*JenJen's* Back on the wagon before I'm ofski to Australia!!!

Hello everyone - how are you all?

Well, I'm not in such agonizing pain anymore. I still get pain now and again and I feel quite tired and pretty eurgh (brilliant medical term!) and I'm getting a scan this week so hopefully that means that I will be able to find out whats going on.

Since I've been ill I've barely thought about food. I've been feeling sick/being sick regularly - you would think that this would help my weight loss but nah! All to do with the foods that I could keep down - sugary sweets. Haribo type sweets of all things.

I've been feeling so much bigger too - its horrible. I can feel the weight that I've put on, and I can see it in my face as well. With looking rubbish and feeling rubbish and putting weight on I was just plain miserable.

Last week I had a bit of a break through though because that's when the constant, horrendously hideous pain eased a little and I started being able to eat more regular food without throwing it back up and. By the end of last week I felt well enough to speak to the doc because I want to start getting back to work - being off makes me miserable. I do have to say my GP has been fantastic.

So on Saturday morning I made the brave attempt to weigh myself again. I'm up 32lbs from my lowest.... Wowsers! I've gained 10lbs in 4 weeks... Which isn't as bad as gaining 22lbs which I did over the 4 weeks I was post op... Probably to do with the fact that I've really not been eating what I did then, it was all chocolate. Chocolate made me feel awful. Never the less 32lbs is a lot and I've come so far, I'm not giving in now.

So on Saturday I started using MyFitnessPal. I can't go back onto Exante - I'm still ill and I don't know exactly what's wrong, I might need further surgery and I don't want to make myself ill-er. It's just not worth it.

Plus, its quite evident that I can lose weight but I'm not so good at the maintaining part. I can't always turn back to exante when I start putting weight on - I want to learn to be able to maintain. If I get better soon though and the doc says I'm good to go then I will be back :D

I'm finding using MFP well. My OH has started using it as well so its nice to have some support.

I have been a bit naughty - I WI yesterday morning. And the scales showed I lost 4lbs. I WI today and the scales showed I had lost 3lbs. So in 2 days I've lost 7lbs and I'm now 17st 1lbs... I'm used to big losses on Exante but I've never had big losses on any other dieting plan. I know not to expect it every day, or every week even but, I have a question... Why have I lost it so quick?

I'm just going to keep plodding away at it never the less. I will have to settle with 2lbs a week until I'm in the position to come back to Exante. Hopefully I will have lost the majority of the 25lbs left I need to lose to get back to my lowest weight.

I hope you are well and doing grand everyone and if anyone has any ideas on how I've managed to lose that much in two days, let me know lol... xx

Hiya , glad you are feeling bit better, fingers crossed you get mended asap. Maybe the weight loss over last few days was water retention? Good luck hun, hope everything gets sorted for you soon x

Hi hun the first week of any diet is the week you loosethe most and like g&g said its most probably the water retention also if you put the 10lbs on in a quick time then you can loose them quick too.
Hope it all goes well for you and you get some more answers soon
Good Luck xxxx

Thanks everyone :D

I've put on 32lbs in approx 8 weeks... Now that's down to 25lbs here's hoping that goes off quickly too *fingerscrossed*

xx

Hey Jen glad to hear you are feeling a bit better x sorry about the gain but sounds like you're well on your way with taking care of that :)
No idea that is a big loss isn't it??

DustQueen said:
Hey Jen glad to hear you are feeling a bit better x sorry about the gain but sounds like you're well on your way with taking care of that :)
No idea that is a big loss isn't it??

Thank you. Hopefully I will be all better soon. I hope to get away at the end of the year, it's been a pretty tough year and I want to end it in good health and chilled.

It is a big loss, especially over 2 days and it's calorie counting. You kinda expect losses like that on a VLCD, not on 1540 calories a day like MFP worked out. Maybe I'm a big sponge and retain lots of water?

How are you getting on?xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

*jenjen* said:
Thank you. Hopefully I will be all better soon. I hope to get away at the end of the year, it's been a pretty tough year and I want to end it in good health and chilled.

It is a big loss, especially over 2 days and it's calorie counting. You kinda expect losses like that on a VLCD, not on 1540 calories a day like MFP worked out. Maybe I'm a big sponge and retain lots of water?

How are you getting on?xx

Yeah I have no idea why you would lose that that quickly :S very surprising
Yeah not too bad I'm going to try calorie counting for a bit too as need a break from the shakes :)

DustQueen said:
Yeah I have no idea why you would lose that that quickly :S very surprising
Yeah not too bad I'm going to try calorie counting for a bit too as need a break from the shakes :)

It is surprising, half a stone in 2 days wasn't expected.

Are you going to use my fitness pal?x

*jenjen* said:
It is surprising, half a stone in 2 days wasn't expected.

Are you going to use my fitness pal?x

Yeah I'm loving the barcode scanner on it very cool :)

Hiya Jen,
Its good to see you back ...
It does sound like water losses eh ?
I think there is a CC bug going round at the moment ;), as I am kinda going that route myself at the moment.
xxx

notsoskinnymarge said:
Hiya Jen,
Its good to see you back ...
It does sound like water losses eh ?
I think there is a CC bug going round at the moment ;), as I am kinda going that route myself at the moment.
xxx

Heya marge, how are you? It's good to be back :) how are you finding CC - are you using mfp too? Yeah, the loss does sound like water losses. So, if it's water weight, does that mean it wasn't fat in the first place? xx

Heya marge, how are you? It's good to be back :) how are you finding CC - are you using mfp too? Yeah, the loss does sound like water losses. So, if it's water weight, does that mean it wasn't fat in the first place? xx

Oh I dunno about the water/fat weight thingy :eek:.
Does water weight not have to go first, so that the fat weight can go second ?
Who knows eh ?:)

I had been using FoodFocus, not MFP... but to be honest, its a bit hit and miss for me. I'm not so good at updating it :eek:
I am just trying to eat healthy, and not too carby, which seems to be more or less working.
But I am still exercising like a maniac, so I think my good fortune weight maintenance wise, is more to do with that, rather than any good judgement I have have had food wise, if you know what I mean :)

*jenjen* said:
I love that too! It's straightforward. How long have u been cc'ing? xx

Oh only just started was still attempting exante last week didn't go well

notsoskinnymarge said:
Oh I dunno about the water/fat weight thingy :eek:.
Does water weight not have to go first, so that the fat weight can go second ?
Who knows eh ?:)

I had been using FoodFocus, not MFP... but to be honest, its a bit hit and miss for me. I'm not so good at updating it :eek:
I am just trying to eat healthy, and not too carby, which seems to be more or less working.
But I am still exercising like a maniac, so I think my good fortune weight maintenance wise, is more to do with that, rather than any good judgement I have have had food wise, if you know what I mean :)

You are an exercise machine lol. Xx

You are an exercise machine lol. Xx

I know :D
I'm proper addicted ;)
It makes me not right when I dont do any now :eek:;)

notsoskinnymarge said:
I know :D
I'm proper addicted ;)
It makes me not right when I dont do any now :eek:;)

I wish I had the energy to exercise, all in good time, once I'm fixed :D x

Back