Jess's Diary - Weighed in a day early..

I've never had gammon but it looks yummy.
What's it like for pointage? Your wedges look yumscious as usual Jess :)

I'm in the motherland. Having a really nice time, enjoying the fresh air and company. Spent a lot of time with my niece today and last night, she is at that hilarious age. I think she remembers us now, as it only took about a minute before she stopped being shy. She used to cry if left with us. The baby screamed when we came in but I picked her up and bounced her then she was fine. She is sooo fat, looks like winston churchill. Her name is Bethany but they call her betty like ugly betty :p anyway my older niece loooves me, she's such a girls girl. If I went to the toilet she'd run around calling me.. "jess... Jess... JESS!!" or her version of jess anway. She is talking more but still quite basic. She is weary around Adam but if I'm not there he'll do. I think cos she doesnt see her dad much (my brother) she just prefers females. She much prefers my mum to my dad (as do I!). It's so tiring looking after a toddler. We went for a walk and she wanted to be swung by me and mum the whole way "agen!" and when my mum let go she said "nanny gimmehand!!". Plus it's always "up" "up". Tiring. So cute though, she is very easy going and smiley. I've never seen her have a cry or tantrum but she can be bossy. I don't see her often tho and I think she doesn't get much attention. Get to see her tomorrow too :)

Seen my friends, had a lovely night last night. I don't want to go back to the monotony of either sitting in front of the tv all day or going into work with and sitting at the pc all day. I can't wait to finish my degree, move and start a job. I always feel like my life is on hold. I always think I'll be content when I'm slim, when I get a job, etc. However I may never lose weight, it might take me ages to find a job, I might hate it, I may still not make friends there. When I move I am not going to mope around until I find a job, I'll get up early, pretty myself up and keep busy. I'm going to go to monthly humanist meetings in a pub in Brighton and try find other ways of making friends.

Had a good chuckle at that

What, that the humanist society hold their meetings in the pub? Or that i want to join it? :p

Nikki, you're so lucky you get it ever day, they are the best at that age :D I think your daughter is younger? Tammy developed a bit slower than average tho and it sounds like aisha is at the same stage.

hope you have a lovely easter Jess :) are there many easter eggs about in your house? xxx

happy easter

Sounds like you're having a lovely Easter weekend Jess. Great stuff.

Glad to hear you're taking 'positive thinking' approach. I am exactly the same always thinking 'I'll be happier as soon as I've done x,y,z' but it's not living if you're always 'waiting' for these things. I find I tend to invent other things that I need to achieve as soon as I've got what I set out for anyway! Well, good for you planning nice things and ways of making friends. I've found it hard to make friends since I moved down here, but loads better to be out and about all the time :)

Hope the Easter Bunny brought you summat nice x x x

Spoke too soon, she cried for her mum yesterday! She didn't want to leave her apparently and we were manically tried to cook cauliflower cheese, mash carrots/swede, carrots, stuffing, peas, sweetcorn and braised cabbage for 25 people in one kitchen to take down to the family meal so got all stressy. Mum shouted at Tammy and then I screamed at the dog as the bloody oven door is broken and comes right off (nothing ever gets fixed in that house, the gas fire broke so they just use the oven hobs!!). I made dad put them outside and then mum let them back in again and they kept getting around my feet when when door was on the floor while the oven was on gas mark 8! I screamed and kicked the dog up the ass. Tammy started bawling for her mummy, proper choking sobs and kept saying "I want mummy" over and over so I had to take her in the other room and play peppa pig until she stopped crying. Then I wasn't allowed to leave her or she started crying again so Adam had to take over the cooking, haha. I tried to take her in to him while I was cooking but she said no and pulled me out the room :p Really doesn't like men. Then mum plonked ugly betty with me. I really don't like having the baby dumped on me because if she cries I can't shut her up plus baby crying goes right through me. She was alright though and was giggling at babies on youtube. If I watched another 10 minutes of cbeebies on youtube I would have killed myself though. She doesn't even finish a video, just keeps clicking on random videos. I swear that girl will type before she can write. Anyway, when we went down to the big family meal and did the quiz thing around Tenbury she was fine. She always says things like "mummy has eyes" "mummy plays football" "mummy does that *points to the figure skating on tv*". Kids are weird. I really hate my brother though, he was supposed to look after them but was drunk in bed on Easter morning, from the night before. Seriously, there should be some sort of test before you're allowed to reproduce. She kept pulling me around and ordering me into a play house with her that I could barely fit in :p

Anyway, feeling very fat at the moment as my cousins are tiny. They've had 2 and 4 kids but are way smaller than me :( My cousin is having her two daughters and herself christened on May 2nd and I'm going to eat as little as possible without starving myself as I can before then. I don't want to do the meal replacement as it's too extreme but I'll be doing something like cereal for brekkie, soup and roll for lunch and healthy dinner. Starting running too. I want to get as much off as possible by then. Neither me or Adam really want to go to the christening as we are both anti-religion (not religious people). I really don't believe in christening kids, but it's family, blaaaaah. They are too young to decide.. but on the other hand there really isn't much of a choice in life, if your brought up by believers you're going to probably be one yourself. We're bringing ours up to be non-believers so that's most likely what they will become!

Tried to pay for the holiday but they declined it as it was a French company. Spent ages on the phone to an 0845 number getting the bank to authorise it. One of the security questions was from my statement, which pizza place did I use in March? Haha, which one?! I think I used three :p

Woke up at 10 and had a bowl of cereal and yoghurt about 30 minutes ago. I'm going to try Linz' BBQ chicken lasagne tonight :) If I get hungry between now and dins I'm just going to have a crusty roll with a bit of spread.

Just like me with the attitude to christening kids jess,i dont believe in none of it.
& true to my word britt is not christened & never will be by me anyhow!

Easter all sounded a little bit stressy,now did i miss summat? where was the mother of the baby?
x

Just like me with the attitude to christening kids jess,i dont believe in none of it.
& true to my word britt is not christened & never will be by me anyhow!

Easter all sounded a little bit stressy,now did i miss summat? where was the mother of the baby?
x

Nah, I enjoyed it! Just feel so sorry for them as my brother is a waste of space and they'll soon be old enough to realise this. The mum was at her house, my parents have the kids once a week and my brother lives with them (they break up and get back together for a week, then break up again :rolleyes:) but he shows no interest in them at all. When I go to France with Adam and the parents, the older niece is coming, and my two brothers. All he is concerned with is where the pubs are (in France?!). Once she pointed to some fosters in the supermarket and shouted "daddy!!".

I wish I hadn't been christened, Adam hasn't and he loves that little fact :p There are two churches in my hometown, one really old and pretty, the other just a crappy village hall sort. When I asked mum why she had me christened in the crappy old one (I know it's because it was cheaper!) she said because methodists are more laid back or something. Oh yeah, apart from the not being allowed to drink or gamble, what a load of chit, thanks mum. Any excuse for a party, never goes to church and doesn't even know about the bloody faith she recruited me into! I want an unchristening but I doubt they exist :p

Haven't eaten since my brekkie and only a little hungry so I'll just wait until din dins at 7. Mainly because I couldn't be arsed to make my soup, will make it later tonight!

Adam is meeting his old uni friends in London on Friday so I'm going to meet up with my friend Hen. She has a tastelondon card coming, hopefully, so 50% off the food bill. We're either going to go to a Moroccan style place and have a meat feast - selection of starters, pick a main (mostly kebab meat with rice), and then a dessert of a fruit platter, mint tea and baklava. Mmm. Oooor, Mexican. If Mexican it'll be less healthy! Nachos, fajitas and pecan pie. Plus we are going to have lots of happy hour cocktails beforehand :) If her card doesn't turn up it'll be GBK vouchers, happy either way :D

Back