JD Wetherspoons

Jengen

I have eaten out a couple times here and always got a jacket potato with a mixed grill which I thought was good on a red day using Jacket pot as HE b - but apparently according to Food directory it is over 50 syns :eek:
more than a few pieces of chicken from KFC!
And here was me thinking I was being good :(

ouch!! that's pretty bad, what kind of meat is in the mixed grill? Also bear in mind all the fat it could be cooked in, and if there's butter in the jacket potato etc.

Wetherspoons is annoying to eat at, your best bet is probably to stick to jacket potato with beans (I know its boring)

I know it is probably the oil but i thought if fried eggs are only 1/2syn the fat shouldn't be that much :( obv was mistaken.
Butter is given in a little tub and i never use it- as you say i will stick to jacket and beans :) x

saying that I have recently discovered that wetherspoons jacket potatoes are ridiculously high in syns but maybe that's including butter?

There are a lot of threads on wetherspoons jacket spuds and they have confirmed that their jacket spuds are just that, a spud. No sabotage, no oil coating, not deep fried.
Depending on the size of the potato you can take it as a B choice but a 227g potato isn't very big really.
The best choice at Wetherspoons is 5 bean chilli and rice at 4.5 syns (or 5 syns can't remember) and that's mainly for the tortilla chips.

Back