Jen's Weight Loss Diary

Okay, so my Gi Diet book came in the post yesterday and I have had a read last night and this morning when the idea struck me....

You know diet books, and how they make you feel all motivated and buzzing to go so you determinedly vow to start the next day only to break some rule you hastily skim-read over, and then the guilt you get for doing the plan wrong and then the thought of ah-****-it. I can see how that might apply to me and contribute to a few of my failed attempts! Weird how you get those sudden epiphanies...

Anyway, back to the book. I am excited and nervous at the same time. There is a lot of emphasis on fruit and vegetables maxing 50% of every meal and snack and I worry I might not be able to afford it. Also, to be frank I eat fruit and veg once in a blue moon so it will be a drastic change indeed! Will I be able to keep to it? Will it all be too foreign? There is a lot of banned foods which I may find challenging also as right now I can eat whatever as long as its in calories.. will that inflexibility be my downfall?

But I asked for a healthy eating plan didn't I? and that's what I definitely got! It's going to be a steep learning curve but then the determination comes back and I can see that although it may take a lot of adjustments and I may make a fair few mistakes it'll be so much better for my body and heart once mastered.

So I've got a while before the new year to read through the plan and prepare myself (eat as many banned foods (within calories) as possible while I still can) before I make the plunge!

So... I ate dominos pizza yesterday... and not a small.. a medium.. and not a healthier veggie option... the full blown Meateaor. :character00254:

It totals a whopping 250 calories per slice so I ingested 2000 calories in one treat. Whoops...

The usual pangs of guilt have been met by determination and resilience. I haven't eaten a dominos for months and it was a big treat I haven't done since I started (and wont be repeating soon, you don't wanna know why..). I will have to scale back on my usual calorie limit up until the next weigh in, but by my calculations a loss of 1lb is still achieveable. Heres hoping!

okay so have gone a little off the rails these past few days :break_diet:

trying my very hardest to eat well for this last week of 2013 and aiming to be 13.04 or less on the 1st Jan :)

So I did my first Sainsbury's shop for the Gi Diet plan last night. Delivery should be between 5-6pm on the 31st.. So excited!! First time I've ever bought a food shop for myself for a month so not sure if I bought too much or too little.. I think it might take me a few shops until I get it right :)

Had a cheeky early weigh in this morning and I was 13st! dead on! :bliss::happy036:

I was expecting a 13.4 weigh in on Wednesday so this is great news and am hoping to maintain that loss for the official weigh in and start of the Gi plan :)

Back