Jess's Diary - Weighed in a day early..

Could be your sinuses that are infected Jess. An ear infection would usually be painful. I had a similar thing a few weeks ago when I had that horrible head cold. I couldn't hear properly (sounded like I was underwater) and there was a weird liquidy swollen feeling behind my cheekbones. Poor you, hope you manage to see a Doc and get it sorted

Thanks lovelies. I set my alarm early, rang the drs when it opened and the reception said the doctor could diagnose me over the phone and give me a prescription. The doctor rang me around 9 and then after 30 seconds said she'd need to see me, could I come in? No, I'm in Sussex now. Could I see her tomorrow at 11.50? No.. no one available in the morning? Nope, great, well screeeeew yooooou. I don't know how people manage to get appointments without booking in advance, next time I will lie and say I have something really serious like I've suddenly gone blind. I went to Crawley walk in around 10ish and was told there was a 2.5 hour wait! Lots of life threatening things apparently, one after the other. Well my ear is life threatening because it's making me very grumpy, especially in the morning, and I may kill Adam ;) The poor poppet, I am grumpy enough for the first 15 minutes on waking as it is. Anyway, after that I sat in the car and cried. I'm ok now though.

Dinner was the chicken strips coated in garlic herb phili then breadcrumbs, potato salad and spinach. Sooo gooood. I'm feeling very smug at the moment as Adam isn't following it and I am, makes a change! I wasn't even tempted by a quarter pounder!

Going to the shire tomorrow. Having a celebratory drink or 5 with the fam tomorrow evening. Having a celebratory meal with my friends Saturday night and christening Sunday. I want to try really hard to stick to my points for once, I usually go mad when I go back. The meal on Sat is an Indian, but has some lovely sounding fish dishes. Monkfish tandoori and monkish, spinach and potatoes. Also halibut and seabass. I may have one! I want a dry dish though, not a curry. Bad, bad ghee. For the christening I need to do a dessert, but I don't know what :confused: I wanted to do one of the cookie recipes in the recipe thread but don't think that's really appropriate. I might just do a cake from my humming bird book.

Could be your sinuses that are infected Jess. An ear infection would usually be painful. I had a similar thing a few weeks ago when I had that horrible head cold. I couldn't hear properly (sounded like I was underwater) and there was a weird liquidy swollen feeling behind my cheekbones. Poor you, hope you manage to see a Doc and get it sorted

The nurse at the walk-in centre said it looked like it was recovering from an ear infection and it will go away on its own. Did yours go away on its own and how long did it take?

The nurse at the walk-in centre said it looked like it was recovering from an ear infection and it will go away on its own. Did yours go away on its own and how long did it take?
It got a good bit better after a week but it kept flaring up again. I think it was probably about 2 weeks before it went away completely. Just like you, I couldn't get a doctors appointment and nothing helped so eventually it went away on its own. The only thing I was taking was loads of vitamin C.

It got a good bit better after a week but it kept flaring up again. I think it was probably about 2 weeks before it went away completely. Just like you, I couldn't get a doctors appointment and nothing helped so eventually it went away on its own. The only thing I was taking was loads of vitamin C.

I will get some berroca, see if that speeds things up :)

Sorry to hear you are still feeling poorly Jess. Doctors are such a pain to get to see sometimes - sounds like you're experiencing this yourself you poor thing. I am a true believer in echinacea in boosting your immune system - have a little look on google and you'll see why. Most people I've suggested it to swear by it for shortening recovery times. I do hope you feel better soon you poor thing! Big get-better-soon-style hugs x

Hope you're better soon hun

xx

Hey Jess...hope your feeling better today and that infection has well and truly run its course....

Hope your have a lovely weekend..xxx

hey hun, you feeling better yet?

just so you know, every time i see your title on here i get a twinge of jealousy.. nice jealousy cause I am sooo happy for you but I would very much like my own shiney ring too! :)

Hope you're feeling better soon, I always that ear ache (through infection) and tooth ache are to of the most painful things xxxx

Hope your feeling better soon and able to enjoy the weekend. Take care xxx

Well, tried to catch up but I really need to watch the new vampire diaries and then start working. Got two assignments and a presentation due tomorrow :(

Ear much better, had a great weekend, more later.

newwww vampire diaries? as in season 2? where? :p

have fun with your assignments hun xxx

Back