Jess's Diary - Weighed in a day early..

Ditto to what everyone has said above. I worked my way up to management level and ended up with a store that was a flag ship store, number 3 in the top 5 of highest earners and I still didn't think I was good enough at it and waited for the "sorry, you're just not cut out for this store" - I was so nervous of hearing these words that I eventually handed in my notice and asked for a demotion. My area manager refused, so, I pulled a second letter out of my bag that had my notice of employment, so I was put to a deputy manager in another store, I felt so much more comfy there... But you... I reckon you have the gab to do this stuff - Now come here you little minx and give me one of those special kisses again... Might as well now my secret is out :D

Hope your're having a lovely Thursday. xxx

Smoochy smoochy smoooo ;)

That is so surprising! You seem like the most confident person in the world. What I really want to do is be a PA and I'm going to make it happen! I can probably get myself into a basic receptionist job and work my way up from there with courses. I have some sort of qualification in ICT from high school and an AS level in computing which sound better than they are. I need to improve my database and spreadsheet skills though, so I think I'll get some books out of the library and make the most of my time sitting around on my arse. Also, that will make me feel more confident if I actually know what I'm doing!

Thanks lovely ladies, I feel much better now :)

Have you got everything ready for your hols jess?
Clothes & toiletries etc?
If i were you id be out buying stuff like a mad woman.:D

P.s lots of luck if you decide to go for the job xxx

Have you got everything ready for your hols jess?
Clothes & toiletries etc?
If i were you id be out buying stuff like a mad woman.:D

P.s lots of luck if you decide to go for the job xxx

I got quite a lot of clothes for it from Tesco when it was 50%, I just need some nice sandles, a couple more cheapy tops, a hat. I don't want to go mad! Do you think there will be mosquitoes in the south of France? I have suntan lotion for body and face.. what else do I need? I need to make a list!

Going out tonight to celebrate the end of many years of education! Just me and Adam. He thought he might have to log on from home to do a bit of work at midnight, but he told me over MSN earlier that he didn't need to anymore and we both typed at the same time "ceeeelleeeebrate good time cooome on", same number of elongated letters and everything. We clearly spend far too much time together!

Going for Japanese, then coming home for a movie and some drinkies. Probably gonna squeeze some popcorn in there too. Well it's the law, isn't it? He keeps making popcorn with our popcorn maker and covering it in salt, I worry for his health!

Oh and Saturday is supposed to be a nice day so I want to go out and do something. First I wanted to go fruit and veg picking, but silly me, it's only May. Asparagus is out but nowt much else. Then I thought the seaside would be good, but don't want to travel that far. Then thought a zoo or safari park would be nice, but don't want to spend that much money right now. Sooo, going to mooch around a farmers market in the morning and then Windor/surrounding villages. I need an injection of countryside every so often or I die.

I wont go anywhere without mozzy spray cos you can almost guarentee you will get bitten if you dont take it!

I buy superdrugs own brand in a black can with red lid (extra strong) its amazing stuff,but you have to spray outside cos omg it chokes you to death if you get a mouthful! Never been bit once while using it.

Dont want to rub it in or anything but we get a free pass for the year with lees work for the zoo & we will probs go on sunday.
Dudley zoo aint the best but they are improving it.

Enjoy your celebrations with adam! xx

Have a lovely Japanese eats Jess - you deserve it after all the hard work you put in. I hope you have a lovely night with Adam and a nice relaxing day tomorrow x x x

Hope your having a fab night celebrating!

Smoochy smoochy smoooo ;)

That is so surprising! You seem like the most confident person in the world. What I really want to do is be a PA and I'm going to make it happen! I can probably get myself into a basic receptionist job and work my way up from there with courses. I have some sort of qualification in ICT from high school and an AS level in computing which sound better than they are.

Sweetie I am a PA well Executive Assistant now but its the same thing with with a posher empty title, so if you wanna know anything fire away, I know I moan loads about my job - but its the place not the job I do, I love being a PA although would eventually like to move into a purely management role but essentially I like being a PA especially the variety in the job - so just ignore my work related moans LOL!!

I started off as a receptionist and did secretarial qualifications at night at college then eventually moved onto NVQ, HNC and the a BA.

Sweetie I am a PA well Executive Assistant now but its the same thing with with a posher empty title, so if you wanna know anything fire away, I know I moan loads about my job - but its the place not the job I do, I love being a PA although would eventually like to move into a purely management role but essentially I like being a PA especially the variety in the job - so just ignore my work related moans LOL!!

I started off as a receptionist and did secretarial qualifications at night at college then eventually moved onto NVQ, HNC and the a BA.

Again, I used to be a PA, so any advice you want fire away - I didn't do it for very long but worked my way up before I got ill.

Hope you had a wicked night xxx

Thanks girlies :)

When you say worked your way up, do you mean in the same company or changing jobs?

I have a degree and I don't want to do another one, but I don't mind doing little qualifications in the evenings or short courses. Will I probably have to do a shorthand or minute taking course?

hope you're enjoying the beautiful weather this weekend Jess :) xxx

Hi Jess...hope you had a lovely weekend! xx

I ate 4 packets of crisps yesterday and 5 today :( I feel really sick now. I can't buy walkers crisps, they are my binge food. Not buying them anymore. I feel yucky and fat so I'm going to start pointing again. 18 points a day until the holiday, if possible. I'm going to a BBQ tonight so it will start tomorrow, but I'm going to go for a walk later. I will try not to eat anything until the BBQ, maybe just watermelon.

In better news, had a lovely day Saturday. Had a mooch around Breaconsfield farmers' market. Lovely little town, I bet it's hella expensive to live there. Really close to London but so countrysidey. After that we decided to go to Eton, but ended up just driving through. Oh how we laughed at the Etonians in their flipping tuxedos?! They looked ridiculous and it was a million degrees. Even if I won the lottery, I would never send a child of mine somewhere like that. So pretentious! I was reading about the college and the people who get scholarships are in separate dorms and don't get to partake in the "ceremonial customs". I would like to pay a small amount, just to keep them away from the riff raff though :p Anyway, drove on through to Windsor, parked up and had a nice stroll along the river. We wandered around Windsor for a bit before having a nice pub lunch of paninis.

I made my own pizza last night using the 0 point BBQ sauce and a pizza mix plus some mozzarella. It was so yummy! I have some sauce and another pizza mix left so I'm going to make another tomorrow. Adam loved it. He was stood over my shoulder telling me there wasn't enough sauce on the pizza while I was making it. I just ignored him, cos he is a crap cook.. everything is cooked on the highest gas possible. He can't follow a recipe as he likes to add ingredients he thinks will be "nice". You need to be able to cook before you can experiment, you bloody fool. Anyway, when he was eating it he said it had the right amount of sauce :rolleyes:

:D hahaha !!!
Adam gets the highest heat possible from me
stand's to reason add more heat and it cooks quicker :8855: so you get to eat it sooner

Last edited:
:D hahaha !!!
Adam gets the highest heat possible from me
stand's to reason add more heat and it cooks quicker :8855: so you eat to eat it sooner

Hahaha - you and Skinny Britches are just the same Mumma K! She eats things practically raw sometimes I have to force her to leave stuff in the oven so she doesn't give herself food poisoning.

Jess - your weekend sounds lush. I too cannot buy crisps, they just go as soon as they get inside the house.

Anyway, so pleased to hear you had a nice chilled out weekend.

Have a fab Monday :)

Haha! I remember the first time I cooked lasagne, I made the sauce on the top just by grating loads of parmesan into creme fraiche (that is absolutely :drool:) and my boyfriend at the time was saying 'Don't like parmesan. Don't like creme fraiche.' >.<

Oh, and he loved it. :rolleyes: Men :mad:

Jon can cook though - he's better than me :p

Things like onions need a low heat so they soften and not go brown and meat needs medium so they cook on the inside and not just outside.. biggest flame isn't always the best :p

Back