Jen's Diary - 3lb down :)

Hi, have just been out for dinner, turkey and all trimmings,loads of bread and butter was lovely but it has left me feeling ill!....tomorrow going out for another xmas dinner...some italian, then next week out for another xmas dinner....I am beginning to resent going out! Dont want to be a party pooper and because I have different schools nights out dont want to say no to anyone. I am trying to pick the healthy option, tonight I went for a courgette stuffed with vegies for a starter and it was draped in butter! lol!!
I dont want to become obsessed with Weight Watcher but feel so out of control just now and I hate it!! I want to say no to all the nights out and eat my own food but that would be so rude. I am actually beginning to feel ill cause I know there is noway I can keep within my points! I feel out of control, stressed and am not even enjoying rhe food when I am out! I know there is no real solution to this and will try to do more of the wii to get my activity points up to compensate, but just wanted to share my feelings with you all!
On a positive the snow is falling fast in Scotland!! Yippee!!

Hey Jen, I kind of feel the same. I almost pulled out of my girly night out on Saturday because I am stressing about points but instead I made an excuse to turn up late (after they have eaten) just so I can feel I am in control and have a good night. It's good we take things so seriously but sometimes you have to wonder if we are too serious. I'm actually looking forward to geting to the New Year and starting again :D

Jen, go on your nights out but just prepare beforehand.

I travel a lot with my work and take recipes to hotels (with things that I reckon they will have the ingredients for) and ask them to make the dish I want....

You can be quite specific with restaurants - or give the chef a challenge - can you make something containing x, y, z with no fat, butter, cream etc etc.... they tend to come up with something really nice (remember to ask them how much they will charge for it though as you could get a shock)

If its a set menu, again just ask for them to make it with no butter and all that horrid stuff that sabotages us big time - if they are making the food fresh, then it should not be an issue...if not, then tell them off for being right old cheapskates.

Be a pain - you are the paying customer!

Rosie x

sorry to hear you're down about going out - just think though, its only a couple of weeks and you will be back in no time. If you know you are going out, just try and have a light breakfast and lunch and then choose wisely for the rest - you might be surprised when you hit the scales on sunday! :)

hope you've cheered up :) x

cheer up chick, 2wks today its all over.lol.

Hi Jen

I tried to do the same and ignore the parties etc but in the end I'm going (tonight first xmas do). I'm getting all philosophical about it. I have lots to loose yet, don't want to stuff up what I've done but with a bit of control could do both i.e. go out and limit damage, restart in full flow after new year. It is what 'normal' people do all the time around celebrations, the reason I'm fat is that I just kept on indulging so I need to learn those 'normal' lessons or else when goal appears and I relax then straight back up I go.

Join me in a little light control and some indulgence we are so worth it!!!!

M (sanctimonious or what)

Ah thats so nice to hear that others go through the same thing! I was beginning to feel like a complete weight watcher mental case! I know its only a couple of weeks but I love christmas so much and usually love going out for meals and things so even I am shocked at my reaction!! lol!
I guess its just because for the first time in my life I am losing weight, people are making comments and I feel good! So feel totally resent not having success on my Sunday weigh in! lol! I seem to get a sort of high when I lose weight and I am not sure if this is healthy!!

hey jen hun .... *big hugz* misses u so deserve to go out and enjoy urself have a meal and relax loosing weight is a life long journey and it will still continue in the new year if thats what u choose but if ur really adament and want to keep up ur great focus then u could have a couple of options
a) save up 4 points a day and/or gain urself some activity points i found this helped me and i made a small loss ... ull feel still in control but relaxed enough to enjoy ur meal..

b) skip the starters and desert and enjoy urself a nice meal - go for plenty of lean meat and veg and hold the sauses might not be as tasty as to what u were wanting but if it makes u feel better its worth it surley

c) or have ur own meal at home and join them for drinks (thats when the best crack starts anyway) and ull not feel u have missed out on anything!

its christmas and happens once a year darling dnt be getting urself down about it rememeber its ur body and ur in control and only u can make the option u take.. whatever one it is its right for u at the time

xx

p.s dont know if u have seen a thread on here about diet girl and her blog i have started reading it from the start and these are the same situations she comes across u should give it a read if u havent started already its really funny but motivating *big hugz* xx

Thanks Emma, that is such a lovely post and great tips too!! I am only going to have spag bol tonight cause that is about 12 points, only drink diet coke and try to enjoy myself! I was thinking of doing weekly points for the week but does that mean that you can have hardly any points one day and carry them all through as its the weekly total that counts??? I am not sure, seems a bit strange! I should perhaps talk to Lydia....
Anyway, I can not thank you all enough for your support. I feel a bit better knowing that you are all suffering too!! ha ha!! This is so not me!! I am a LOVER of food, eating out is one of my all time fav hobbies! lol!! I cant believe the change in me due to WW! Its fab!
Have ordered that book Emma but its still not arrived! been about 2 weeks now since it was ordered! Hopefully it will arrive just as school stops so I can read it over the xmas holidays with some carrot sticks!! lol!!

Last edited:
lolol glad to see ur feeling a bit better and good choice on the spag bol!! I tink the reason behind weekly points is that it actually takes a body a full week to adjust to any weight changes so if u spread them out over the week it works out the same as if u were to eat the same number every day ive never tried this though so i dunno if it works as well! Have u read her blog online i havent ordered the book yet but tink i might after i read her online blog it goes right back to day one and its fantastic!

whatever u choose to do hun enjoy ur decision theres always the borng jan feb march months that not much is on and temptation is out of the way! x

you mean Lydia lol! :p and yes, as long as you dont go over your weekly total, you can have as many one day as you like, as long as you cut down to make room for it the next.. if that makes sense :)

have you seen the "wendie plan" on Noreen's site? I assume that is pretty much the same principle - Americans use the weekly points system so i cant see why it wouldnt work for us.

have a nice time out anyway - spaghetti bolognese sounds lovely - thats something i would choose as pasta is really filling so less likely to want dessert! :)

havent heard anything on the man front lately.. have you seen him anymore? x

Evan is fine, he sent another bunch of flowers to the school to cheer me up which was sweet! we are going to go to the cinema instead of out for dinner this weekend tho!
I am not really a dessert fan to be honest, would much rather have 4 sides (chips,onion rings, garlic bread and coleslaw) lol!

that sounds like a good plan - hope you have a nice time :D and oh yes, i would prefer onion rings to pudding too..

mmm really fancy some now! :p

I really want to go and see 4 christmas's...i think its called that...looks quite funny. He quite likes the chick flicks which is good! Shall flutter my eyelashes so I get my way! lol :) Not actually sure if its even out yet...sure there will be something good on and cheesy on! Got to have the cheese factor! lol

four christmases is deffo out so dont you worry :) have a nice time! xxx

Sorry you're feeling down Jen! You've worked really hard and you deserve these nights out - christmas only comes once a year and should be lived to the full - no bah humbugs! Just enjoy yourself, drink lots of water with your meal to fill you up, don't go too stupid, and up the exercise to hopefully combat any over-indulgences. Worry about any little gains come the new year. Take care and hope you have a lovely weekend - when do you break up? :) xxx

Back