JensJ - I'm back!

It's what I do best Gem! I am in the middle of a wedding at the moment where the bride is desperate to lose some weight for her wedding next year and when we went dress shopping we made sure that the dress she chose suited her NOW as well. A lot can happen in a year and it is important that your dress makes you feel like a princess on your special day whatever size you are. She told us her hang ups and concerns that she may not lose the weight and we discussed alternatives for if there was parts she wanted to cover. Not every bride is a perfect 10 and it is your day. It is a great goal and a good motivator and I'm sure you will do it. Just don't put all the focus for your wedding into your weight

So I got home last Monday and went to WI on Tuesday to learn about my gain! Never mind. It gave me a kick. I went back tonight and guess what....................I lost 5lbs!!!!! And I got SOW!!!

That is brilliant well done girly.

Just out of interest, how does SOW work at your club? At mine you can't get it if you put on the week before? Or am I not reading it right? x

Just out of interest, how does SOW work at your club? At mine you can't get it if you put on the week before? Or am I not reading it right? x

Hi Lou - My SW consultant did mention that last week, I thought she was joking because we've never worked off that before. She says she doesn't apply the rule. Not sure why. I'd never noticed before.

Just don't put all the focus for your wedding into your weight

I didn't know you were a wedding planner Taz - From reading your diary I thought you had something to do with trains and Karate! Lol - Am I way off track here?
I wish I had time to focus more on my weight. I am trying hard and I figure that if I can't lose it for my wedding then I'll never lose it. The dress I tried on didn't fit so it was kind of hard to tell what it was like but it's a gorgeous dress - I just hope it's as nice in my size. I don't think I'll lose more than 2 dress sizes, I'll be lucky to lose that.
I want the fairytale - I want my H2B to be so proud of me on that day. Every girl has an image in their mind I think.............

In her absence, Taz works on the trains and enjoys Karate and Kick Boxing in her spare time (pretty dam good at it too I reckon). She and a friend have started a Wedding and Party Planning Business and seem to be very good at that too by what I've heard. x

She often goes to bed early and gets up at stupid o'clock for work but just recently she has had time off cos her Nan died. I'm tuned into this cos I am dealing with a death in the family too (my Mum). Taz is really supportive to everyone and I'm really glad she's around at the moment. I hope all goes well for her tomorrow x

I'm sorry to hear you're going through a tough time Gem and I hope you're getting the support you need. I'll be thinking about Taz tomorrow too, it'll be a tough day.

Thanks Jen. It's been a tough day. I was pleased with how it went though as you only get one chance to get it right. The flowers were wonderful, the funeral directors were really good and supportive (I used them for my Dad and my auntie and really like the lady who looked after everything for us. Even the Vicar was accomodating to our needs. The wake went smoothly, lots of people came and the photo board I made was appreciated by all.

I wrote a poem but there is no way I could read it out myself. I couldn't do what Taz was going to do and read the eulogy.

I hope all is well with you and thanks for caring x

Hiya, totally OT but I was wondering about your user name, does it mean something or is your partner called Jeremy? lol

Hi FF - It's an old nickname from years ago....my name is Jen and a friends adapted it to Jens and then apparently there is some footballer called Jens Jeremies (German I think). It's just stuck.

Could ask the same about yours - LOL

Sounds like you've had a really tough day. How are you feeling now?

Hi Jens. Yea, I'm OK. My Dad died a couple of years ago and they had a special song. It's a Foster and Allen song called "After All These Years" and it starts, "My darling come to me, sit you down easily....." that was the killer that brought on the tears.

It's good to renew with family afterwards though and share stories and experiences. x

Hi FF - It's an old nickname from years ago....my name is Jen and a friends adapted it to Jens and then apparently there is some footballer called Jens Jeremies (German I think). It's just stuck.

Could ask the same about yours - LOL

Erm mine was just lack of imagination and I'd just come back from my hols lol

Erm mine was just lack of imagination and I'd just come back from my hols lol

Flipflop is ok - reminds me of the summer sun :character00238: and holidays - better than all those bikinis I can't get into :cool:

Hi Jens, sorry I haven't been around much lately! Gem is right though, I work full time on the trains and the martial arts are my hobbies. The wedding and Party planning business is less than a year old but me and my BP have quite a lot of experience in the field. We love what we do and fit it around our current jobs.

I thought the same as you before my own wedding but as the date drew nearer I realised that I wasn't going to be a size 12 bride but more than that I realised it didn't matter! Mr Taz married me for ME and I was at my biggest when we met and got engaged so being THIS size was a bonus! You will look fab in your dress whatever size you are and so long as the dress you have chosen makes you feel amazing NOW whatever weight you lose for your wedding will be a bonus. The guests are all people you have chosen to be there and they will be blown away by how you look whatever size you are because they are your friends and family and they love you.

If you don't lose the weight you want for your wedding you will lose it afterwards. When I get to target I am going to have my dress altered and go back to the castle we were married in and have some more pictures done.

Hi Taz,
Hope everything went ok yesterday. I'm sure it was a tough day.
Don't put pressure on yourself to get back on track with SW too quickly, you've dealt with a lot.
I'm going for my WI tonight and fingers crossed I'll have good news. Between this week and next week I'd like to have 3.5lbs off to reach my 2 stone. It's a long time coming but I think when you reach a goal like that it gives a wee boost to reach the next half stone.
To be honest though I've never stuck at a slimming club long enough to lose 2 stone! I've usually given up! So, I'm already doing well to be sticking at it! I think it helps that I help out in the class, they rely on me to go every week and it keeps me interested.

I'll update later - fingers crossed.
X

Thanks girls. I lost 1.5lbs this week. Still 2 more until I get my 2 stone. So frustrating. Not that I think I should have lost 3.5lbs this week because I didn't stick to it 100% but I really want to get to that mini goal!
It's my niece's 5th birthday this weekend and I know it's going to be a tough one. They always cook gorgeous food and it's so hard to resist. I guess I'll have to try and make the best choice. There's always something!

Back