Jen's Diary - 3lb down :)

smilerjen

Has the power of the horn
Hey everyone,
I am Jen from Glasgow! Not posted on here before so thought I should say hi first!
I have been on WW for 5 weeks now and normally lose about 2 to 3lb a week. This week i only lost 1lb. I know it is still a loss and I should be pleased but I'm so depressed!! I gave up cheese cake during the week for an apple for goodness sake!! LOL
My period started yesterday, could that have something to do with it? Or am I clutching at straws?
Any motivation would be gratefully appreciated!
J x

Hi Jen and welcome. Your period probably did have something to do with it, but well done on the loss hun x x

Hi Cheryl,
Thanks for the reply! Thats wonderful that you lost 8 stone! You must have some amout of will power! I managed cambridge for about a week! lol Was totally rubbish!
Hopefully next week I will lose more, just having the sunday blues! Thought I had done well this week and it turns out to be my lowest loss! :(
Thanks again
J x

Started at 17stone2lb. After 4weeks was down to 16st. Now I am 15 stone 13! Want to lose about another 6 stone! I think the ole time of the month is making me more emotional about the whole weight loss thing that I need to be! 1lb is great! I could have put on 5lb! lol! Must have a PMA!! :)

Welcome to Minimins :)

1lb isnt unusual on WW, your loss so far has been above the average so well done!! 1 - 2lbs is the guestimate WW give so 1lb is fine :)

Ah thank you! I am loving WW, its so easy! Loving Tesco too! Its so good they point all their healthy option stuff!! Shall stick at this and hopefully be at 14 stone by Christmas! :)
I find it so hard to drink 3 litres of water everyday tho!!

I normally only manage about 2 litres a day, although not everyday. I drink tea too and the occassional diet coke too. How much should you drink?
Does it make a big difference?

Drinking water makes NO difference to weight loss when youre doing WW. It might stop you eating or make you feel healthier but it wont speed things up. Theres a common misconception among a lot of people, particularly those who do VLCDs that 'the more you drink the more you shrink' which is absolutely completely and utterly untrue, but it still doesnt stop them drinking ridiculous amounts of water.

You should be drinking around 2litres of FLUIDS a day that includes tea, coffee, juice, water. Bear in mind you also get several litres of fluid naturally from food.

Oh really? That makes me feel better! I have been forcing myself to drink it! Will be adding my sugar free diltuting juice in future too!!

From sunny summerston. Not going to classes just do it online. My wee dog and I have a way in party on a Sunday together! lol! Its all very sad! hee hee!! Was thinking about going to classes instead cause I was worried I would just cheat online but I have been amazed at my will power! Think its cause WW is so great and easy! If my willpower starts to go tho i will go to classes instead.
J x

Hi Jen and welcome. You've had a fab loss so far, well done. It's more than likely that your TOTM may have slowed down your weight loss but as Starlight says, 1-2 lb per week is to be expected so you're doing very well x

Ah thank you very much! you are all so encouraging!! oh you are my WW neighbour Starlight! My friend used to work at Saracen Primary School! I am a primary teacher too, told the kids I was starting WW and so everyday I get wee cards saying how slim I am looking!! ha ha!! Have the best job ever!! lol!
Does anyone know why carrots are 0 points raw but 1point per cup cooked?? Was someone pulling my leg with that one? I did believe for years that gullible wasnt in the dictionary! :|

Carrots are 0 points regardless of whether they are raw or cooked :)

Unless you fried them of course, but it's not a particularly common cooking methods for carrots ;)

Hey everyone,
I am Jen from Glasgow! Not posted on here before so thought I should say hi first!
I have been on WW for 5 weeks now and normally lose about 2 to 3lb a week. This week i only lost 1lb. I know it is still a loss and I should be pleased but I'm so depressed!! I gave up cheese cake during the week for an apple for goodness sake!! LOL
My period started yesterday, could that have something to do with it? Or am I clutching at straws?
Any motivation would be gratefully appreciated!
J x

I used to gain 6lb during TOTM lost it the next week but it became a vicious circle for me and I got so fed up as I never made any head way, but at least you lost keep it up...xx

Thats true, must stay positive! :) I have been trying to get my picture up but cant do it! Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Back