Jen's Green and EE diary :) Closed...new diary has been made!

Hey, I have been reading through yr diary! Well done on losses so far! Keep it up! xx

Good for you on the stir fry lunch! I always crave fry ups when I sleep in. How come your cod is 10 syns?

It's a battered fillet from tesco, really must have had a massive lunch though because the idea of eating anytime soon is turning me, stuffed!

Maybe I'll try a toastie using my hea and b later on if I'm peckish

Edit: Just had my first SW friendly toastie. 2 small slices of brown bread and light cheese-HeA and B DONE.

I know I'm meant to have a 1/3 superfree with everything but in this case eating sf would have made me eat more than I actually needed.

Last edited:
Ok meant to say, total syns for today = 0. I'd love a kit kat but I need a little help with the following first to decide if I can/if it's worth it.

According to my 'searching' of my pdf's it says....
From an Indian takeaway (it doesn't have chicken curry for the chinese takeaway) is 11.5syns per serving. How much is a serving? The tub of chicken curry that they serve you?

It also says that a portion of fried rice (again, no weight listed) is 4 syns. Therefore having a takeaway for me would only be 15.5syns which wouldn't be too bad, given that I usually come in under syns unless I have a night out?!

Really would love someone to check this? As in, have I looked up the information correctly?

it says average portion so go with whatever you want... as long as you don't have one every night the odd takeaway wont do any harm... SW is about fitting in with life and a healthy diet includes the odd 'naughty' takeaway

remember boiled rice is free so with fried rice 4 syns for the oil isnt bad

Breakfast
Apple
Grapes

Snack
Banana

Lunch
2 slices of brown bread, low fat cheese and ham-hea and heb. I am becoming obsessed with this. It's SO yum!

Dinner
Stir fry veg with chicken and noodles

Snack to up synage
1 kit Kat- 5.5 syns.

SF Snack
Strawberries.

Total Syns-5.5
---------------------------
Think I've had a good day, I know lunch could probably do with more superfree but it's the only way I'm enjoying getting my HEA and HEB in so I'm going to stick with it and if it wreaks havoc on my weight loss this weekend I'll change things up.

Plan so far for tomorrow...
Breakfast
I definitely need to get up earlier but planning on melon and some strawberries.

Lunch
You guessed it, SW Cheese toastie (as previous two days) HEA and HEB.
Banana
Apple

Dinner
SW Spag bol with 7/8 syns worth of garlic bread or if I'm feeling adventurous and have time I may make one of my new recipe finds!
-------------------
As always, any advice is MUCH appreciated.

Last edited:
Breakfast
2 big slices of melon.

Snack
Apple

Lunch
Wholemeal toastie with low fat cheese and ham. HEA and HEB.
Apple.

Dinner
Stir fry-chicken, sweetcorn, peppers, onions, mushrooms and courgette.

No syns today as yet. Will see what I can come up with later.

Edit: Ok, so I had a muller light again as I have an incredibly sore throat...I was going to have chocolate but I needed something to soothe my throat.

Question for you pro's, do you make sure you have some syns even if you're not hungry? I don't want to go too low in syns incase it slows my losses later on but I genuinely wasn't very hungry when I had the muller light! Ahhh!

Last edited:
Breakfast
Apple

Snack
Apple

Lunch
HEA and HEB-Wholemeal cheese Toastie with ham

Dinner
Stir fry.

No syns, I was considering tucking in to a big bottle of black tower later but I don't want to spend syns on it...I'd probably rather save it for food...in saying that it's only 2 days until weigh in. Decisions, decisions.

Struggling at the minute to convince myself to use syns. Really need to get my head out of my a$$ and fully embrace the plan.

Breakfast
Grapes-I actually think I need to stop buying them, I've eating a bunch in a day...not good.

Lunch
Spag bol...I added extra mushroom and garlic to the frozen portion that I had saved. My problem at the minute is, I feel guilty for having spag bol for lunch? Like I shouldn't be having such a big meal at lunch time? Agh!

Dinner
I'm HOPING I'm not very hungry at tea time being that it's weigh in tomorrow morning but I'm going to aim for a stir fry with prawns and I'm going to try my DAMNDEST to not have noodles in it.

Woooohooo! Managed a loss of 2.25lbs this week taking me to 10st and 13lbs. SO happy. Really hope I can continue as I have been doing :)

I genuinely think I was 17 the last time I saw the 10's and that was because I had gallstones, couldn't eat and had to have my gallbladder removed...that was 7 years ago :)

It's motivated me to keep going :)

In saying that I AM going to treat myself today and I'm NOT going to feel guilty of it.
I'm having a chicken curry and fried rice tonight from the chinese, SW says it's 15.5 syns but they don't provide weights so to air on the side of caution I'm going to class mine as 25 syns. It SHOULDN'T be a problem given that I don't tend to use all my syns during the week and I feel I deserve a treat...first chinese in 8 weeks which is pretty impressive given that I used to have 2 a week plus probably an indian!

Woo hoo for the loss xxx enjoy yr treat!! Cxx

Thanks Cai :)

Went back to bed after my weigh in (treat number 1 of the day) then being the serial weigher that I am I got up, straight on the scales and was a pound and a half lighter haha! Not even that can annoy me today...smiling :D

Breakfast went out the window as I'm a lazy beggar sooo...
I've had an apple so far, after I've dried my hair I'm gonna have some strawberries and then lunch shall be ready.

Lunch
Homemade vegetable soup, 1 possibly 2 bowls with a slice of wholemeal bread (HEB). No syns, all that it includes is a chicken oxo cube and then veg :D Mummy dear doesn't even add salt, the wee gem.

Dinner
A big dirty chicken curry and fried rice from the chinese, boy am I excited!

Last edited:
Have just had the 25syn worth curry that I've been waiting 8 weeks for and whilst I enjoyed it and made sure I ate it all (as it will be a good while until I have another one) I have to say it's not as amazing as I remember. It was yum, for sure, but it wasn't as good as I used to think...definitely not worth 2 a week. I think I could happily have one once every two months.

Now to work like a biatch for the rest of the week to get rid of the excess syns :D

Edit: 40 minutes since I've eaten the curry and I'm doing EXACTLY what I swore I wouldn't, I'm panicking and feeling MEGA guilty. Ahhh! I know I'm going to end up having a VERY VERY low syn week because of it!

Last edited:
Back