Jess's Diary - Weighed in a day early..

I think its actually new covent garden, whatever they are really nice soups-come in a carton in the fridge section.

I have seen the soup maker on TV and it looks really good,but MrB says it will just end up in the cupboard of electrical gadgets that we hardly ever use , so i guess i'm not getting one !!!

ps hi Jess!

I'm with Jess on the amount of time and effort it takes to make soup. Every time I make a pot I feel like I should get some kind of medal. :winner:
I've only started making it myself recently as up until then I had a soupery doupery soup maker of my own (my mum)
However, she has downed tools and refused to keep making it for me. Instead she trailed me round asda and told me what to buy. I make a huge pot so the effort required to prep all those veggies is ridiculous! Who knew chopping bloody turnip could be so exhausting...:sigh:
Now I want one of these machines, although from Kally's description it sounds too good to be true. I'd be wanting it to wash the leeks and peel my turnips and carrots for me.....then clean up afterwards :D

Oh, and i did your survey Jess x

hahaha!!! Nic, I promise you it really is worth its weight in gold
I really did have to work my magic on my old man to let me have one
but its one of my most used gadgets along with me actifry :D
obviously it doesn't peel or wash the veg first
but it frys the onion then browns the veg you add the stock it brings to boil and then simmers at the end of the process you press the button again depending if you want course rustic soup or souper douper smooth Ps promise I don't work for the company making them

hiya Jess, hope you're having a lovely easter holiday :)

I know, I just realised I can have peanut butter! HOLLA! I just don't know what to put it on? :p

haha !!! dip a bit of celery into it and suck it off
you have to make sure its the one where the oil floats to the surface of the peanut butter though

It feels weird being on a different diet, I feel like I'm cheating on WW. I've gone off WW many times but never to do a different diet. I always said I'd never do a faddy diet but I really want to get some weight off quickly as it's getting me down. Once I'm in the healthy bracket or a size 12 I'll be back, slowly introducing new and more carbs. I think when I'm slimmer and had a break I will be ready to stick to my points again :)

I had 2 sausages, 3 eggs scrambled, 3 slices of bacon + 1 tomato for breakie. Just had a chunk of cheddar cheese and will have sirlorn steak with salad made from lettuce, pepper, tomato and feta cheese with a bit of salad cream. I think I'll be under the net carbs, is that ok mummy k? I'm not hungry which is good :) I've been perusing the lowcarbmegastore and debating with myself whether to make any purchases. Expensive, but I'd like some sugar free syrup and sweets, plus a couple of choccy type bars. I want some shake powder for breakfasts but they're so expensive! About £14.99 for 10 servings. £1.50 a shake!

When i did atkins i used to buy the massive tubs of whey protien shake from holland & barrett as they always seemed to have it on offer. Tasted alright too! xx

Sounding all good to me Jess
did you check the salad cream though, that's the only thing I'm unsure on
I know what you mean about cheating though I sat there last night dipping chicken breast
prawns and cheese into full fat Mayo thinking I'm going to be 10lbs heavier by the end if Induction
Tesco's have Atkins products Jess in the Chemist product bits and bobs near the baby food, shampoo section :D they have Advantage shakes and bars

Sounding all good to me Jess
did you check the salad cream though, that's the only thing I'm unsure on
I know what you mean about cheating though I sat there last night dipping chicken breast
prawns and cheese into full fat Mayo thinking I'm going to be 10lbs heavier by the end if Induction
Tesco's have Atkins products Jess in the Chemist product bits and bobs near the baby food, shampoo section :D they have Advantage shakes and bars

The salad cream is fine carbwise :) I mean is it ok to go under your carbs? It's the atkins shake that cost a bomb, but I'll have a look! The supermarkets might do a cheapy version.

Boots do lots of low-carb stuff (own brand so cheapie) as well chicky - massive good luck. I am so jealous right now. Full fat mayo.....drooooool.

Found atkins easy yesterday, hard today. Headache, upset tummy, sick of meat! I had to take a packed lunch in today so i had two sausages wrapped in bacon, 2 boiled eggs, mini satay chicken pieces and a chunk of cheese. Quite sickening. I ate a pepperami too :jelous: So disgusting. I need to find a better, lighter lunch. I can only think of salad, but maybe I can warm some chicken up and have caeser salad. If I get the shakes I might just have them for lunch. I wonder if I can get some CD shakes and bars off a councellor if I say I want to do 810 or something. Dinner tonight is chicken korma (made with chicken, a bit of paste, onions and cream). I'm making a "rice" out of cauliflower so it'll be like eating a normal meal. Looking forward to it! Off into London tomorrow for my friend's birthday.

Sounds like your doing well with atkins Jess, hope you can get thru the sore head etc and get some fabby results..xxx

Back