Jen's Green and EE diary :) Closed...new diary has been made!

Weighed in at 10st 5.75lbs this morning, creeping slowly but surely towards the line. Realistically I know my weightloss is going fine and I'm doing well but I want it to go faster...patience is a virtue I don't possess.

This week I'm determined to use my syns properly, as in 5-10 per day and to try and not feel guilty for using them. I'm not going to lie, I'm scared about doing it simply because I haven't really been using them properly since I started so I'm worried that the increase in 'calories' (I know SW does not require calorie counting to work) will slow me down. I'm going to try and push past it though as I know I need to to make sure it's a sustainable way of life for me.

Anyway, aiming for 100% week.

Today.
Breakfast
Shreddies and Semi Skimmed milk (HEA and HEB) with a banana on top. I've never actually mixed banana with cereal before but it was yum, I shall be doing it again :)

Lunch
Chilli with rice.

Snack
Some more rice, probably not a good idea but I'm out of superfree for snacking, need to go to Tesco tomorrow.

Dinner
Tesco battered cod fillet (10 syns), boiled veg (carrots, cauliflower and broccoli) and baked beans.

Post edited: Change of plans.

Last edited:
image-3233564836.jpg

Total syns for today = 10

Green day :)

Breakfast
Shreddies and Semi Skimmed Milk (HEA and HEB 1)

Lunch
Wholemeal bread, cheese and 1 slice of ham (HEA, HEB 2 and 2 syns)

Dinner
Baked potato, baked beans, broccoli, cauliflower and carrots.

Snacks
Apple
Grapes
Banana
Toffee muller light

Possibly will have a kit kat later At the moment, total syns = 2.

Also, had a nice moment this morning. I was walking my class to the library when a classroom assistant from a different class was walking towards me said 'good morning 'skinny', well done you!'
Now granted, I'm by NO means skinny but it was nice that she acknowledged my loss and brightened my day a little :)

Last edited:
Back to Extra Easy

Breakfast
Grapes
Apple

Lunch
Shreddies, semi skimmed milk and a banana (HEA and HEB)

Dinner
Chilli con carne with wholemeal pasta and 2 slices of garlic bread (9syns)

Snack
Strawberry and cranberry muller light

Check me out using my syns properly :) I feel so proud haha!

Last edited:
All_about_the_climb said:
Back to Extra Easy

Breakfast
Grapes
Apple

Lunch
Shreddies, semi skimmed milk and a banana (HEA and HEB)

Dinner
Chilli con carne with wholemeal pasta and 2 slices of garlic bread (9syns)

Snack
Strawberry and cranberry muller light

Check me out using my syns properly :) I feel so proud haha!

And so you should be...xx

Breakfast
Grapes

Snack
Apple

Lunch
Shreddies and a banana (hea and b), I'm actually OBSESSED with Shreddies. I genuinely think if you put a whole box in front of me I'd eat them all!

Dinner
Cod fillet (10 syns) mixed veg and beans.

Snacks
Apple
Grapes

Starting to worry about upping my syns this week but going to keep going until weigh in anyway!

My main concern is that my cod is listed as 270 cals so should be 14syns but (from what I can tell) I think I've looked accurately and sw is only listing it as 10 syns. Confusion strikes again!

Last edited:
Breakfast
Apple

Lunch
Shreddies, Semi Skimmed Milk (HEA and HEB) and a banana (I need to attend Shreddies anonymous, they're SO yum)

Dinner
Sw chilli (including carrots, onion, garlic, chilli and mushroom) and rice.

No syns as yet but I genuinely don't want anything?! (well at the moment). I'm going to the cinema later so may take some quavers with me.

Breakfast/Lunch (you gotta love a Saturday lie in...well after you initially wake up at 6am)
Some grapes.
Shreddies and semi skimmed milk (HEA and B) with a banana.

Dinner
Chilli (including carrots, mushroom, onions and chilli) and rice

Some carrot sticks in the fridge which I may have for snack. No plans for syns as yet but if I'm feeling peckish later I may have some garlic bread with my chilli.

Totally confused about what to do this week, I'm heading out for bday celebrations next Saturday night and I weigh in on Sunday. I will definitely use LOADS of syns on Saturday night...wine and food but I'm unsure if I should just save my weekly syns for Saturday or live like normal and have an off day?!? It appears before now I had the wrong definition of flexi syning!?

If I'm honest I'll probably panic and save 100 syns for Saturday...whether it pays off is another thing.

Anyways, in more positive news..I lost 3.75 lbs this week taking me to just 2lbs from target! YAY!

Today's food
Breakfast
Apple and Shreddies with semi skimmed milk (HEA and B)

Lunch
Probably SW chilli and rice

Dinner
Prawn stir fry.

That's the plan so far.

Totally confused about what to do this week, I'm heading out for bday celebrations next Saturday night and I weigh in on Sunday. I will definitely use LOADS of syns on Saturday night...wine and food but I'm unsure if I should just save my weekly syns for Saturday or live like normal and have an off day?!? It appears before now I had the wrong definition of flexi syning!?

If I'm honest I'll probably panic and save 100 syns for Saturday...whether it pays off is another thing.

Anyways, in more positive news..I lost 3.75 lbs this week taking me to just 2lbs from target! YAY!

Today's food
Breakfast
Apple and Shreddies with semi skimmed milk (HEA and B)

Lunch
Probably SW chilli and rice

Dinner
Prawn stir fry.

That's the plan so far.

You aren't really supposed to bank Syns but I have in the past, but that's just me... I find it doesn't hurt now and again to have a day off plan totally, so long as you go straight back on plan after... Be good before but have your Syns as you would normally... Have your day off enjoy then right back on board and you should be ok...

I think I'm going to try and stick to a low syn count everyday...probably having none on Thur, Fri and Sat and within 7 the rest of the week. I had totally misinterpreted flexi syning before now, thinking that it was when you saved/deprived syns either before or after the event.
I think actually using my syns helped me with a big loss this week so I don't want to completely shun them. The 9's are so close now, I just don't want a STS or gain. Going to keep my fingers crossed.

Can also add in to today's diary, I've had some grapes and a kit kat (5.5syns)

Haha they're my staples!

Really don't know what's wrong with me today, I'd a great loss this morning but still feeling really crap about my weight :( I'm annoyed at myself for eating my lunch and dinner which is beyond ridiculous! I need to get over it and thinking the sw way ASAP.

Last edited:
Haha they're my staples!

Really don't know what's wrong with me today, I'd a great loss this morning but still feeling really crap about my weight :( I'm annoyed at myself for eating my lunch and dinner which is beyond ridiculous! I need to get over it and thinking the sw way ASAP.

You shouldn't be so hard on yourself! Your choices are obviously really good, you had a great loss, which is really unique this close to target. Just follow the plan, it clearly works, look at your great losses. You need to eat, your body needs fuel, so do not feel guilty! Enjoy your meals and syns, and if you have a special occasion flexisyn it, and start again the next day. Stick to plan and you'll get to and stay on target. You can do it!!

Thanks for the support, I know what you're saying makes PERFECT sense and I know that I've done well but I can't stop thinking like I need less..it's not every day but every few days it hits me that I'm eating too much and need to stop. Again, I'm eating MUCH better than I was pre SW yet I'm freaking out about it now when I never cared before.

This morning I was literally SO happy when I stood on the scales and then as soon as I started to have my meals I felt meh. I'll be fine tomorrow it's just annoying me this afternoon/evening.

Wow Jen, amazing loss this week! Shame you're not feeling very positive tonight. Hopefully you'll be suitably proud of yourself in the morning :)

Think I need to use my syns better too - lets see what the scales say for me on Wednesday!

The weight you've lost and how quickly you've done it is massively inspiring chick! xx

Thanks Sarah (and Delta) for being so nice. I know I'm moaning when I really have no right to as I've been losing well and that's all that matters, I just don't know why I'm being such a gurn today.

Onwards and upwards, or downwards as the case will hopefully be. Think I'm going to end up saving syns this week, I know I shouldn't but I'll be in a major mood all week if I don't and will constantly panic.

Also think I'm going to have to stop having stir fry's for a while until I lose a good bit more, simply because I always feel I overeat on them and then I get really cross with myself. Hopefully if I lose more my stomach will do that whole 'shrinking' thing that everyone talks about (whether it's true or not is another thing).

Don't know what the hell I'm going to live off though as I stick to very few meals. I reckon it'll be chilli and baked potatoes for the forseeable future.

Right, new day, new start. Trying not to over analyse everything and just go with it. I AM going to use my syns this week. I'm just hoping it doesn't cost me a loss on Sunday due to Saturday night's debauchery.

Breakfast
Grapes

Snack
Apple

Lunch
Shreddies, semi skimmed milk and a banana

Dinner
SW chilli, rice and 2 slices of Healthy choice garlic bread (9syns)
Sf included in the chilli is chilli, carrot, onion, mushroom and tomatoes

Back