Jenny's moved on :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 hours sleep.... Wonderful!

I get 42 pro-points. I'm gonna spend some time at work listing my usual foods and see what's what. Might do some work too.... :p

3 hours sleep. blimey what a luxury haha!! it was more than i got Jen, they finally finished the live update about 3am this morning as yes yours truely was still sitting up with matchsticks holding her eyelids open.
And boo hiss..... I'm only on 29, but still with the 49 weekly it bumps it up to 36 a day :D

kals why are you on 29? thought that was the minimum you could be on?
I really want to know what im going to be on now!

Hey jen i'm on 38 plus the good ole pro points..it is a good whack of munchin, bearin in mind f&v are free...its great...fingers crossed we get some much needed GOOD results....xxx We WILL do it!

xxxx

Hi there missus, good luck on the Propoints! Glad you are on 49 a day, I was under the mistaken impression that everyone was getting 29 a day which didn't seem a lot - as I see they've put a lot of the points of things up!!!!

Like Jess says, I think in the long run it will be similar results to the old plan but I will be keeping a beady eye on this diary to see how you go xx

I dont think it will be that different once you get used to the junk-fund 49..... :)

Day One - Done. Weekly allowance still intact..!

Day Two -
Breakfast - Toast & jam [7pp]
Sanck - Banana [0]
Lunch - Ham Roll [5pp] muller yogurt [3pp]
Tea - burger & homemade chips, with whatever veg is in the fridge [14pp]
Supper - To be decided yet

Total of 29pp / 13 remaining which will get eaten up... 49 weekly ones left

I have an oat sultana and cinnamon cookie to have with my teabreak this afternoon. I have almost had a craving for cinnamon cookies for a couple of days, but refrained from baking for fear that comfort scoffage will set in. But someone has brought some homebakes in today, and she's made cinnamon cookies, so I'm going to have one of them and I am going to damn well enjoy it!

Bread's lots of points... I might have to re-assess my bread-cravings... The WW bagels aren't too bad, but you get stung on a slice of normal bread. Why is that? I was happy to log 1.5 points for a normal slice of bread before, now it's 2 propoints a slice and I'm annoyed?! haha. I'm an idiot :)

I've plotted an entire week of comfort food - BRING IT ONNNN!!!! :D

Hmm. WW has kinda taken over my life since the revelation on sunday. Oh well, at least I'm focussed on something ;)
Bring on the size 14s.! It might be a couple of months til I can squeeze into them, but gotta start somewhere!!!

21 sleeps yet? :D

Oh i see, that sucks!

Jen food is looking lovely and glad your a bit more chipper and sorting out those cravings sensibly!
:D
Cant wait till friday when i can start, even though im a bit scared!

Oh i see, that sucks!

Jen food is looking lovely and glad your a bit more chipper and sorting out those cravings sensibly!
:D
Cant wait till friday when i can start, even though im a bit scared!

Katie, you are similar age to me. I'm 5'6" so if you are similar height I will change my weight to yours if you tell me it and I can tell you, approximately, what points you will be on.

Jen, I think we are all scared to use our weekly allowance! :p

well im 22, 5'4 and weigh about 11.7 im guessing :S
And pretty sedentary

ahhh thats alright, thanks jess!

Jen! Food sounds spiffing as per - well done on Day One at 100%. Such a relief to get that first 100% done IMO. I'm really hoping that the newness is sparking ppl's imagination again. Everyone now following PP sounds fresh as a daisy and like they've only just started, with super-high metabolism to match! Brilliant stuff!

Like Mumma K has said - roll on the 14s!

Hugs x

Thank you all for popping by :) Hannah, definitely feels like a breath of fresh air and I'm so motivated by it. I haven't even had the official roll out yet, but I feel like a whole heap of diet-diet-diet-must-lose-weight-not-losing=major-fail pressure has been taken off my shoulders... We'll see what happens scales-wise, but my head feels a million times clearer.

Laura, I know what you mean! To start with I saw I was on 42 and I was like "omg everyone in the world is on 29, I must be a monster!!" but to be fair, the points have gone much fairer on some things too - The fruit especially, and some of the "lower fat" alternatives, like the Eat Smart versions of things, they are lower than you'd imagine. In the main, I think [not gospel, no quoting plz!] general stuff has doubled, most of the lower-fat alternatives are 1.5 times the original points value. So you still get plenty for your points! :)

Haha Nik, got a bit of a way to go yet til I get to nick your kecks !!!

Ok, final scoffage for the day...

Breakfast - Toast & Jam
Lunch - Ham Roll, Yogurt & banana, cookie
Tea - 200g potato chipped and roasted in spices, a burger, dry fried onion & pepper with a dollop of light mayo
Dessert - Cadbury light trifle [only 3 propoints!] ... and I may have a second one...

Total of 40 pro points. And I am genuinely stuffed but not uncomfortable.

As I said, this week is dedicated entirely to comfort food... Pepperoni Pizza tomorrow, hurrah!

Biker was asking about the new plan last night. I said that I felt ok about it and that, yes, while he was away I would give it 110% and a fair trial... We were talking about the treat fund, and I said that I couldn't quite get my head around how if you eat 49 points, you lose weight. If you don't eat the 49 points, you lose weight.... It's like an extra day or twos food for some. How can eating that much extra [or not] have no impact on your weightloss? I thought it might be a placebo type thing, like a reverse psychology thing? We've all felt that pull - You go on a diet, you say "no more chocolate" or "no more crisps" and BANG... all you want is chocolate and crisps. So you crave it, think constantly about it, give in, eat twice as much choc/crisps as you would normally, feel sick, feel like a failure and bang, away goes the wagon, leaving you in the gutter. However, this time, WW says you have this buffer... maybe if it's there, you don't want the food half as much, cos it's not off-limits. I know nothing was ever off limits as such.. but if it's not naughty, if it's not so much of a treat, what's the big attraction?? I wonder if adding this 49 point allowance has a reverse psychology thing in that maybe you'd hardly use it.... I dunno like, I'm just thinking aloud.! It already seems to be working with me. I don't want to go raid the local shop for chocolate. I stopped myself getting a bag of maltesers from the machine at work today. Granted, I had that cookie, but before I would have snuck two..!

My points today, as we all know I like me numbers...
Discover Points - 24.5
ProPoints - 40
Syns... I'm kidding, I'm not synning, not CCing. Sticking with the WW PP system. Which I read in my head now as the WoopWoop system...........

Day 2 - Jenny 1:0 Binges

Bring on Day 3....!!

x

Aw Jenn., I smiled all through ur post...hehe!

Well done on a very successful 2 days and heres to day 3 and beyond!!!

xx

Well done Jen fab start and all that. I think you could well have a point on the if you think you can have it maybe you wont want it thinking. I suppose its a more positive way of having extra points than the previous having to save in advance or claw back. Anyway long may the renewed motivation continue.

Well after yesterdays drama of "will the courier turn up on time with the passport and visa for the 6pm flight" I thought that everything would be fine when I got the text saying "That's the pilot babbling, better switch my phone off, love ya xxx" ... You guys know what I am like with him going away, so I was shocked when I woke up at half 5 this morning... I was expecting a complete restless night, I must have been tuckered oot. First thing I check of course, is that the flight has landed in the Land of Hostility.
It did, by the way. Landed on time, at 4am local time. So I send him a text, a) to see if he gets a signal, b) to remind him to take him anti-malaria stuff and c) to say have a nice day, hope the journey was ok.

"I'm not there yet, I can't get a flight to the base"..

Hmm. The final leg of the trip, they can't book here, domestic flights there have to be booked in the country. And there are no flights..! So Biker is stuck in the capital in the Land of Hostility. I've asked why there are no flights, but he ain't got back to me yet. Not that there would be anything I can do, I'm just nosey, I want to know what's going on!

It could only happen to him..................

Finding more and more things out about this ProPoints malarky... it's working in my favour ;)

Breakfast - WW Bagel with mushrooms and philly [5pp] + banana
Lunch - Porridge [5pp] & a mullerlight [2pp]
Tea - Pepperoni Pizza [13pp]
Total - 25pp, 17pp remaining... I could have a second pizza......

;)

So good to hear you sounding so upbeat Jen! And really glad you are feeling on top form with the PP. Totally understand what you were getting at with the reverse psychology thing. I like the idea of not wanting things because we can actually have them. However, I am too frightened and sticking to my 'old pointage' for the time being.

Sorry to hear about BB - hope you're not worrying too much, he's probably just shattered from all the travelling!

Hope you have another good day :)

P.S Pepperoni pizza?! Only 13 PP???! Brilliant!

Last edited:
Thanks Hannah :)
Today I have embraced the junk food, and am still within my points... I feel a bit low, I don't know if that is because of the hassle with BB being stuck... Mind, I text him about an hour ago and it is "pending" which could mean that his phone is off, which could mean that he is on a flight... I hope so, he'll be exhausted. Though why I'm so bothered I have no idea, I know what'll happen, he'll get off the plane where he's meant to be, and go straight to bed, and not let me know he's ok or anything, I won't hear from him til the morning! I do hope this isn't typical for travel in Land of Hostility, and that he can get back here in a more straightforward manner.........

There's two main routes out of the industrial estate where I work and there's been a major accident on one of the routes, meaning that all the traffic is heading out the other way. My way. So I'm still at work. I can see the headlights queued up from here, there's no way I'm going to just sit in traffic, I'll go mad, my head will start doing that thinking thing, and I really don't want to do that. It's going through enough jumping to conclusions at the moment without overanalysing and thinking too.
So here I am, waiting for the computer to run it's reports, and checking up on some ProPoints values. At this rate, I'll be able to explain the whole thing to my class leader tomorrow ;) haha

So anyway, feeling low, food's gone a bit tits-up. Still within points, and still have the space for the pizza tonight, so I guess it's not that bad.

Breakfast - bagel & mushrooms
Lunch - mars bar, crisps, I thought I had porridge in my drawer but apparently not..
Snack cos I didnt want to leave work yet - more crisps, maltesers
And an options
Tea will be the pizza

Total - 41 propoints, I still have 1 point left, and then this 49 points...

At least when I do get to leave, the shops en-route will all be closed taking away the binge temptation!

I want a holiday, should I take some time off work? I have 2 weeks leave to take before the 19th January....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back