Jess's Diary - Weighed in a day early..

Hope you feel better soon!

x

Hiya Jess
Hope that youre feeling better soon hun. Are you enjoying college?
Cath xox

Thanks guys :) Feeling better now, but that cold took ages to shake off! Still haven't been around much, will catch up soon (promise!). I was away all weekend at the wedding and uni is a bit overwhelming. So much to do for different subjects, don't know whether to work solidly on each in turn or do bits or what.

I'll be moving in with Adam's grandparents from January for about 5 months. We asked them today and they said yes. With less student loan we just can't really afford to stay here anymore and this way we can pay off debts and save a bit before moving to Sussex (where Adam works).. then we'll be able to afford to live off his wage. I'll hopefully have a job lined up by then but if not we can manage until I do. Then my wage is spending money, hurrah! Really sad news is that we're not allowed to take Cassi :( Adam cries when I mention it but I don't think it'll hit me properly until we leave her. It'll only be for about 5/6 months but I don't want to leave my kitty! We need to find someone to take her but we don't know who. She's scared of dogs (well my stupid big dog chasing her barking was her introduction, though she can sit around my little dog who ignores her) so can't go to my mum's. All my friends around here are leaving, though I could try one from Worcs. I don't know what we'll do with her if we can't find her, I wonder if there are people that foster cats for a short while? It's so sad! I'll miss her and I'll worry about her :(

Last edited:
Hiya jess...:)
Aww poor you re-your puddy cat,perhaps advertise locally for someone to look after her,you will have a few months to get to know them that way and so will your cat..

Glad youve shaken off that cold too and hope uni isnt bogging you down too much..have a lovely day xx

Aww feeling your pain over the kitty cat:(
I would offer to have her but im having enough traumas with my own old fogies!
Plus we are off on hol for 2weeks in april & hopefully my friend will be feeding them(but she is allergic to cats!) so who knows!

Im sure someone will have her for you..maybe a rescue home if you made a donation or something. Esp if they know its only temporary.x

Hiya jess...:)
Aww poor you re-your puddy cat,perhaps advertise locally for someone to look after her,you will have a few months to get to know them that way and so will your cat..

Glad youve shaken off that cold too and hope uni isnt bogging you down too much..have a lovely day xx

That's a good idea, I could advertise around college as they're animal people obviously :)

Aww feeling your pain over the kitty cat:(
I would offer to have her but im having enough traumas with my own old fogies!
Plus we are off on hol for 2weeks in april & hopefully my friend will be feeding them(but she is allergic to cats!) so who knows!

Im sure someone will have her for you..maybe a rescue home if you made a donation or something. Esp if they know its only temporary.x

Poor old kitties! I've got all that to look forward to in about 14 years :p I don't really want to give her to a rescue home, not really a nice place for a cat to stay for that long.. too small. Plus they might give her away, she's a pedigree cat so everyone would try adopt her... she's so purdy!

oh sorry to hear about your kitty :( my friend works for the cats protection league and regularly temporarily homes kittens mainly until they find a proper home. maybe you could see if there was one in your area and if you say you'll pay for food and vets etc id hope they'd be kind enough to help.
suz x

Yeh i see what you mean jess i wouldnt want to come back for her to find she had been re-homed,what a nightmare that would be!!
Good luck with your search for a temp home xx

Oh jess, i can understand why you're so upset i would ht to have to leave Nina, I'm bad enough when we go on holiday. I am sure there are organisations that can arrange foster care, Hope you can find someone-how long do you have?

Oh jess, i can understand why you're so upset i would ht to have to leave Nina, I'm bad enough when we go on holiday. I am sure there are organisations that can arrange foster care, Hope you can find someone-how long do you have?

We're moving out 14th of January, so quite a while yet.

Shes being a good mummy & thinking about her baby well in advance:) xx

Aww how awful having to re-home yr cat - not sure I could cope with that! Just asked OH if we could foster for you - got told in no uncertain terms not to be so stupid!!! Guess that told me LOL - Sorry but did try. Am sure you'll find someone before January - keep us posted! In meantime have fabby weekend xxx

Haha, aww thanks for trying! :) I always have my mum as a last resort. She can't be scared of the dogs forever, one smack around the face and Chance will fear her! He wouldn't hurt her anyway, he's just big, noisy and excitable. I'd be more worried about how responsible they'd be. They broke the fire so they sit around with the gas cooker hobs lit for heat.. and fall asleep?? Mental. Plus they leave the back door open a lot to let the dogs go in and out.. you're not supposed to let cats go outside for a while until they get used to their new place plus she might try run away because of the dogs.

Glad you do have a back up plan if all else fails - even if it involves open doors and big dogs LOL. When we moved we kept our two in for almost a week and then put butter on their paws when we did let them out - no problems arose and they both came back. They did, however, get very stressed when we started packing up with all the boxes etc so you could consider sending her a little early when you decide/find a foster home and if it's yr mums maybe you could stay a wee while to ensure her safety from the big dogs and open doors. Have a great weekend hun xxx

What does butter on the paws do? Does it help?

When we moved from our apartment to here we locked her in the bathroom so she wouldn't be under foot when moving everything in. She was still quite young at this point and managed to get down behind the back on the sink but couldn't get back out. We had to break tiles to get her out (of our rented house :p)... they're still broken now.

when moving you should keep a cat in one room that they are familiar with ( and cant get under your feet!) then the same at the new place. we did this when we moved and Rosie managed to get herself stuck behind the hot water tank!! then when we got to the new house no one had turned up with the keys so they had to sit on the lawn in their cat boxes-they were no happy bunnies.But they were ok once settled.

any more progress on homing Cassopeia? i would totally have her but I'm forever shipping Amber off to Mattys parents when i have to go away, and its already unfair that shes home alone 12hrs a day.. and i certainly wouldnt want to wish her miserable face on Cass! LOL :D

i'm sure she would be fine with ur mummys pooches.. Amber gets used to Lenny after a while.. and then she just tells him what for when he steps over the line :D

hows your sensible eating going? :)

Back