*JenJen's* Back on the wagon before I'm ofski to Australia!!!

Yeah it was fab...

Gave me to much time to think though... Lol so now I'm pondering life changes... Spent ages thinking right... This is what I'm going to do and then in the last 10 minutes I've decided against it.

Dunno what's wrong with me at the moment. I want change, I want something different out of life but I don't really.

Oh my!lol

Change can be good.
But it can also be scarey.
Depends why and what you want to change I suppose :)

Jenjen the person planning the most changes is ED she is doing so well. So maybe you should think about one thing in your life you would like to change other than your weight and take it from there. :D
Mere x

Well 7th WI today... I've had a different WI result from the last time. And not for the netter. I've lost 3lbs which I think is terribly unfair on a diet like this... I've stuck to it 100%, no cheats, no slip ups. I'm still really high up there weight wise. So yeah, not that happy with the result. If I was to lose that every week I wouldn't lose a stone in a month.

Anyway, even though I'm not happy with the result, I will keep on going.

Wow you're not happy with 3lbs? I know you've had more up to now, but 3lbs is still a great loss. You certainly wouldn't be losing anything like this on a regular basis doing any food-based diet. There are no guarantees that you'll lose a stone a month because everyone's bodies are different and will lose weight at a different rate. I only lost 6lbs in my first week despite being 100% and only 3lbs my second and I've got WI tomorrow and I'm only 2.5lbs down so far this week, but I'm pleased with that. Please dont be disheartened with your loss, I think it's fantastic and unfortunately your body will do what it wants to do, there's not much we can really do to speed it up if that's the rate it wants to lose at.

Wow you're not happy with 3lbs? I know you've had more up to now, but 3lbs is still a great loss. You certainly wouldn't be losing anything like this on a regular basis doing any food-based diet. There are no guarantees that you'll lose a stone a month because everyone's bodies are different and will lose weight at a different rate. I only lost 6lbs in my first week despite being 100% and only 3lbs my second and I've got WI tomorrow and I'm only 2.5lbs down so far this week, but I'm pleased with that. Please dont be disheartened with your loss, I think it's fantastic and unfortunately your body will do what it wants to do, there's not much we can really do to speed it up if that's the rate it wants to lose at.

The thing is, because I'm so heavy, I really should be losing higher numbers, I've done this really successfully once before and shorter attempts a few times before then and I don't start getting these kinds of losses until I'm into smaller weight brackets...

I need to be smaller, I need to feel smaller on this plane.

I know what your saying, need to take the bad with the good though... How much have you lost in how many weeks? Your doing great Jen! I've had a sts even although was 100%. All we can do is keep trying eh? Xxx

I totally get wanting to have the weight off and fast, I feel that way too, but there's really not much you can do if you're doing the diet 100% and you've still lost a lot of weight in a short amount of time. Other than having surgery, there's not really any faster way of doing it. Just keep going, the weight will come off and maybe next week the results will be better.

A loss is a loss maybe your are disappointed that you are not losing more quickly butter think how you would feel if it was a gain rather than a loss. You would think 3lbs was a lot then. Keep smiling and just keep doing what you are doing.
Mere x

Well 7th WI today... I've had a different WI result from the last time. And not for the netter. I've lost 3lbs which I think is terribly unfair on a diet like this... I've stuck to it 100%, no cheats, no slip ups. I'm still really high up there weight wise. So yeah, not that happy with the result. If I was to lose that every week I wouldn't lose a stone in a month.

Anyway, even though I'm not happy with the result, I will keep on going.

Awww sorry about that....
But there could be so many factors that would not have given you the loss you were expecting...
TOTM, water intake and retention, tiredness, just plain stubborn pounds not budging !! You know all this eh ?
You know it will come off eventually, and you know that you will be much more comfortable on that plane in August, than you will be today. :)

You have only half a pound to go, before you are half way to what you want to lose !!!:D

Sometimes a loss that is not what we were expecting makes us lose sight of the bigger picture... and there is less of you in that picture today, than there was 6 weeks ago !!;)

I've not updated this thing because I'm so frustrated with my losses. I've got one more day and til WI and I've lost 3lbs again, maybe tomorrow will show different loss but its what I've been telling myself every day and hoping.

I kind of wish that I hadn't ordered more S&S last week. When I done Exante I lost 9 stone! I started this diet heavier than I did the last time so I can't work out why I'm losing weight slower this time and its doing my head in. Even when I done WW and other diets I've not lost as slowly as this and its annoying me...

I need somewhere to vent... I've not felt like I could do that either.

Jen, you should always come on here and vent !
It helps you move forward and keep going. :)
I never really had great losses with S&S last year, as I added salad, or more protein, or both, not all the time, but sometimes. And I wasnt over doing it either !!!
I think it put my head in the wrong place.
I know others have great losses with S&S, but for me, it was no good.
Maybe its a slower loss with S&S for you :)

I think I just wanted to moan... And I felt a wee bit like I couldn't. I think that there are times on this diet that everyone needs a good moan because its really not the easiest of diets to do lol.

I've not really been adding in the veg allowance and I've never added in protein, I've just been doing 4 packs a day. I had exactly the same losses up until week 6 on S&S as I did on Exante. I'm thinking that maybe the last 2 weeks have just been slow weeks, I've really just wanted to moan though lol.

And you are right, I do need somewhere to go to so that I keep on track...

Thanks for your words Marge xx

Well W7 WI isn't the highest number I've had but it is still a better number than last week - 4 pounds off which I'm happier with seeing as the scales refused to budge again for what seemed like an eternity.

So onwards to W8. Tonight is the first night that I'm going to add any protein to this diet since I've started - going out for a meal tonight with friends that I've not seen for ages. Going to have a salad and steak.

I'll still remain in ketosis and be back to the 4 packs a day.

6 weeks until Australia and I can't wait :D:D:D:D:D Getting ever so worried I'm going to feel like a whale on the plane though :( Wish I had started doing this diet earlier but I had no idea that I would be going and as soon as I was told I started but hey ho can't do anything about it now but keep on going.

Moan away jen when you need too ;)
If it keeps you on track ;)

4lb off is fab :D, well done :D

Enjoy your meal tonight. Maybe it will kick start your losses a wee bit for next week :)

Hi Jenjen
I think you are doing great. Moan away if it helps you to keep going. You could lose well over a stone in a few weeks and will be feeling so much lighter than you did when you started. In life you can never go back only forward so onwards and downwards. Enjoy your meal.
Mere x

How's it going Jen ?:D

Back