55g low fat spread
2 eggs
1/2 tsp bicarb of soda
150g self raising flour
1tsp mixed spice
30g light brown soft sugar
150g 0% fat greek yoghurt
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Preheat oven to gas mark 4/180 deg. Mist a 20cm square cake tin with low fat spray and set aside. Place the chopped dates in a pan with the tea. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 3-5 mins until the dates are soft. Set aside.

Beat the sweetener with 25g of the low fat spread and the eggs. Sift in the bicard of soda, self raising flour and mixed spice. Stir to combine, then stir in the dates and tea. Scrape into the tin and bake for 20 mins until firm to the touch.

Meanwhile, make the sauce by melting the remaining low fat spread with the sugar in a pan and bubble for 2 mins until golden. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in 1 tbsp of the yoghurt. Return the pan to a low heat and stir in the remaining yoghurt and vanilla extract. Gently heat for 3-4 mins, stirring until warmed through. Slice the pudding into 6 pieces and serve with warm sauce.

Good luck Jess if you attempt them, I certainly will do when I have the chance. Cos Sticky toffee pud is my fav!!

Also come across a mini brownie bites recipe in an old handout....will post that tomoro....x

Hi Jess

Mayo in Brownies just seems wrong to me ... will be interested to hear what they're like if you get round to making them!!

Have a great day

Twigs
xx

Hi Jess, that lemon drizzle cake sounds nice, let us know how they all turn out if you make them. A picnic sounds like such a nice idea...might have to hint at OH :D xx

Very hungry today. Munch munch munch.

Bagel - 3
Extra light philli - 1
S&V walkers - 3
Malteasers - 4

Dinner is going to be fish fingers, waffles and beans. 10 points left, might use them all up, might not!

I made a photo album and added some pics because I just realised I don't have any. All my pics have been put in posts.

Don't think we'll be doing a picnic at the weekend as the forecast is cloudy and 7 degrees. I think tearoom lunch and cake is called for instead ;) If I have a veg curry for dinner with rice or low fat naan or something I'll have looooads of points left, plus AP points. I'm so excited, very sad it is. Food is my true love.

me and Matty have just gone "Why The Face" at mayo in brownies.. sounds so wrong! :p

shame your picnic wont go ahead, but enjoy your tearoom lunch instead :D x

Pix in album are lovely jess,how jealous am i you manage to keep your big boobies even when thin:p!

Is cassi a pedigree? if so what breed?she is gorgeous x

lol Charly I can answer this one
Cassie is indeed a pedigree, she is a lilac shaded british blue
we also have her brother Rambo :D
lol Sorry Jess couldn't resist
goes off to see what piccy's you've added

Ohhh! (groans wth major jealousy) you are so lucky to have her!
I think when i get my persian it will be a blue one or maybe cream & blue,always always wanted a grey puddy tat! x

Yup, just as K said. I miss heeeer. Rambo is quite different to her. He hates Adam but likes me, still is really funny about being stroked sometimes though! Plus he's a big wuss, I think it's because of the name, haha!

Oooh lilac blue pussycats bring back memories of Mr T, RIP you little bast**d. My arm aches already. Still I love the pic of cassie (and you of course)

Hope you enjoy either indoor or outdoor treat

M

Well done!

Back