Jess's Diary - Weighed in a day early..

hate to sounds like an old fuddy duddy but i would hate to be starting out driving now, insurance is just stupid what they charge these days.

How've you done today jess. I went half a point over but did earn 2 ap's so not worried. have a good day tomorrow

I didn't manage to do it yesterday Jane but will do it today :)

My car insuuuurence was £300 for the year. When I pass it will go up to £380, but that was a different insurance company. I'm with Admiral, but they wouldn't do a quote on the compare engine thingimabob when I changed to having passed to check the price. I hope they're cheap so I can just add the extra on but if they're not can I get any remaining money back (say if it's only been 2 months) and then go with someone else?

Congrats on the car!!!

Pointed for the last two days, whoop. About to do an online shop. Going to have a really healthy week because I always use my points on snacks.

My wisdom tooth started coming through a couple of months ago but it's stopped with just a bit poking out. It's really hurting me at the moment so I'm signing up for the dentist tomorrow. It's about time I had a check up anyway, it's been years.

I drove my car for the first time yesterday. I was so scared, I didn't go over 2nd gear :p I just went around the block a couple of times.. I can do more but it was too scary without my instructor. My car doesn't have a rev counter so I was a bit baffled.. I always accelerate at 15 revs but I did ok. The car has less responsive brakes but seems harder to stall. I'll get used to it, I'm just a wuss!

takes a while to get used to driving another car i have to say :) when i first swapped from my learning car to Daisy, it was like driving a dodgem cause she was so old, slow and choked up with petrol! Giyan (named by my odd friend) my micra is much better but for months i couldnt get third properly.. practice is all you need :D

hope you're still managing your points okay :) xxx

I've had my car 8 years and still cant get reverse 1st time. MrB and i are doing something of a car swap at the moment and his is great fun to drive cos its really old and heavy-fells like driving a tank-cant explain why i like it so much

whooo... KA are lovely and tiny , my first car was a mk1 clio, which i kitted up boy racer style, it was only a 1.4 but my insurance third party was £1200 and that was in 2002, it is a joke the cost of it all

but its the best thing you do, its independance, i couldnt be without a car now

well done on theory! Its amazing how reliant you become on a car and so quickly too!

Well done on the theory test congrats!!! Hows your car going?

takes a while to get used to driving another car i have to say :) when i first swapped from my learning car to Daisy, it was like driving a dodgem cause she was so old, slow and choked up with petrol! Giyan (named by my odd friend) my micra is much better but for months i couldnt get third properly.. practice is all you need :D

hope you're still managing your points okay :) xxx

It's less the car and more just being scared!

I've had my car 8 years and still cant get reverse 1st time. MrB and i are doing something of a car swap at the moment and his is great fun to drive cos its really old and heavy-fells like driving a tank-cant explain why i like it so much

Hehe, I haven't even reversed yet :)

Well done on car and passing Theory :D x Hope you are having a good week

Thanks! :)

whooo... KA are lovely and tiny , my first car was a mk1 clio, which i kitted up boy racer style, it was only a 1.4 but my insurance third party was £1200 and that was in 2002, it is a joke the cost of it all

but its the best thing you do, its independance, i couldnt be without a car now

Lol, I can just picture it!

well done on theory! Its amazing how reliant you become on a car and so quickly too!

I hope I start to enjoy it soon!

Hope you've had another good day jess, i have and we seem to have been in synch in the past.

hows the car today

I've been a bit over, but doing ok!

Well done on the theory test congrats!!! Hows your car going?

Not driven in it again yet :p

Well done on passing your theory and even more on the car, just got to concentrate on the test now but sure you'll be fine

M

Can't believe how cheap your insurance is compared to how much my son's will be. He's at college so guess who will be paying:sigh: Hope your weeks going good. Well done on your pointing xx

I've had a naughty day as I went to Thorpe Park. Had Burger King for lunch then 2 donuts with chocolate dip! Being a good girl and taking a packed lunch with me tomorrow :)

Got completely soaked on tidal wave.. when I wasn't even on it! I got a bit soaked, walked out the exit and got caught by the next wave which drenched me. My shoes were squelching and my top went see-through. I had a good time though!

I'd love to go to Thorpe Park (love theme parks) Went to Alton Towers 2 years ago with a 2 day pass and it was just FAB FAB FAB:D. Really wanna make it to Florida some day (I'm an eternal child at nearly 41!)

Glad you had a good day Jess!

Glad you had a good day jess, we all have days out and slip ups-personally i had a slip up today without leaving the house, at least you had an excuse

Yeah, I don't need an excuse to slip up, it just happens! Don't worry Jane :)

I'd love to go to Thorpe Park (love theme parks) Went to Alton Towers 2 years ago with a 2 day pass and it was just FAB FAB FAB:D. Really wanna make it to Florida some day (I'm an eternal child at nearly 41!)

Glad you had a good day Jess!

Thorpe Park is quite good but I much prefer Alton Towers! I've been to Alton Towers quite a few times as it's closest to where I grew up. I want to go to Florida too :D America do that kind of thing sooo much better than we do.

Oh, yeah, Islands of Adventure is awesome :D well worth going.
We went to Florida a few years ago and got a 10 day pass or something, and we went in the evening a few times which is really good, because no-one's there :)

xx

God the last time I went to Thorpe Park was August 1985 - were you even born then???LOL!!

Back