Jeans: Should I buy a bigger pair, or do without til weight back off?

Lucky7

Lucky7
I'm really missing having jeans to wear since putting some weight back on. Min are all 10-12. At the moment I need more of a 12-14 to be comfortable in them. My OH thinks I shouldn't buy bigger ones as it'll take away the incentive to get back on track. Missing them for work and casual going out (eg BBQ tonight).

What do you think?

Hmmmph.:confused:

i kind of agree with your OH.....but then again you can get jeans so cheap now, that it doesnt really matter if they only fit you for a little while....sorry, im not much help!

Depends on you personally to be honest. If you really want some then buy a cheap pair that your not planning on keeping for long, maybe even look for some second hand ones on ebay. However, your OH does have a point, you don't want to buy some and get used to buying a bigger size or loose the incentive to fit into your old jeans

Just went to Primark and bought a mens pair (all the ladies were the superskinny ones and they don't suit me) for £8.
It's not like the jeans suddenly make me feel ok about having put on weight - they just make life (and this rubbish weather) a bit more doable / practical while I work towards getting back in my others.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Nice to see you back Lucky 7 & congrats on the job; I bet you are well happy. XXX

Cheers Big Bear. I think I am! - Although I did expect to feel more elation if I got it, but then I have been poorly since then. Not sure have had the energy to really enjoy it yet. Wuss eh!! lol x

i was in the same position actually! my jeans were all getting too tight and my high waisted ones wouldnt do up but for me that gave me the incentive to start being good straight away as i couldnt wear nice clothes if i didnt lose the weight! lol its whatever works tho xxxx

i was in the same position actually! my jeans were all getting too tight and my high waisted ones wouldnt do up but for me that gave me the incentive to start being good straight away as i couldnt wear nice clothes if i didnt lose the weight! lol its whatever works tho xxxx

It's those high waited ones that are giving me grief at the moment. Love em when they fit, but they're killers when they get too tight. (Freddies).

Welcome to freddiesofpinewood.co.uk

Oh well - Primark'll have to do for a few weeks!

Of course you will get the weight back off, new jeans or no. I remember all those beautiful 50's dresses you bought. They are all so beautiful there is no way you will not be wearing those comfortably.

Why be miserable ???? I think you have done the right thing. I know if it was me it would make me even more determined to get the kilos off knowing I had had to buy bigger ones.

Hi Lucky :wavey:

Back