its when you come off and start eating normally that's when the real challenge begins.. What sort of crap food do you eat? I will be updating my diary later on (to explain to myself more than anything) with ideas to try and change my lifestyle forever.. I really don't want to keep going backwards and forwards on LT for the next few years... Although it works, it's bloody expensive and really is only half the battle... Perhaps between the 2 of us we can work out a plan we can both stick to post-LT, and support each other to carry it through..
In the nicest possible way i am glad you are on here, it's lovely to have a familiar face, an "oldie"!! lol... Those days seem so long ago.. I need to find a couple of hours and read through the posts on here and get to "know" the people on here.. If they are anything like the past lot, i know they will be invaluable on this journey...

Keep going hun, you are amazing! ♥

Aww, it's so good to have you back as well Su :D Am talking to myself in here lol (which is okay really as mainly I want to keep it as a diary for myself to read back on anyhow, but the banter of the 'old days' is sorely missed!). I haven't had that much time lately to read and post about the place like I did last time we were on here, so haven't quite managed to make the connections with people yet. The bits I have read though, everyone about at the moment is friendly and supportive :)

Trust you to start on the poo talk pmsl! :giggle: Well, seeing as you ask, so far I haven't used anything and other than the odd moment of :eek: it hasn't been to bad! However, just this past week it's been more :eek: than :) and I do have some of the psyllium husk here that I bought last time around (you used that as well didn't you?). I imagine it will still be okay? Only reason I've not tried it yet as not sure if it will have carbs in it and interfere with ketosis at all. Keep meaning to try and research it a bit, but not got around to it!

As for the way forward, my current thinking is to just stay with Lipotrim for as long as I can and lose as much as I can. Can't think how long that will be though as the thought of being on it until all weight is gone is just to much to bear lol. That said, I am coping really well right now and am happy on it, but know that can change really fast! My plan then is to move to Diet Chef for 4-8 weeks and then onto Slimming World to either lose the last bit and then maintain or just maintain. Even though it's hard going losing the weight, I do agree that losing it is the easy bit. Maintaining is the hardest. The statistics are stacked against us with a high percentage of people regaining lost weight within 5 years :sigh:

Good luck hun :) Looking forward to reading your diary and reading about the weight dropping off you :) How's Joe and the kiddies? xx

Hi Jayne.

You're doing really well on the LT. Well done you for staying so strong. Your loses are pretty consistent too. ;) good for you?

Have your kids been off on half term this week? we're off next week and I'm really looking forward to it!
Re activated my gym membership last month, but so far I've just been for the odd swim with sauna and steam too!
Going to try and go every morning next week tog et back in the habit!!!

dusty

Thanks hun :) I have moments of really wobbling and wondering if I can do this for much longer, but more moments where I feel strong and confident with the diet. Today's been a bit hard as I've been hungry pretty much since the moment I woke up. I slept very badly last night though - only got about 2.5 hours in max, and so I think that may have something to do with it. Tummy hasn't stopped rumbling! Got one shake left to have though, so will get that shortly. Hopefully tum will behave tomorrow!

Yes, half term here this week, and it's been a hectic one so far! Fun at the same time though :) Lovely not to have to be up and out early each morning as well :) Can well imagine you are looking forward to the break net week, although also expect you'll end up doing some work as well?

Good plan re getting into the exercise each morning next week. Not easy when you work full time to juggle it all and fit it all in, but try to develop the habit a few times a week and hopefully it'll work out :)

xx

Hi Jayne,

i do normally spend about half the holidays in school catching up with paper work etc. but not this one, this time I'll be recovering from our inspection last week, cos I'm still drained from it.:(

Its funny how we still have hungry days even though in ketosis. I do too. so well done for staying strong.

Just keep losing ;)

Good, glad to hear you will spend the week relaxing and recovering :)

Hunger pangs settled today, but oh my, it took some willpower not to nibble! Think with the boys being home I've been super exposed to food several times a day, and it's finally overwhelming me! So much easier when they are in school and I only have to face one meal a day (which hubby sometimes cooks) during the week!

Still going though :)

xx

Hi Jayne,

you got your kids back off to school this week? Here's hoping for an easier week food wise for you!!

Stay strong!

Dusty x

Yesss, they went this morning :D Aww, bless, we've had a really lovely half term overall and have enjoyed them being home. At 11 and 8 they're not massively hard work these days and it was a shock to the system getting up this morning! Am home all alone now today, which is a bit :( and :) at the same time lol. Going to get the house ship shape! We all went out as a family yesterday which was great, and hubby also had Wed off mid week, so we had a couple of days of all 4 of us together.

Being out and about yesterday was lots easier on the diet front, and I haven't slipped! Can't believe it's week 7 weigh in tomorrow! Time has flown. Haven't had any sneaky peeks on the scales this week (I often do on Sat/Sun morning), so no idea of how things are, but I've been good, so what will be will be :) Good luck to you for tomorrow's weigh in and hope you have a lovely week off :) (be good ;) ) xx

Plenty of time lol :D xx

Hello, Jayne.

Great to see how you are managing well now on LT. Like you, I have a lot of lbs to realese back to the wild. I'm 18stone 5lbs - 40lbs down since starting, and c4 stones down from earlier in 2011.

I was interested to see the questions you are asking yourself about the future and your conversation with your husband. I've been thinking about this a lot too.

I found in my files a print out of weight tracking from WW online in 2004. I lost a a couple of stone and then solemnly tracked putting weight back on and didnt take any action. That's what differentiates us from the regular sized people. They are much more self regulating and dont seem to treat food as a treat/reward as much as us folk who are fat.

So I think you are very wise to think about what your new normal will be. It is pointless to get to a healthy weight and then regain. So that will need a real conscious focus for some years - as it's taken many of us years to get and stay fat.

I'm not sure it's about will power per se. I think it is about a new normal. Things like having healthier foods in the house, planning menus and eating plans, not going too long between meals, eating protein more than carbs, and eating more veg, taking action is more than 3 or 4lbs above our goal weight, eating less before a special meal, instaed or adapting later. I also think it is about changing our mind set that one slip means we just continue on the destructive path.

I think that preparing for this whilst we are on the vlcd will help us be successful. I feel optimistic that the success of loosing shedloads of weight will give me the momentum to keep it off this time. I will need to be very active in the plans and sensible choices to stay at that weight.

I even found myself thinking maybe I'm teetotal now....I didn't drink a lot. I really enjoyed the drinks I did have. But maybe I'll stay off alcohol and the empty calories most of the time when I'm at goal.

I'm also thinking about resources - cookbooks that are low carb as I lost some eating paleo before I started Alizonne and psychological support - hypnotherapy, slimpods and The Beck Solution.

So much to think about.

Ali

Just realised (after seeing a Sainsbury's notification on FB re lemons, choc spread and syrup) - is it Shrove Tuesday tomorrow? Doing this diet I haven't even thought. Bummer! I LOVE pancakes! Shall have to try and get a ready mix in or something and hubby can cook them for the boys tomorrow evening. Got a great one last year where I just added water or milk (can't remember) to a mix in a shakable container and off we went. It worked really well :) May even just get them a pack of the ready made ones. They won't mind, so long as they have something!

I've gotten through Valentines Day without a single choc, now I'll get through Shrove Tues without a single pancake, next is flipping Easter and not a single Easter Egg (hopefully/maybe!). Ahhh, it'll all be worth it in the long run! *sigh*

At the moment I'm committing myself to 98 days (14 weeks) on this diet. The half way point is tomorrow! That means my last day would be Mon 11 April, with refeed starting Tues 12 April (after weigh in). So in theory, could have a little bit of an Easter Egg by Easter Sun. However, I will still have more weight to lose, so may stay on it longer if I'm still going strong at that point. It will be either that or start Slimming World. Decision to be made nearer the time lol.

xx

Hi Ali :)

I did exactly the same and tracked weight gain, but didn't address it! Yes, 3-4lb above our target weight and we must definitely take action in the future, and planning for that now is a must, else we just end up back to our old habits as we haven't changed anything. Losing the weight doesn't change our behaviours. We must make a conscious effort to do that!

Sounds like you are planning really well :) Not to mention doing super well with your weight loss to date :) Well done! Keep up the fab work :) Thanks for your post xx

Week 7 weigh in and 2.5lb off :) Seems to be a bit of a pattern developing for me, and it's consistent so I guess I'm happy :) Wish I could lose faster mind, but as I've said before, I have PCOS and I'm positive it hinders the losses, and on a conventional diet I manage much less, so this is still fast for me :)

Oo, just noticed! Have less than 100lb to go! :)

BMI almost under 40 - next week maybe? Hopefully into the 17's next week as well :) xx

Last edited:
Downwards is onwards - so good. Well done.

Ali

Well Done! your inspirational x

Week 7 weigh in and 2.5lb off :) Seems to be a bit of a pattern developing for me, and it's consistent so I guess I'm happy :) Wish I could lose faster mind, but as I've said before, I have PCOS and I'm positive it hinders the losses, and on a conventional diet I manage much less, so this is still fast for me :)

Oo, just noticed! Have less than 100lb to go! :)

BMI almost under 40 - next week maybe? Hopefully into the 17's next week as well :) xx

Hi Jayne,
I've just got into the less than 100lb to lose today and it feels great! So keep it up and if you stay with tour 2.5 a week, you'll have just over 70 by time you finish your 14 weeks!
Well done
dusty

Way to go hunnii!! That's brilliant!!.. Remember, any loss is a good loss x x x

Back