Jenny's moved on :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really much to say today, just wanted to wish everyone a happy National Pink & Fluffy day tomorrow.

Believe it or not, neither me nor Biker are particularly bothered about Valentines. I use it as an excuse to stock up on Slushy cards to send throughout the rest of the year, and I bullied him into getting me a card last year... I don't know if he will have this year, probably.
I have got him a card though, which says something about adding up all the fish in the sea and all the stars in the sky and thats how much I love you - Millions & millions. Its cute :) He'll roll his eyes at it :p
I'm taking a detour on the way to work tomorrow to post that through his letter box - He'll get that when he gets up and get to hurl over his cereal hah. Then after work, he's cooking tea, which I think we mutually agreed was going to be lamb and pasta, and then I'll make something chocolatey for pudding. No idea what to do yet.... any ideas???!

Choc chip brownies :D I could murder a brownie right now...

Hahaha, oh that actually made me lol :) it'll more be a case of "pasd me the tissued, dear"
*blows nose loudly, mimicking elephant*
Oh the joys of a cold......!

Hope you have a nice pink and fluffy day Jen. Loving the sound of chocolate pud....I have eaten SOOOOO much chocolate this weekend I don't think I could face another bite!

Righty, taking a break just now from work, its a bit busy.... :D
I'm not quite ready to start pointing again, I will soon, just don't want to rush myself...!
Food today, I had mushrooms, bacon and beans for breakfast, an apple, and mid morning I had a curly wurly, some grapes and a packet of Go Ahead crispy slices, which I didn't really enjoy.
Lunch is a chicken & veg sushi pack, a "healthy balance" yogurt (healthy in quotations, the level of sugar in this cannot possibly be construed as healthy) and a heap of grapes.
This afternoon I have a banana I think and more grapes. Tea is lamb & pasta I think, c/o Biker so I know that will be good. I might have another curly wurly later...

I bought myself a voucher for a hot stone massage. Never had a massage before, I'm quite scared :p

Hello pink & fluffy lady
hope old BB has brought you a card at the very least :D so I don't have to come beat him up haha!!
Have a lovely Vday x

Loving the sound of a hot stone massage, I've only ever had one professional massage it was an aromatherapy back and shoulder one. I remember feeling as if I was floating out on air afterwards very relaxing it was. When is this new experience due to take place?

Have a very fluffy time tonight with BB xx

hot stone massage sounds amazing - dont be frightened - theres nothing wrong with treating yourself :)

also.. lamb and pasta??? what do you do with that? ive never put the two together!! x

hope old BB has brought you a card at the very least :D so I don't have to come beat him up haha!!

He sure did, and it's sickeningly cute and ace and wonderful :D

Loving the sound of a hot stone massage, I've only ever had one professional massage it was an aromatherapy back and shoulder one. I remember feeling as if I was floating out on air afterwards very relaxing it was. When is this new experience due to take place?

I got a voucher, I've yet to phone up and book it, but I think I'll go sometime in March :)

Hello stranger!

:D:D:D Good to see you back MissyB :D x

hot stone massage sounds amazing - dont be frightened - theres nothing wrong with treating yourself :)

also.. lamb and pasta??? what do you do with that? ive never put the two together!! x

It was long tubey pasta, rather than shapes, with lamb mince, chopped up (fresh not a tin) tomatoes, anchovies, mint, parsley, and feta cheese chunks. It was REALLY tasty, I would have it again, except... well we'll go into that in a minute ;)

Hello Ms pink & fluffy & somewhat Rashy
if that's what the Feta has done to you :D

Hahaha! Thanks Kally, for emergency Cheese Support earlier...!

Yes, ok, kinda forgot about the goat's cheese "allergy". I use quotes because I don't think it is bad enough to call it an allergy as such, but there is definitely an adverse reaction.... Oops. And now he feels really bad, and I feel bad for making him feel bad... Ack... Oh well!

So you can picture the scene - Boy comes home from work to find girl in tasteful lingerie, hidden by elegant dress of course, dishing up a haute cousine meal to be eaten by candlelight with a good bottle of vino, before exchanging romantic gifts - delicate heart shaped chocolate truffles, beautiful roses, jewellery. Snuggling up on the sofa to watch a delightful amusing romantic film before retiring for an "early night" in a rosepetal strewn boudoir...

As if. The Jen & Biker Boy way of doing things was more like -
*Girl goes to boys house to find kitchen looks like a bombsite.
*Boy comes home to find girl in the kitchen wearing PJs and a scruffy old hoody, shouting at the cheesecake mixture that just won't combine properly!
*Can't fault the meal, he cooked a bloody good dish, it was delicious, even if it has made me poorly :) No candles though, and squash instead of wine
*Exchange of cards, both of us do that macho "yeah thanks, its nice" thing, when really we're both doing the "OMGOMGOMG I LOVEZ IT" thing on the inside..
*Girl confesses she didn't get a present
*Boy presents girl with a bottle... of Vimto :D
*Couple watch Come Dine With Me, and The Gadget Show, intermittently going to poke cheesecake to see if it has set yet
*Girl wakes boy up to see if he wants to watch a film cos "there's bound to be something slushy on"...
*Settle for a trashy horror film, because, there is NOTHING slushy on...
*Womble through to bedroom, stumble into unmade bed and fall asleep. Not even got the energy for a cuddle

WE ARE THE MOST ROMANTIC COUPLE IN THE WORLD :p

Then today, he has a course to get to, and leaves early, I get up and stumble about getting ready for work. Don't really pay too much attention, but notice that as I'm driving to work, my arms are really itchy. Actually, so's my chest. And my neck, and my chin... Actually, I feel pretty warm, given that it is -2 today, that's shocking. Come lunchtime, I feel like I want to throw up, but I'm ok, I manage to have some lunch and am not sick. Just feel like I am about to. The nausea settles through the afternoon, but the itching had picked up, and my arms and chest are red from scratching... So I ask the Cheese Queen what Feta is, is it goats cheese? I remember a couple of times before having an adverse reaction to goats cheese. Hmm. Feta is usually sheeps cheese, which I've never knowingly had before, so maybe it's that.
I got home and spoke to dad, he also suffers this reaction to greek cheese apparently, can reactions be hereditory??
Then I spoke to Biker, and he said it was a polish cheese, not actually feta, and yes it is made with goats milk. Two second pause. "OH F**K YOU'RE ALLERGIC TO GOATS CHEESE, I'VE BLOODY POISONED YOU"....
Well not quite, I'm still talking, I'm ok :) haha. Just driving myself nuts with all the scratching and looking like a right junkie with track marks everywhere...

I HAVE TO GET BACK ON TRACK PEOPLE!! We have 34 weeks til The Wedding, and I aint letting the side down - I need to STOP eating junk and start eating healthier PLZ! If Biker has to wear a kilt, I am gonna have to wear a dress. Gads. This should be motivating me to NOT LOOK LIKE A HIPPO ANYMORE!

Wednesday Plan :

Breakfast - Porridge
Lunch - Rice, Quorn steak, Broccoli
Tea - Venison bangers & mash, Carrots & Cauliflooer.

I can do this, I can BLOODY DO THIS!!! GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

(That's my war cry.... haha!!)

Oh bless Biker! I have to admit I have no idea what it is like to have the other half cook for you - Rob has cooked for me perhaps 3-4 times since we've been together! (and that pretty much includes heating things up!)

I hope you're feeling better this morning chick xxx

You're Valentine's Day story sounds a lot like me and OH too, it made me laugh! Hope that you are feeling better and the itching stops soon! xx

Oooh Jen. Your valentine's actually sounds suitably slushy to me (since I don't believe in it and therefore refused to see the Pixie). As for the cheese incident - POOR YOU! I don't feel sorry for BB, IMO he deserves to feel bad for once!

Hope you are feeling better today - have you been able to go to work?

Your pasta thing actually sounds really really yummy. Mmmmm.

Hope you have a good day today and you're less itchy x

Feeling much better now people. It wasn't bad enough to need to take time off work, but it was annoying!!!
I think I will be fine tomorrow. AND Hannah will be pleased to hear that Biker is taking me out to apologise for trying to kill me :p

I would say, on a general basis, he probably does more of the cooking than I do, but in all fairness that's because he gets slightly scared of the diet-modifications kicking in and finding mashed potato in a cake recipe or something.. And he doesn't buy into the whole "ready meal" thing, he says he has never had one.... So I am very lucky in that aspect. And we all know he points things for me :D

ACK I bought a bit of lamb earlier.. Just pointed it and its 12 pp.... :|

I have done nothing but eat for 2 weeks. Tomorrow, I'm back on it. Serious this time. Have to have to have to ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back