Jen's Green and EE diary :) Closed...new diary has been made!

Ok, I'm still laying in bed at 11.31am so breakfast is out of the question. The plan for today....

Lunch.
1, possibly 2 (if I'm still hungry) bowls of home made vegetable soup. Made from a whole pile of veg and oxo chicken stock cubes so it's free and packed with superfree! YAY!

Dinner
I want SW Spag bol and a slice of garlic bread so bad (4syns) but I'm totally paranoid about ballsing up my syns this week with having such a massive Easter dinner yesterday and having a wedding meal and God knows how many drinks on Friday! It may end up being old faithful...stir fry lol!

Edit:Have had lunch-I had 1 bowl of veg soup. Was still hungry afterwards so had a small bowl of carrots, parsnip, brussel sprouts and cauliflower. I know not all of that's superfree but I'm cool with it given that I usually would give in to chocolate and seeing that there are 23 easter eggs in my house I think it was a pretty good choice :)

Last edited:
Opted for the stir fry, so quick and easy to make plus I could have as much superfree as I wanted rather than sticking to the frozen portions of Spag bol that I have.

Had a snack a little before dinner of a banana.

Currently watching I used to be fat, I would very much like my own personal trainer (for free of course).

Edit: Ugh, went to bed too early and am now wide awake. Woke up and had some strawberries and an apple. Hopefully that will tide me over until bed time.

Last edited:
To those of you who keep up with my food diary I hope you're sitting down...it's only 10.32am and I have already managed my healthy extra A AND B! Woohoo!

Breakfast:
2 weetabix (HEB) and milk (HEA)

Lunch:
I'm thinking baked potato, heinz spaghetti and side salad.

Dinner:
SW spag bol and I'm as yet undecided on whether or not to use garlic bread (2 slices) for 7 syns simply because of the synful weekend ahead! Ahh! Maybe 1 slice?

To those of you who keep up with my food diary I hope you're sitting down...it's only 10.32am and I have already managed my healthy extra A AND B! Woohoo!

Breakfast:
2 weetabix (HEB) and milk (HEA)

Lunch:
I'm thinking baked potato, heinz spaghetti and side salad.

Dinner:
SW spag bol and I'm as yet undecided on whether or not to use garlic bread (2 slices) for 7 syns simply because of the synful weekend ahead! Ahh! Maybe 1 slice?

Good for you! I ahve the same problems getting all my hex's Have you considered in the future making your own garlic bread? The weight watchers baguettes are a hexB choice so you could use on of those with frylight garlic and herbs and it would be free!

Ooh that sounds good, however I haven't been organised enough this week to do anything out of the ordinary. What herbs do you use? That may be a daft question but I'm a culinary nightmare haha!

Ended up having 20g of garlic bread for dinner- 100g was 265cals so 53 cals for 20g and therefore roughly 3 syns for my portion? Not too bad :) Before SW I would have eaten most of a baguette so I have to say I'm pretty proud of myself with the restraint I'm showing lol!

As I've mentioned a million times Friday will probably throw me over my syns but I didn't want to go the whole week without any, simply because I don't want my body to get used to not having them. I don't know whether your body actually does that or not but it's one of the things that you 'hear', like your stomach shrinking, starvation mode etc.

Shall maybe have a frozen muller light this evening but we shall see!

For some reason today I'm quite paranoid about what I eat, I was hungry there and really wanted a muller light but convinced myself it was a bad choice and so had an apple and some strawberries, I know this is a better choice but I can't help thinking I'm being over cautious. Ahh. There are days I just wish I could turn my brain off.

tumblr_m24s2fQnfM1qzlrmro1_500.jpg

That was def showing done restraint! I do miss things like garlic bread n naan w my meals, but prefer to keep my syns for treats, everyone is different though! In my HEXb version of garlic bread I take a weight watchers petit pain, slice it from the top 4 times spray in dry light, add crushed garlic and either fresh basil or dried mixed herbs (but you could use dried thyme, basil or parsley) then wrap it in foil and bake in oven for 5 mins, then open the foil and brown the bread for 5 mins, it's yum!

It seems like a good choice to go for fruit instead of a mullerlight, I do eat them sometimes, but think it is better to have super free or free food like fat free plain yogurt instead. I was reading a thread about free vs syn free food and I think there is def something in it. Mullerlights are great snacks, but are full of flavour additives, sweetener and gelatin, so I think your choice was wise. But then again mullers are syn free so not a bad choice vs something with syns.

I think it is important to have syns, not so much because of your body going into starvation mode because you are eating I think it's just to keep your motivation up and also in the long run, when you near target you could then lower your syns for the final push. So I would try to eat around 10 a day that's what everyone says works best!

But from what I read you are well in track! Keep it up :)

Ah SW is doing my head in today as are the scales.

Got up this morning and tummy was feeling a bit funny so I really did NOT want breakfast (so I didn't have any). Got dressed and weighed myself when fully dressed on my house scales. It came up as 11 st 3lbs. I have been panicking the past few days about how accurate these are so I went to TESCO and used their weighing machine ten minutes later and it came up that I was 10stone 9.9lbs. I wish I hadn't bothered weighing myself now as I'm none the wiser about what I actually weigh. I know people tell me as long as the numbers are going down it's all good but I want a god damn precise figure to work with. So, that's annoying thing number one about today.

Two-I really want one of my little malteser bunnies (5syns) this evening and I'm trying to tell myself it's ok to have it but I know I'll go over my syns at the weekend and don't want to make matters worse. God damn social occasions. I'm actually excited about the next few quiet weekends just so that there's no alcohol. I know the simple answer would be 'don't drink' but when everyone else around you is...it's a)very hard not to b) very lonely as drunk people are annoying as hell when you're stone cold sober. I swear, I best look super hot at this wedding on Friday or there will be hell to pay (I hope you hear me SW God's)

Anyway, today's food diary.

Breakfast-None

Lunch-SW Sweetcorn pasta bake (I think I have had this in the freezer for too long as it was gross). 3syns.

Dinner: Sw stir fry-noodles, chicken, peppers, mushroom, courgette, sweetcorn, onion and mushroom. Soy sauce to flavour.

Snack: A million grapes and in order to have something 'sweet' I may have to indulge in a syn free muller light granted the guilt (which I know I shouldn't have) will probably kill me and I'll end up munching on a fooking apple.

Here endeth my rant.

Not going down without a fight. I'm going to absolutely STUFF myself with superfree.

Breakfast
1 Apple, 1 slice of melon and 5 strawberries.

Lunch shall be...
1 cod fillet and steamed veg (broccoli, carrots and cauliflower)

My only problem with this (any help would be very much appreciated) is that when I bought the cod fillets yesterday I
froze them all...now they're all stuck together. Any ideas on how the hell I get them apart without having to defrost them all?

Dinner
Chicken stir fry- no noodles today. At least I'm going to try and not have any noodles. Veg= peppers, mushroom, onion and courgette.

Not going down without a fight. I'm going to absolutely STUFF myself with superfree.

Breakfast
1 Apple, 1 slice of melon and 5 strawberries.

Lunch shall be...
1 cod fillet and steamed veg (broccoli, carrots and cauliflower)

My only problem with this (any help would be very much appreciated) is that when I bought the cod fillets yesterday I
froze them all...now they're all stuck together. Any ideas on how the hell I get them apart without having to defrost them all?

Dinner
Chicken stir fry- no noodles today. At least I'm going to try and not have any noodles. Veg= peppers, mushroom, onion and courgette.

Hmmmm I usually use a knife to wedge them apart, but sometimes the do break, so get in there well!

How about some brown rice with your stirfry? healthy and some carbs are good! ;) Also no HexA or B?

Oh def don't eat if you are not hungry, but try to get them incorporated into your meals. How about the cheese toastie as lunch instead of the cod, after your steamed veg or a salad?

You need calcium and certain fats to absorb minerals and vitamins from your superfree and the fiber from the B to keep your metabolism up and your bowels 'moving', variety is important in your diet (sorry for the lecture, did an undergrad in Biology - slimming world have it very well figured out!)

Oh dear God, I'm scared to update the past 2 days.
As I've mentioned at least 2000 times I was at a wedding yday meaning that as willpower is not something I possess I ate like a horse and drank like a fish. I'll try to roughly sum up what I had :S

Breakfast/Lunch-Half a pack of pasta n sauce.

Dinner-vegetable soup, a white bread roll (living dangerously), chicken, stuffing (God I LOVE stuffing), bacon, mash potato, carrots and peas. I RESISTED the roast potatoes....that was the only conscious attempt I made all day. I then proceeded to eat the icing of the top of a cupcake but left the cupcake...it was SO damn sugary, amazing but very sickening.

Drinks-This is where I sparkled. 5 glasses of rose wine and at least 10 vodkas. Oh dear.

THEN I topped off my excellent day by coming home and having a slice of pizza. The SW God's are going to crucify me tomorrow.

Today..better but not as SF full as it should be after yesterday.

10 strawberries, a strawberry and cranberry muller light, 2 apples and a chinese chicken style mugshot. Thinking some stir fry for dinner...mainly cause I can eat masses of it and the greater majority is sf.

Drinks

Line under it honey and start again that way you don't get into the I've blown it mindset... Best way... Don't beat yourself up over it honest...xx

All_about_the_climb said:
Nah, I'm cool with it. Though I'm weirdly looking forward to going back to work on Monday to get some routine back and to avoid partying like a mental case hehe! :)

Ah... mental cases of the world unite! I love a good party session... You are in good company...xx

Back