Jess's Diary - Weighed in a day early..

I had heartburn last night. It had been quite a while since I'd had dinner so it must have been caused by my wine spritzers. I've never had heartburn before and I'm worried I'm going to get it often now. If wine sets it off that is extremely unfair :p I know alcohol can cause it but I hope it's a one off. Also, I had a thai green curry for lunch today and it gave me really bad stomach pains. The last few times I've had Indian I've gotten really bad stomach pains so I'm thinking I'll probably have to give up curries :( After one I had to go home from the pub to use the toilet, as I can't do twosies in public and the pain was so bad. I get upset tums and pains a lot but I don't want to go to the doctor about it. I've tried to keep a food diary to see if I have trigger foods, but then if I decide it's diary I will chug a pint of milk and eat a cheesy pizza with no problems.

Haha, it's funny but I'm pathetic and need to get over it. I'm trying to overcome and I've managed to go at Adam's work, but apart from that I've only done number 2s in my house or hotel since I was 11. Obviously going to have to get over that when I go to the festival as I can't withhold for 4 days! I think I'll be alright though as my aversion is because I hate the thought of someone knowing I'm doing it.. in a toilet, which is it's purpose :rolleyes: But it will be noisy and no water to plop into so no one will hear and it will stink anyway so no one will smell. That's what I'm telling myself to get through it anyway. I do apologise for such unlady like talk! It really is the bane of my life though. I think I probably have IBS so I will bring it up with the dr when I'm next there for something. I am not willing to give up diary/wheat/gluten or whatever, which is all the best foods but it will make life easier if I avoid those stuff when I'm out. I don't know how good the medicine is, what I really want is a fast acting painkiller to take away the stomach pains. Painkillers work, but not fast enough. One time I phoned Adam up from college crying to see if he'd pick me up and take me home as it hurt so much. He didn't :rolleyes: told me to take a taxi! I hate the thought of having it for life. I've got a fakeaway curry meal tonight, so I'll see if that causes pains. A test!

Anyway, birthday plans have changed. We're going to go into London instead. Going to visit the national history museum and probably the science museum. The NHM is always rammed on weekends, so taking the opportunity to go on a week day. Hopefully there won't be loads of school trips or tourists. Not sure what else to do, possibly mooch around Borough market or Camden. Evening will consist of happy hour cocktails, of course, and some nom noms. Friday up to the shire and viewing a wedding venue on the way. BBQ in the evening. Hopefully I will get to see a couple of friends at some point, I think only 2 are still in the country.

Sounds like you've got some great stuff planned for your birthday Jess - fab! You've got me thinking about NT as well now - I've been on their website seeing what they've got going on. It all looks great - I'd forgotten there were things like that to do in the summer time. Now we just have to hope we get some more warm weather.

Poor you suffering with heartburn and tummy probs. Like Nikster said, the heartburn is probably just one of those things triggered by the curry and wine. I sometimes get heartburn with spicy food and/or wine but it's not a majorproblem, just get yourself some tablets and they shift it pretty quick. As for the tummy probs - methinks you are probably right and need to get yourself to the Docs chick.

How exciting to be looking round houses - things starting to move slowly but surely in the right direction. Still got my fingers crossed about the job application.

Hope you're having a great day and you're enjoying planning for the weekend :)

Birthday plans are sounding good Jess, I still haven't managed to get to Borough market and so want to.... its only open on Thursday and Fridays though so it limits the chances of going
btw your birthday pressie arrived :D will bring it with me when i'm over next

Sounds like you've got some great stuff planned for your birthday Jess - fab! You've got me thinking about NT as well now - I've been on their website seeing what they've got going on. It all looks great - I'd forgotten there were things like that to do in the summer time. Now we just have to hope we get some more warm weather.

It is really worth becoming a member, if you visit 2 gardens and houses plus parking you've pretty much paid for the membership. I love it!

Poor you suffering with heartburn and tummy probs. Like Nikster said, the heartburn is probably just one of those things triggered by the curry and wine. I sometimes get heartburn with spicy food and/or wine but it's not a majorproblem, just get yourself some tablets and they shift it pretty quick. As for the tummy probs - methinks you are probably right and need to get yourself to the Docs chick.

The curry was the day after but I think I worked it out anyway. I had mini cans of lemonade that I was putting in my wine and I had one yesterday and as soon as I had it I felt that trail of burning sicky feeling so I'm pretty sure it was that. Not sure if it's just that brand of lemonade because I don't usually get it with lemonade, but will avoid it (RH Whites).

How exciting to be looking round houses - things starting to move slowly but surely in the right direction. Still got my fingers crossed about the job application.

Me too, haven't heard anything yet but my friend said they probably waited until after the deadline until looking at all the apps, but if I've heard nothing by the end of the week I will e-mail to ask what the dealio is and if I'm unsuccessful they can tell me why I didn't even get an interview!

Hope you're having a great day and you're enjoying planning for the weekend :)

Thank you :) I am looking at food places ;)

Birthday plans are sounding good Jess, I still haven't managed to get to Borough market and so want to.... its only open on Thursday and Fridays though so it limits the chances of going
btw your birthday pressie arrived :D will bring it with me when i'm over next

You should make Brucie book a day off when you next have a day off on those days and make him take you :) Yaaay, thank you!

Nik, I don't have problems in the house. I can talk to Adam through the door :p Just public. Plus, you can marry me because you'd probably enjoy it more! Adam can be such a whinger. He doesn't enjoy walking along the beach because he gets sand in his shoes, if it's sunny it's always too hot and he cannot just sit and enjoy peace and quiet, he gets bored. I actually changed it to London because he'd probably find less to complain about than Brighton :rolleyes:

:8855: thats my son always a whinger bless him

loving the topic that has now been raised in your diary Jess eewww!!! haha!

plus please check out the team thread mumma K wants some team imput that goes for all teams members reading this too purlease :D

Jess. my OH had some IBS probs before and doc prescribed buscopan..u can get over the counter tho i thnk but they do ask allthe usual questions!!! haha!!! charly will be the best person to advise u!!!.xx

whats the crack for today then Jess? going anywhere exciting? :) :) x

:D Just doing a little update re the lovely Jess
she is indeed up Lanndann town today with my plonkerish son haha!!!
i'm sure she will up later xx

Happy belated b'day Jess!!!! Hope you had a good un and got spoilt!!.xx

Oooh, sort of good timing, just popped in for a small check :D Happy birthday!

xx

Thanks everyone :)

No time to catch up or properly update atm, but I will tomorrow. Just a quicky.

- I got my degree results. 2:1. Yay! I was very worried about that, very pleased now.
- Rejected from the job. Boo, screw them!
- House hunting on Friday. Can't wait :)

Hope you all had lovely weekends, catch up later!

congrats on the 2:1 thats fantastic hunny :) xxx

Huge congratulations on your degree Jess. Looks and brains chick! ;)
Thats a shame about the job. it's disappointing when you liked the look of it so much.
Can't wait to hear how your househunting goes. Exciting stuff!

Many many congratulations on the degree my lovely very well deserved

Sorry things haven't gone so well with that job application
but it's there loss Hun you are obviously far to fabulous for them
and what's meant for you will come to you
something much better I'm sure of that.

Can't wait to see some of the info on the houses your going to be looking at
I shall be over after work Tuesday night so see you both then

Happy Belated Birthday Jess!! And well done on the 2:1...that's fantastic, you should feel really proud of yourself! xx

Back