Jen's Green and EE diary :) Closed...new diary has been made!

Did a sponsored abseil today so had a kit kat to celebrate (memory tells me they're 5.5)

Breakfast/lunch
Boiled egg and 1 tbsp of tomato ketchup (1 syn).

Dinner
SW Spag bol and 40g of healthy choice garlic bread-9syns.

Have gone half a syn over oops! Need to have very few syns tomo and next day (food wise) as I'm going out tomorrow night for lots of vodka

After two horrific days I'm back on track.

Wasn't awake on time for brekkie (the beauty of being a teacher and having looong ass holidays :) )

Lunch
I went out with friends and had a small freak out this morning about eating out again, my friends were very good and let me dictate the restaurant so I had baked potato and beans. I know I didn't get my 1/3 superfree but this was the best option on the menu!

Dinner
Syn free stir fry (def my fave slimming world meal).

Have also had a few strawberries throughout the day!

No syns that I'm aware of today! Yay...that should help make up for the 12783617246817 syns I had on Monday and Tuesday lol!

Going shopping with friends tomorrow so will be eating out again, it's definitely easier to control SW when you're working lol!

it differs per individual, some people find a excess syn day once in a while actually speeds their loss

it differs per individual, some people find a excess syn day once in a while actually speeds their loss

Oh lets hope that's me, however mine wasn't excess...it was uncountable haha!

Breakfast
1 apple, some strawberries and grapes.

Lunch
Will probably end up being a baked potato and beans as I'm out again today!

Dinner.
Can't decide between SW spag bol or stir fry again. I don't want to have any synful dinners until after weigh in this week...trying to do some damage control!

Looking at your food diary reminds me of when I started, it's taken me a long time to get used to using my hexa and b's but they do make your diet more healthy and you do need all food groups to lose weight properly... If you are not an early morning person try the fibre plus bars or alpen light bars, that wat you can get your hexb without the faff of cearals have them with a glass of milk and bingo breakfast sorted...

Oh my god your weight loss is amazing!! i'm sorry, I haven't read your whole diary, just the first two pages, roughly how many syns are you having a week? Keep going!

Hey SleepytimeSadie and Poppyinpink, thanks for popping in. Using my HEX's is definitely what I struggle with the most, I occasionally have weetabix which covers both of them but as I've said it's not something I enjoy, similarly the alpen bars are 'ok' but I'm literally eating them for the sake of it, and just to continue being a massive pain in the backside...I don't like milk unless it's on weetabix haha! I'm such a fussy eater, and to be honest I think that's where my weight problems initially stem from. As a child I literally liked chips, I literally would eat nothing else which looking back on is ridiculous as if I was hungry enough I would have eaten (I sort of hold my mum accountable for this, however she was a single working mum so I get rather than spend time arguing with me, she did what was easiest). Poppy, I don't keep track of my syns on a weekly basis but if you flick back through my diary I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult to work out an average...in saying that A LOT of people would say that I'm not following the plan properly (HEA's and B's) so I really wouldn't look to my food diary for advice. I use it mostly to try and keep myself on track, so that if I have a rubbish/good week I have something to reflect on.

Feeling rather down about my weight today and I genuinely don't know why!?

Maybe because with being off work it's been incredibly hard to stay to plan, with lunching with friends etc. Granted my 2 horrific days were nothing to do with being off work, it was just something I'd wanted to do...and enjoyed at the time but I'm so determined to lose weight this time that I keep looking back and thinking 'ugh'. Hindsight is 20:20

In saying that I'm not going to let it derail my food choices, for lunch I had a baked potato, beans and chicken with a side salad of lettuce, peppers and onion. Probably not 1/3 superfree but decent enough. I'm actually stuffed now though and genuinely don't think I'll be able to manage a 'full' dinner.

Eeek! Don't know what to have, I was thinking a mugshot but since they are syn free but aren't superfree I'm thinking I probably shouldn't.

Ok, I had a small stir fry for dinner instead of the mugshot simply because I thought it would be better to have a meal full of superfree as opposed to a mugshot which doesn't. Does this sound reasonable?

Also, I'm now pissed off. God I must sound like such a moan. A friend of mine is also trying to lose weight, she has turned to an alternative plan to sw but when we started I asked her NOT to tell anyone I was trying to lose weight simply because if I don't, or if there's no difference then people aren't thinking WTF?

Today I got a text from another friend saying 'I hear you've lost over a stone'. I'm so cross as now I know that regardless of whether my friend who text actually thinks I've lost weight, the next time she sees me she'll say 'you look like you've lost weight' and it will mean nothing to me. I wish she wouldn't say, I want people to make their own mind up. I'm finding it hard enough to believe people who have said it already and think they have either been talking to my mum or my friend!

Anyone else have this problem or am I officially mental??

Well done on the stir fry...xx Have a good Easter, I won't be on properly over the weekend am working both at the pub at Js so won't have much playtime... Keep up the good work...x

Hmm I'm thinking I may have to cut omelettes out of my 'diet' (in the what I eat sense as opposed to the weight loss sense). I think I've developed some form of sensitivity to eggs ?!!?! Over the past few weeks after any meal containing eggs my stomach has been uneasy. Think I'm going to give them a miss. :(

Also, for dinner I did have SW Spag bol, probably the best I've made it so far...just call me Delia. Had a frozen muller light for afters, wanted a wee treat :)

I did the 1st day of the 30 day shred this evening, I have never wished for death more than during those 20 minutes of hell...I am SO unfit and really think I'll struggle with the motivation to keep doing it! Eeek! Best get my cross trainer fixed as I enjoy it a lot more.

For tomorrow I'm thinking......

Fruit for breakfast- 1 slice of melon, an apple and some strawberries.

Lunch-Not sure yet, need to raid the lunch thread and try to find something that I could make with the ingredients I have in the house.

Dinner-You guessed it, SW stir fry.
Really need to stick 100% to plan tomorrow as weigh in is on Sunday!

Last edited:
Ok, so somehow I found the motivation to do day 2 of the 30 day shred :) I hate every second of it (never have been an exercise fan) but I feel proud of myself for doing it. Hopefully I can stick to it.

Breakfast.
1 slice of melon, 1 apple, grapes and some strawberries.

Lunch.
Small serving of SW Spag bol, measured my pasta which I know is not part of EE but it helps me feel in control, otherwise I'd just eat and eat and eat.

Dinner
Definitely going to be stir fry, my family get a chinese on a Saturday night so this is my version of a chinese :) I really need to find where to buy creamed sweetcorn (Tesco down the road from me, the biggest in Northern Ireland...DOESN'T have it), as I want to make chicken and sweetcorn soup (chinese style).

Other positive news, I ordered a dress a few days ago for a friends wedding in a size 14. Before SW I always ordered dresses in a 16, I blamed the fact I have pretty massive boobs but it's obviously not just that. My size 14 arrived today and it's made of very clingy material, it actually looks nice :) The only lump/bumps it clings to are my chest and bum and I don't mind that :) Actually excited about the wedding now as I have something nice to wear :)

Thought I was being clever by putting garlic in my stir fry-I am NOT clever. It did not give it a pleasant taste. I only put in one wee tiny clove and the taste of garlic was overpowering. Lesson learned.

Just told my mum that for dinner tomorrow I want fry light roast potatoes, she told me I need to make my own. I'm 23 and live at home, I'm the MOST undomesticated person ever...any advice on how to do this???

really easy, parboil potatoes (cut into halves or quarters depending on size) for about 10 mins, pour out the water, steam them off and shake them a bit to get a bit of texture on the potato, give a good spray with frylight and stick in the over for about 40 mins or until they look done. i usually add some garlic and dry herbs to give extra flavour

For the first time since starting SW I am absolutely STARVING. So far this morning I've had an apple, 1 slice of melon, 7 strawberries and a pile of grapes. Part of me thinks it's because I can smell the delicious Easter dinner cooking and my mother is witholding it from us until THREE pm! THREE! I'll be dead by three (probably not but I enjoy exaggerating :))

Ok, for my own benefit. For lunch I had half a slice of white bread, veg soup, melon, turkey, ham, stuffing, carrot, parsnip, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, 2 small roast potato (made from goose fat....mum forgot to fry light mine but they were tasty!) and a wee bit of bacon! I'm actually stuffed to bursting point! I probably should have stopped sooner but it's a treat!

Back