TS AAM Jay's Diary

I also drink about 6litres over the course of the day ive always drank lots i think its only dangerous if you drink lots in a short space of time. Keep going i always find i lose more when i drink more.

Drinking lots of water will not affect your weight loss in a negative way - many believe quite the opposite (some say "the more you drink the more you shrink"). I think the only time you need to worry is if you drink too much in a short space of time - then it can become dangerous

Well done - you're doing fab

xxx

I drink between 6-8 litres Jay and it hasnt done me any harm.

I think a lot of food and drink is more of a habit than anything else. It took me ages to get used to Saturday night not being takeaway night and to be honest once I get to goal I intend to reinstate that habit but Ill be careful the rest of the week instead of eating what I like which is what I would have done before. And besides that I dont even think I could eat an entire takeaway any more lol.

I completely agree with you on the reinstatment of the odd takeaway. Where I'm at right now is place where I gain control of my weight and what food I put into my body. Once I am at my target weight I see no harm in having the odd 'treat' providing I don't fall back into old habits which I'll have no intention of doing.

Thank you all for your comments about water\fluid intake. I was concerned that I was drinking too much and to hear that there are others who are drinking more without any detriment to their weigh loss is really reassuring.

Thanks again.

Day Four - 1400

I was dreading today, being in the house and around the food and left over Christmas goodies was a scary prospect but so far so good, I haven't been broken. I've even cooked the kids a dinner of bacon, potatoe slices with some peppers and cucumber and even though the bacon smelt gorgeous and I was tempted I didnt give in even plated up a dish for my wife when she gets back whereas in the past I'd have scoffed the lot. The kids leftovers went straight in the dog so and again I'd have finished those off. Really feeling a mental strength that hasn't been there before.

Breakfast this morning was a chocolate shake followed by a pint of water and lunch was a toffee, raisin and nut bar with another pint of water. No big surprises in this lot as I've had them all before but tonight I have Tomato and Basil which I've read is one of the worst but I'll post back later.

Fluid intake - total so far
Water - 2 pints (1L)
Tea - 2 mugs (500ml)

Day Four - 2100

I've been struggling with cravings for the best part of the afternoon and evening, really fancying a chinese. It's Saturday night, the wife is out and the kids are in bed, I'd usually go for a chinese right about now but I won't. This has been the hardest day yet for cravings and I think if I get through this I'll be ok.

Had my tomato and basil soup this evening and following the horror stories I read I was pleasantly surprised at how nice it was, like the vegetable soup it tasted very much like the Batchelors Cup-a-soup.

I've been fighting the cravings with tea and water and I think I'll be turning in in about an hour as I find this time of night is when I most likely to 'pick'

Fluid intake
Water 6 pints (3L)
Tea 5 mugs (1.25L)

Thanks all

Last edited:
Day 5 and 6

Didn't get a chance to post yesterday but pleased to say that the cravings I had on Saturday night didn't come back and Sunday was quite a non-event in terms of temptation and cravings, which was good. I did change the times of eating after reading a poster by another user that they start at 12 and then eat every 3 hours which seems to make sense, I filled the gap in the morning with water and black tea.

This morning I had a vanilla shake first thing, as it's tricky to make that in work, but I am going to invest in a magic cup which will make things a bit easier.

Also this morning is WEIGH IN and I've been looking forward to this (with trepidition) for days. I'm pleased to report that I lost 13lbs this week which I am more than happy with!

This week is going to be slighlty different as I have a belated Christmas dinner on Thursday which will see me in a restaurant. I preorder back in Novemeber the soup to start and peri peri chicken for main course with dessert of the day. I'm not a big dessert fan so I'll give that a miss anyway and I think I'll pass on the starter as well. As for the main course I'll be eating the chicken and available beg but will leave the potatoes well alone, I think this will give me the best chance of staying in ketosis.

Saturday and Sunday are a potential hazard for me as I will be driving to Glasgow with my good wife as I have to work there, I will be taking my shakes etc with me and my intentions are to following the plan but if I said driving for the best part of 16hrs across two days without nibbles didnt scare me I'd be lying.

Brilliant WI result. Sounds like you have next week sorted as well and if you do have to nibble make sure its on protein.

Hi both, really pleased with the results and looking to plough on hard this week.

Day 7 -1130

Feeling pretty chuffed with myself today after the WI yesterday and it has really spurred me on to continue, if I'm honest I had said to myself 'if I don't see a weigh loss this week with all the hard work then that's me done', I couldnt have been more wrong and I'm glad.

I think I've tried all the shakes, soups and bars now so I won't bore you with how they taste etc as I'll only be repeating myself.

I'm starting to feel a bit hungry at the moment and think i'll have half a bar of chocolate orange now.

See ya peeps!

Day 8 - 0800

Sat on the train listening to Dire Straits on my way to work.

I think I'm going to move my WI to a Wednesday so it ties in with my starting on Exante.

Vanilla shake this morning followed by a pint of water. Haven't had any food cravings so far this week but it was the weekend that nearly killed me last week.

Not too concerned about tomorrows meal, just hope it doesn't through me off too much.

Day 11 - 2022

It's been a couple of days since my last post and all has been going well. The Xmas meal went fine although I did have soup as well as the chicken. Tonight I'm up in Glasgow with my better half for work and I'm currently sat in an Italian restaurant with a pint of peroni and a pizza on order.

I won't allow myself to feel guilty or disappointed by this, I made the decision and I'm ok with it. Tomorrow will be a new day and I'll be back on it.

P.S - the peroni is sooooooooooo good!

A bit of graft between now and WI and it'll be all good. I've nothing planned for the foreseeable future now so I can crack on now to get the 50lb off by Easter.

It felt quite powerful to be able to say 'I'm going to eat this' rather than my body/brain saying 'you must eat this and you must eat it now!!!!'

Day 13 - 2000

I've been feeling a bit bloated today and I think it may be a hangover from the food at the weekend. I've been 100% today and I'm surprised that I was able to just step back into it after the weekend I had.

My wife has decided to start on the Exante TS after seeing my results in the first week, it's her first day today and she is struggling but I;ve assured her that it does get better, I'm trying to get her on this site as I'm sure she'll find the support and advice as useful as I have.

Fantastic start!! Good luck for WI tomorrow

xxx

Hi Toots, thanks for the message. WI for me is on Wednesday after a full week, I was doing it on Mondays but shifted it to Wednesday to tie in with the start of a new week on Exante.

I'm looking forward to the WI but I'm not expecting high figures this week due to my eating out over the weekend but any loss will be accepted with open arms.

Day 15 - 0730

Well it was time to WI this morning so with trepidation I hopped on to the scale.....it showed 16s 2.......that can't be right, a 6 pound loss even with the indulgences of earlier in the week. I tried 3 more times and the result was the same.

-6lbs last week and 13lbs the week before, gotta be happy with that.

This weeks goal is to break into the 15 stone category.

Back