Jess's Diary - Weighed in a day early..

:D Very strange smell heading my way

what, what, what I think its the smell of the great unwashed heading home
see ya soon me lovlies x

Hope you have had a fab time come back & tell us all the toilet tales!
x

Hope you have a loevely time festi loos arent as bad as I thought after having 3 kids its nothing compared to nappy changing lol ;)
Stay safe and get the comfycrapper band :) xx

I'm home! I had a great weekend. The toilets weren't that bad at all, a little bit smelly but I just didn't breathe through my nose. A wipe with a baby wipe and some toilet roll was all that was needed. I pooped 3 times, in case you were wondering :p Sleep wasn't a problem, we managed to camp away from the main camp site and it was pretty quiet, ear plugs did the rest. Rammstein were amazing, none of us can stop going on about it. I didn't really know what they did so wasn't expecting anything but they put on the most amazing show. Fire on stage, fire breathing, fireworks shooting across the crowd, more fireworks, foam, bits of paper floating in the sky that looked like fireflies, tonnes more fire, great lights. It was amazing. We sat near the front for over an hour then just before it started I needed to pee really badly so had to get out. It was so hard to get back in, there were SO many people, far more than for any other band. Iron Maiden were crap, he talked in between his songs for ages. Skunk Anansie were great, as were 65daysofstatic, Turisas and Tim Minchin. Tim Minchin was in a tent and we were like sardines, I saw an occasional flash of ginger hair and I was quite near the front. Even with a throat infection he was good. I was really disappointed with Pendulum. The music was great but I was really looking forward to it and it was a let down. We were fairly near the front again, but no one was dancing.. complete wrong crowd. As it was a metal/rock festival and Pendulum are drum & bass it the guy was trying way to hard to please them and it was it bit petty... he was saying stuff like "after 3 say f*ck off!". After being stuck next to some guy with folded arms and other people just nodding their head I gave up and left. I'll go seem them at one of their own gigs. Was disappointed with Placebo. Iggy Pop was cringeworthy. Didn't like Fear Factory or Slayer. One band I really wanted to see (Karnivool) was on at 11:15 Saturday morning and I couldn't be arsed to go up to the arena area but from the campsite they sounded really good. I didn't see a few bands I planned too out of laziness :p We sat around the campsite until early afternoon most days. Overall, had a really good time. Sonisphere was a bit too tame, but I'd prefer that to rowdy. Most people watching bands were just standing around watching and only right by the stage were people dancing/moshing/whatever. As it's only the second year I hope it doesn't turn into Download, which attracts people who just go to be kn*bbers. As they have a lot of old school bands though, I don't think it will happen.

Had a shower at Hen's house today, it felt amazing. I didn't really feel that dirty whilst there, I just wasn't bothered. I feel so clean now. Adam and I slept for about 5 hour when we got back, the tiredness just crept up once we were home. Although we slept ok, it probably wasn't good quality and we woke up before 8 as it was hot!

Anyway, I want fooood.

Glad you had a good time & are back safe ,sound & clean!:p x

i refuse to read anything else on facebook or here about Sonisphere..

..Placebo?! i am truly gutted now :p even if you say they were rubbish.. i love them :p

so glad you had a good time and that you're home and clean :) xxx

Yoo hoo Jess
glad you enjoyed the weekend
mum was convinced you were coming home Sunday ;)
silly mo she is.
Hopefully see you soon anyhow x x

Yoo hoo Jess
glad you enjoyed the weekend
mum was convinced you were coming home Sunday ;)
silly mo she is.
Hopefully see you soon anyhow x x

Nah, I definitely said Monday :p We had baths Thursday and I said "Well that works out well, we can have baths when we get back Monday".. thurs/sat/mon!

Ah Jess! I'm so pleased you had a good time - I totally get what you mean about not being bothered about being dirty until you get home and have a shower! Ha! And I'm always in the ruddy shower - you just don't notice it so much at a festival. Also I'm really glad to hear that the loos weren't too grim.

Hurrah for you - you little festival goer you. I am well impressed and sooooooo glad you had a great time.

I'll be seeing you at Glasto next year then ;)

Hi Jess, glad you had a fab time - your comment about Placebo disappointing you struck a chord with me. When I saw them about 7 yrs ago, they wouldn't play any of the old faves like Teenage Angst, I think Brian called them 'faggy' songs :(

Hurrah for being nice and clean! I love Rammestein, I might try and see if there is a video up on youtube of that performance, sounds legendary!

Shame about Placebo and Pendulum, but I've heard the latter can either go one of two ways live - sometimes it's brilliant and other times it's chite. Still, I'd love to go and see them!

Big love xxx

Ah Jess! I'm so pleased you had a good time - I totally get what you mean about not being bothered about being dirty until you get home and have a shower! Ha! And I'm always in the ruddy shower - you just don't notice it so much at a festival. Also I'm really glad to hear that the loos weren't too grim.

Hurrah for you - you little festival goer you. I am well impressed and sooooooo glad you had a great time.

I'll be seeing you at Glasto next year then ;)

So glad you had a fab time Jess :D

xx

Thanks :) Sounds like I got a bit lucky though, there was rioting elsewhere in the campsite on the last night, fires, fences being kicked down, portaloos being pushed over etc. Also I saw a picture of a portaloo with the word "HI!" written in poo! If I go next year it will be family camping or VIP, mucher calmer! I doubt you'll see me at Glasto, I'd love the hippy vibe but the music.. ack! :p

Hi Jess, glad you had a fab time - your comment about Placebo disappointing you struck a chord with me. When I saw them about 7 yrs ago, they wouldn't play any of the old faves like Teenage Angst, I think Brian called them 'faggy' songs :(

It's just a bit arrogant to not play classics at a festival, people aren't there to see one band and they may only know some of your more famous stuff. I wanted Running Up That Hill! Iron Maiden did 1 or 2 classics in the 2 hour set, a lot of people were peed off with that. Then again, I don't really know any Rammstein songs, I just knew I liked what I heard and I knew one Skunk Anansie song but they were both brilliant!

SO glad you had a great time Jess and all nice and clean again!!
x

Thanks Shinzy-poo :D

Hurrah for being nice and clean! I love Rammestein, I might try and see if there is a video up on youtube of that performance, sounds legendary!

Shame about Placebo and Pendulum, but I've heard the latter can either go one of two ways live - sometimes it's brilliant and other times it's chite. Still, I'd love to go and see them!

Big love xxx

Going to see Pendulum in Brum in December, hope it's better this time!

Had a sneaky little weigh in again today, still 2lbs down! If only weight loss was this easy. I don't understand how I can easily STS when I'm not thinking about diets but can put on weight during dieting :rolleyes: 19 days until I move and get Cassi back :D

Back