JD Wetherspoons

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Eating Out' started by Jengen, 9 September 2010 Social URL.

1. Jengen

Jengen Full Member

Start Weight:
    23st3.5lb
    Current Weight:
    20st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8lb(11.06%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have eaten out a couple times here and always got a jacket potato with a mixed grill which I thought was good on a red day using Jacket pot as HE b - but apparently according to Food directory it is over 50 syns :eek:
    more than a few pieces of chicken from KFC!
    And here was me thinking I was being good :(

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Entropy

Entropy Full Member

Start Weight:
    24st4lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st2lb
    Lost(%):
    8st5.5lb(34.56%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    ouch!! that's pretty bad, what kind of meat is in the mixed grill? Also bear in mind all the fat it could be cooked in, and if there's butter in the jacket potato etc.

Wetherspoons is annoying to eat at, your best bet is probably to stick to jacket potato with beans (I know its boring)

4. Jengen

Jengen Full Member

Start Weight:
    23st3.5lb
    Current Weight:
    20st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8lb(11.06%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I know it is probably the oil but i thought if fried eggs are only 1/2syn the fat shouldn't be that much :( obv was mistaken.
    Butter is given in a little tub and i never use it- as you say i will stick to jacket and beans :) x

5. Entropy

Entropy Full Member

Start Weight:
    24st4lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st2lb
    Lost(%):
    8st5.5lb(34.56%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    saying that I have recently discovered that wetherspoons jacket potatoes are ridiculously high in syns but maybe that's including butter?

6. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

There are a lot of threads on wetherspoons jacket spuds and they have confirmed that their jacket spuds are just that, a spud. No sabotage, no oil coating, not deep fried.
    Depending on the size of the potato you can take it as a B choice but a 227g potato isn't very big really.
    The best choice at Wetherspoons is 5 bean chilli and rice at 4.5 syns (or 5 syns can't remember) and that's mainly for the tortilla chips.

7. jerricebenton

jerricebenton Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st9lb
    Current Weight:
    20st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Low Carb
    Best bet is either the 5 bean chilli (4 syns for the tortillas) or gammon, egg & chips (9.5 syns). Gammon & baked potato is 15!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.