Jennys Weight loss Diary~ Aim to loose 35.5lbs ...13lbs to go !!

jennybeth79

Silver Member
so ive done
weight watchers
slimmingworld
rosemary conley
slim fast
lipotrim
exante
tony ferguson
atkins
celeb slim

I cant take any more HELP SERIOUSLY HELP IM OVER 21st again I HATE MYSELF AND I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT TO TRY NEXT

Last edited:
ive changed my pic to reflect what i truely look like chins and all

Hello, aww, dont say that....but I can relate i attempted alot of those diets and more and none of them worked for me in the past. Personally, i think a person has to be ready to lose weight and have the right frame of mind. Also I think if you can't stick to this diets maybe you should try healthy eating. This means you choose what you want or will enjoy but its healthy and good for you and exercise plus water. Unless you want to lose weight for yourself it will never come off and stay off.

All the diets youve tried WILL work if you stick to them. So you need to look at what stops you sticking to them and what way to go next.

As you know a VLCD will work fastest, but theyre the hardest. Others work slower but you have the advantage of eating plenty.

But before ANY diet can work you really do need to be in the right mindset

Hi Jenny

Don't hate yourself, you may be unhappy with your current weight but I'm sure there are lots of wonderful things about you.

Personally, I love Slimming World as its just normal eating but as others have said, you need to get your head in the zone for any diet to be a sucess.

Godo luck!

I can feel your despair and unhappiness. Whilst I can't say I've tried all those diets, I know the feeling of feeling so down about my weight that I dont know what to do, and can't see any way of ever losing the weight. It's one if the worst feelings in the world, but you can turn things around. I don't profess to have all the answers, if I did, I wouldn't have reached 26st! What i can say, from my own experience is that you have to be absolutely commited to losing the weight, that means in a choice between an unhealthy meal and losing weight , 95% of the time losing weight will win. I don't think it matters which diet you choose, as long as you commit to it. For me, as I needed a change of lifestyle and to learn how to eat healthily for the rest of my life, I feel I have to follow a calorie controlled healthy eating plan. Whilst it may not be the quickest, every day I learn a little more about being healthy in a way I can sustain forever.

If I can do this, you can too. You just have to believe that you are going to reach your goal and take one day at a time. This is the most amazing site for support and encouragement, and keeping a daily diary on here is also a way of tracking your feeling as well as your daily food intake. It's helped me to work through so much emotional baggage around my food issues. Things I would have had any idea about before I embarked on my journey.

Please don't despair, as my grandad used to say ' where there's a will, there's a way' and once you find your will, I think you'll find your way.

All the best, I'd love to see you start a daily diary and help you along your way x

oh honey. why not set yourself a calorie limit and that way you can moderate yourself without being on a specific 'diet'. however i do agree that something is preventing you from sticking with things. good luck :)

abz xx

thanks for all your help. I know i am a pain. I got to last night and just posted in complete despair. I just cant seem to get over how much weight I had lost last year and how much I seem to have destroyed it now (for those who dont know I got to 17st last yr from 21st). I feel right back at the begining but worse as I have put the weight back on in different places than before so now it is mainly on my arms again and tummy.

I had a miscarriage in may and although I was only pregnant for a few weeks my stomach just seemed to jump out and has left me still looking pregnant. Apparently its because ur muscles cant take it once you are on a 4th pregnancy.

Each time I try to do the lower cals or the low carb diets i end up so ill. blurred vison, echoey sounds, slurred speech I think its coz I am insulin resistant so my body as low blood sugar naturally and the low cals and low carbs drop even further.

I dont want to sound like im making constant excuses and I know I just need to get with something and stick with it. I just really want it to just go away and I know lifes not like that but im an alien in my own body and I just want to be who I was last year.

Hi Jenny,

Really sorry to hear you are so down.

Have you thought about speaking to your GP or practice nurse? They may be able to refer you to nutritionist who can help you plan meals and some authorities even organise activity sessions so you can work out.

You get the encouragement and they teach you about healthy balanced eating from the very basics.

I would personally recommend booking an appointment to speak to someone and hopefully they can point you in the right direction.

Best of luck Jenny

Im too ashamed to go back the doctors i was much lighter last time i asked for help to loose weight...

all it does is highlight that you need help honey. if you think they can help and if you think part of the problem is insulin resistance then they are probably the best folk to go to :)

Hi Jenny,

I know all too well that feeling of shame when visiting the doctors. I'd even try and get out of going when i REALLY was ill because i knew he'd ask me to jump on the scales and we'd have "the chat".

However, I'm sure your doctor will appreciate that you are being proactive, and whatever he recommended first time round didn't work so you can try something new.

Another idea, do you have any friends or family that are also trying to lose weight? Perhaps you could all do it together and that way you have a bit more support and a lot of the time that competitive instinct sets in too. Perhaps you could arrange to go for a walk a few times a week.

One of my work colleagues does this and even when she feels like not going, she doesn't want to let the other person down which gives her the kick.

Hope you find something that is right for you Jenny.

Best wishes

the dr originally put me on metformin to try and help but ive not been taking it.. its almost as if i dont want to loose weight. I was so convienced it was the coil putting weight on me even though my dr said it wasnt she eventually said I might believe i can loose weighwit if she took it out. ive just got bigger ever since. I think basically when I lost the baby I lost the will to care and now iv woken up trapped inside an exstremely yucky body

Hi Jenny,

I think you need to sit down and write out exactly why it is you want to lose weight. Is it simply to look better? Is it because you scared of all the diseases associated with obesity and the chance of a reduced life expectancy?

Ultimately, it is only YOU that can lose this weight and you will only be able to do this when you're in the right state of mind, which is why writing out your thoughts may help.

Why not also try to write down a list of things you'd like to acheive by the end of next year? For example, lose x amount of weight by my birthday, be able to walk xamount of miles, do a race for life walk etc.

Best of luck

NO dont worry Im not starting Jenny Craig..... this is the new jenny hill diet...

Its a cross between rosemary conley and weight watchers microwave meals from Iceland ( other supermarket chains also available lol )
So for this week to kick me off my aim is to stay as close to 1200 cals but if I go more not to worry I will try to keep it as near as possible. Plan is to keep this going for aweek and maybe 2 if I follow the RC principles....

Today has been a good day..

Breakfast special K and semi milk, lunch Subway had a veggie delight foot long on Wheat asked them to scoop out most of the bread centre ( odd request but I saw it on biggest loser on sky) no cheese and no mayo but was delicious I had some quavers and a diet coke. Came home and had surprise inlaw visit they didnt go home till 8pm my norm at that point wud be to panic and go chippy to feed the kids and self asap but no I made scrammbled egg on toast for the kids and I have had ww spag bol with ww apple crumble and apro soya custard pot yum yum
total cals for day 1265 :)

all in all a good day...aim for tomorrow improve fruit and veg intake and fluid intake
also to try and do excercise ...

Hi Jenny!

I'm really made up for you! Well done on a first great day and keep up the great work!

I saw the subway thing on biggest loser too, i told my mum about it lol.

Best of luck Jenny and keep posting!

I've found you Jen :wavey: and a big :hug99:from me. It is awful when you feel that low and full of dispair so I am really pleased that you seem to have found your way again :D

I've read all the replies to your post and there is some fab advice there. I agree your head has to be in the right place and if you really want to lose weight you can and will. I think it is very telling that you said that after you lost the baby you lost the will to care, I do hope you have found this again as you are so worth taking care of.

Well done for devising your Jenny plan I shall be keeping a close eye to see how you get on. Have a good week Jen :D

As of today I have a freezer full of WW micro meals and fridge full of fruit and salad so this week I have no reason to be naughty. So hospital shift tiredness will be no excuse for cant be bothered take aways ... working a double shift at wkend too so less time to get distracted .... I avoided the tins of chocs and cakes in work last friday so I can do this... Im also not doing the toast thing Im taking fruit ....hospitals are suppose to be healthy places lol

Jenny, so happy to see youre in a better place and you've taken a postive step forward and chosen a healthy eating plan you can sustain. You can do this hun, I know you can! To get through the struggles you have had thus far takes masses of inner strength and to have made such a brave step forward shoes real courage.

I hope you have a good day tomorrow and don't forget if you ever need to chat you have lots of support available to you here. We are all with you on your journey hun x

So today again has been good... no naughty work food got me

special k and semi milk
prawn sandwich
fruit salad
ww beef caserole
pack of steam veg
ww chocolate mouse

very small banana
daa daaaarrrrrrr

Total cals 1133
so still got a few cals if I want them but so far im thinking im ok

Get this while taking my son for his swimming lesson I went swimming myself hehehehe shock horror me I did 30 mins excercise and I got in my swimming costume.....

Back