*JenJen's* Back on the wagon before I'm ofski to Australia!!!

Hiya Jen

When I was on Lipotrim my hair started shredding and went really really thin! Mines was coming out by the handful! But it just stopped falling out after about 3 maybe 4 weeks. Some people say it stops when you eat but lipotrim told me that eating wouldn't make a difference. I don't know what to suggest to you babe, when it happened to me I was just thinking, I'd rather be slimmer and bald than fat with thick hair lol
It is worrying tho aint it!
You haven't done aamw have you? Du think you could try that? xx

It is worrying, I'm like starting to see skin at the sides of my hair at the front where my hair was the thinnest in the first place. This morning when I was tying it up I had to take it out of the high pony tail and put it low to try and make it look better. I think it's more noticeable for me coz my hair was so thick in the first place.

I've been thinking about AAMW to see if that helps, tbh I need to try and learn to eat now so that I can cope when it comes to coming off plan.

The only thing that worries me is that I will want to overeat. Or that I may inadvertently kick myself out of ketosis and I won't have the willpower to start again.

I ran out of bars on Saturday so on Sunday I bought myself a BL bar and I've had one each day til my box comes tomorrow and yday I was hungry and today also. It was strange eating something different after so long and it's made me worry about maintaining and eating etc etc.

It's a bit of a dilemma really...

Oh Jen....I share your pain. My hair is really shredding too. Went through a big period of shedding a few weeks back but seems to have settled again now. Food didn't make much of a difference to be honest. My hairdresser is keeping an eye on it but sadly it seems there is nothing we can do. We won't go bald but to us it will feel thinner. Outside world probably won't even notice tho but I truly know how it feels. Last time i did a VLCD it was the same but it did grow back thicker after coming off the diet.

I think it would be good for you to have a AAM if you don't mind me being honest. Last time I did one of these diets I ate nothing, and I mean nothing not even bars for 8 whole months and when I came off plan I just wet crazy as had to eat everyting! Was like some crazed animal! What I love about Exante is learning to be sensible with food choices so when I do AAM or do a WS day I really do stick to what I can have and enjoy it and I really do think it is helpful in creating a healthier relationship with food for when maintenance comes along. Obvioulsy this is only my opinion and may not work for you babe and I don't mean it to sound rude.....

How do you feel about doing an AAM to see how it goes? xxx

Hi Jen

I share your pain, just posted on another thread that I am going to be some hot bald skinny chick like Demi in GI Jane :)
Going at the temples especially :( going to be a bald bride
Not sure what to advise, I am just trying to ignore it :( x

I have just read about 4 vitamins/minerals that are supposed to help with hair growth: protein, fatty acids (fish oil), iron, and B12. All of these are available in pill-form if you would be interested in trying it out. Sorry about your hair loss issue hun, hope you can work it out! :hug99:

Hiya Jen,
Sorry to hear about your hair, I'm having the same. Like you I also have really thick hair, but know it really has got thinner as it actually fits into normal hair clips at the moment, not just the big ones for thick hair. I'm not sure what to suggest. AAM may help, but I know for me I'm doing a lot of WS and it's still happening. I think for me I'm going to keep going until I get to goal weight, and then let it grow back - I remember after I did LL, when I went back to food I got loads of fuzzy new baby hair growing all over, particularly noticeable round my temples. I'm not sure, I may go for a radical shorter hair cut once I've finished, just to get it all growing back thick together... not sure yet.

I don't really know what to suggest, other than to say we're in it with you. Try not to let it get to you, as it is just a temporary side effect of the diet.

I have just read about 4 vitamins/minerals that are supposed to help with hair growth: protein, fatty acids (fish oil), iron, and B12. All of these are available in pill-form if you would be interested in trying it out. Sorry about your hair loss issue hun, hope you can work it out! :hug99:

I also thought I had read somewhere (probably on here) about the protein helping with hair growth.
I have been taking flaxseed capsules, a vegetarian equivalent to fish oil :).
I also have quite a few WS days, so I am not sure if that has helped me not appear to lose any hair.
If you do try to add a few WS days Jen, I hope it helps :)

Thanks for all your replies. So I've been thinking about it.

I still need to do this diet, I still need to continue on with the diet and I'm just going to play it by ear, see how the hair shedding goes - I always find that my hair comes out a lot at this time of the year but because my hair was so thick it never really bothered me that much. Its only because I noticed that my hair is decidedly thin. I'm hoping that I won't go bald though lol.

I do need to do AAMW - I totally appreciate your honesty and sharing with me Lady Gaga. Yesterday I was just going to jump head long into it today seeing as it is my official WI but after thinking it through last night I've decided that could be disastrous.

So, I'm going to do my first AAMW at the end of July once I've done week 22. I need to plan well and I need to organise what food I'm going to eat. And by then I will be into the 15s with 3 stone left to lose.

I will have an AAMW monthly after that so that I'm prepared for eating when its time to be cut lose in the real world of maintaining.

Whatever am I going to eat other than chicken lol... Now comes the hardest part of the diet for me so far I think!

Today's WI this morning brought about a 4lbs loss... So I'm 16st 5lbs. Which means that I've lost over 7 and a half stone.

Totally focusing on this coming month... I would love to lose 17lbs because I would have completed my summer challenge a month early :D

Also, my fertility appointment has come through, I will see the nurse in the 2nd week of August :D I'm sailing really because my BMI is at 33 just now. Hopefully by the time that I go to my appointment I will be in the overweight category and into the 14s :D:D:D:D

Wow Jen, what a fantastic update - another 4lbs is brilliant, you'll be at 8stone in no time :) It's great that you'll be at overweight by the time you get to your appointment, I do hope they are impressed with your weight loss and willing to work with you to help. It's exciting times, you're doing amazingly well :D

Jen your doing absolutely amazing Hun. Im sooooo jealous of your sheer determination and willpower :) You really are someone I totally look up too babe. To go throo all the stuff you have and not stray from this diet AT ALL really isn't human ;) you really should be the face of Exante coz you truly are amazing xxx

I think your doing the right thing with AAMW too. Plan plan plan :D

Mwah xxxx

Miss-G said:
Jen your doing absolutely amazing Hun. Im sooooo jealous of your sheer determination and willpower :) You really are someone I totally look up too babe. To go throo all the stuff you have and not stray from this diet AT ALL really isn't human ;) you really should be the face of Exante coz you truly are amazing xxx

Mwah xxxx

Totally agree with every word of that! x

14stoneto9stoneplease said:
Totally agree with every word of that! x

I'm good eh? :giggle: xx

cybill said:
Wow Jen, what a fantastic update - another 4lbs is brilliant, you'll be at 8stone in no time :) It's great that you'll be at overweight by the time you get to your appointment, I do hope they are impressed with your weight loss and willing to work with you to help. It's exciting times, you're doing amazingly well :D

Fingers crossed that it comes soon :D I'm so glad that when I see the doc there's a possibility that I will be overweight rather than morbidly obese as I was or obese as I'm classed now.

I really want to be in the 14s soon - august hopefully. I can't remember being 14st , it must of been in my early teens.

You are doing great too Rachel! Congrats on your 8 balloon xxx

Miss-G said:

Mwah xxxx

Aw thanks Clair! I could be the bald face of Exante :D lol

Some of my family used to tell me my sheer bloodymindness and stubborn streak was a character trait that wasn't very becoming but it's come in quite handy for this diet lol

How's you Clair? Xx

Wow Jen :D
4lbs is great. Well bloomin done :D

For your AAMW...
Do you like fish ? Tuna, salmon, trout, cod, haddock ? I know alot of people dont like it, but it really is an excellent source of protein :)
Omlette ?
:)

notsoskinnymarge said:
Wow Jen :D
4lbs is great. Well bloomin done :D

For your AAMW...
Do you like fish ? Tuna, salmon, trout, cod, haddock ? I know alot of people dont like it, but it really is an excellent source of protein :)
Omlette ?
:)

Thank you marge :D how are you?

I love fish. I'm going to get some fish for defo for aamw. I think I might get the fresh fish from asda that they put in the bag - is it ok to have some of the butter that they can add in it?

What do you have with it? Or would you have just the fish?

I was also thinking a chicken breast with a bit of herb and garlic philedelphia cheese in a slice in the middle wrapped in ham - that OK?

Ohhhh an omelette... Yeah, that would be good.

So 7 days, an omelette (a bit of cheese OK in it, bit of chicken?), tuna, cod, chicken breast done like I mentioned... 4 days sorted. Just need 3 more meals and I'm sorted! :D xx

Back