Jelly??

Mel1979a

Hi Im pretty new this time round but i was wondering are we allowed Hartleys Sugar Free Jelly? Its doesnt contain any citric acid and is minimal carbs?
Or can we mix gelatine with the shakes?
Just looking to get a bit of variety really!

Hiya,
The official answer to this question would be no. It isn't an official part of the plan, and some people beleive that once they start adding in extras in one form or another, then it's the beginning of a slippery slope. There's also the possibility that they might trigger off cravings for other sweet things, which in turn might make it more difficult to stick to the plan.

Having said all that, as you said, sugar free jellies are minimal calories and carbs, and as long as they haven't got citric acid in them, they won't affect ketosis. I've been having jelly (about half a pack's worth each day) for about half of my journey on Exante, and I find that they help rather than hinder me.

I guess it's up to the invividual whether we decide to 'tweak' the plan, and that's alright as long as that decision is an informed one. I know that some of the things I do are not recommended, but I wouldn't tell a new member that my way is the right way, because I know it isn't. Who knows whether I'd lose more weight if I didn't have sugar free jelly or milk in my tea? I can only say that it's what I do, and that I'm still happy with my losses.

Hope this helps.
x

Back