Jennys dukan adventure..

Jeniferous

Hi all - thought I would start a diary (which I'll endeavour to keep up to date!) I've found other peoples really interesting so I hope my notes can help someone along the way.

I started at a mammoth 16st 6lbs a year ago and lost 3st 8lbs with a combination of slimming world, diet chef and personal training. I decided that after hitting the plateau I needed a kick up the bottom to shift the last couple of stone so I've started dukan. I'm sceptical about whether it's good for you and whether I really lose more per week long term than sticking to a low calorie diet but I want to get the last bit gone pre christmas! I've been on this journey for too long.

So I started last Sunday and it's now Friday night. After a blow out 'pig banquet' for my partners birthday I was up to 13st 8lbs. I did 3 days of attack and got to 13st 2.6lbs. I've been staying with family since so not weighed in but I've stuck to it 99% if not 100%. Today is a pv day.

Breaky - oat bran bread with a poached egg
Lunch - hot chicken, lean bacon and salad with a tsp of extra light Philly
Dinner - roasted veg and steak (sneaky bit of whole seed mustard)
Snacks - activia cherry yoghurt

I hope all this is worth it though, I've had horrible headaches all week and I'm really exhausted and woozy. I went to the garden centre and felt completely wiped by the time I've got home. Good thing I'm on holiday this week so can sit and do nothing! Went to the gym yesterday and lasted 30 mins before I felt sick.

The big question is - IS THIS NORMAL?

Woah that's a post and a half - if any of you read this far I'm impressed!

Night all,
X

Well it's day 7 and I've still got a banging headache and no energy. It needs to pick up before I go back to work on Monday. Have been a tad grumpy too!

Pp day today:
B - galette (mini!), bacon & one egg
L- galette, chicken, Brasaola, extra light Philly
D- planning to have steak (again)

I made some dukan bread this aft so had a weenie slice, pretty tasty! I'll also have a Greek fat free yoghurt at some point today!

I'm trying to persuade myself to go to the gym but I'm completely exhausted. Another 1lb off today (but using mums scales so I don't know what it means really).

See you all later!
J x

More than I probably should. I could drink 6+ pints of plain water a day easily! Well I'll give it a bit more time and see how I go.

Whoop - I'll get the diary uploaded later but my weigh in showed another 2lbs gone, that's 8lbs in a week (I don't care if some of its water, it's 8 lbs!!!)

Well done you..... Menu looking good thus far apart from the fruit activia - not allowed on Dukan though some people do most of us stick to total 0% and add vanilla and sweetner to it - also some people have the lemon or vanilla muller lights which I did personally throughout cruise (to make my muffins) and lost weight v consistently...... Keep going Jenny - TW will be with you in no time though not sure I lost weight any faster on Dukan than on any other diet that I have done - the only thing I found was that I craved less 'rubbish' on Dukan and didn't have 'days off' like I did on other plans!! I honestly can say food wise that I stuck to it 100% for the full year I was on cruise - I did have the odd vodka and diet coke but food wise was golden!!! Definately worth the trip!!!

:) I bought the lemon Greek mullers today. Today's diary should end up like this:

Breaky - dukan bread and an egg
S- muller lemon yoghurt
L- chicken, ham, tomato and a teeny slice of dukan bread
D - tuna steak and salad (a biggy for me because I dont eat fish and find the whole thing quite scary but I don't mind tuna)
S- probably have a pot of sugar free jelly

Had an argument with my sister because me and my mum kept talking about the diet in front of my 7 year old niece an my sister insists that we're teaching her to worry about her weight. Personally I think if anything we would be telling her that a sensible diet means you won't be overweight and therefore improving your health. Funnily enough my sister is very very overweight and has no portion control although I don't think the kids eat badly. She has big health issues that i believe are very much weight related. What do you guys feel about talking about dieting and weight issues in front of young kids?

Jeniferous said:
. What do you guys feel about talking about dieting and weight issues in front of young kids?

I think that its probably a moot point as if your sister is overweight that are learning their eating habits from there. I'm not a parent but I think that you learn from example not from chit chat.

Hmmm tricky questions. I was brought up with a very glamorous trim mam who never needed to diet well non of my family were over weight.....only me a rouge gene???? But my grandma would never have the word diet said. She always encouraged me to eat smaller portions. I have a very good friend who obsessed with being slim and has openly criticised overweight habits and her daughter now has a bad relationship with eating and is very lollipop headed. But has told her she needs to put a few pounds on but only a few....madness. If dieting as you say is discussed and good eating habits encouraged its got to he good especially if your sister is overweight. Do you think your sisters a little jealous of your weight loss and she's expressed it through your talks of dieting??? And give Dukan a good go i love it and the tiredness does go. Are you taking the recommended vitamins? Your doing great and as fir is it healthy....i had a full medical before and another a few weeks ago and the doctors very pleased with my results if that helps xxx good luck

I think it's that she believes her illness causes the weight rather than weight causing the illness so she sees that fat people can't help it and therefore it's ok to be fat. Her daughter does ask me about why I eat the way I do but I'm very clear that i eat the way I do because I am overweight which isn't healthy but that she isn't overweight and therefore doesn't need to worry about it.

Well on a completely alternative subject - I cooked and ate 99% of my tuna steak. It's completely a mental thing now so I'm sure that it'll become part of my regular life before long. Once I've conquered tuna i'll give another fish a go!

Yeaaaaah fish beware xxx

Just wanted to say HI and well done ur doing really well ;-) Just remember to eat even when u are not hungry, a protein snack stops u feeling crappy and should help with energy levels xx

well done so far. I am on week 3 & the crappy feelings have gone. stick with it.:)

I think it's important to try something new frequently... I've now got aubergine, butternut squash, tuna and peppers into my regular rotation over the past 6 months. Want to work on more fish and broccoli next!

Well today's been better I think. Back at work and managed to stay awake but that might be due to the vat of diet coke consumed! I got through a whopping 4 cans and a 500ml bottle. I usually limit myself to 3 cans a day. I've tried quitting but giving up the booze is a step far enough!

B - scrambled egg white (made me feel green so only ate half)
L - dukan bread, extra light Philly, ham & chicken breast
D - quark & ham egg white omlette
S - two lemon muller Greek and a protein shake (post workout)

I wouldn't normally have two yoghurts but was a bit worried about getting dizzy during my body pump class tonight. Still struggled a bit, found my muscles feeling the fatigue a lot quicker. I usually do a combat class but just not sure I can do it without some quick burning fuel?

A friend gave me some ketostix today. I thought about turning them down, after all I'm losing weight who cares if my pee turns purple? Then I thought there was no harm in looking and I suppose it might help me understand about my body and it's ketosis patterns.. So I peed away, have to say I was rather pleased to see it go pink! :) ah the little things that make us happy!

Hope you all had a fab day!
J x

I bought a box of ketostix and my pee never showed me to be in ketosis. I felt robbed lol

Lol exactly xx

Back