Jess's Diary - Weighed in a day early..

I've lost a pound. I didn't diet over the weekend but now I'm going to crack on. I still can't bring myself to count stuff. I calorie count my breakfast then I just can't be bothered weighing, adding, etc. I'm just going to cut out all the crap and eat healthy meals, plus I've been walking a lot. If it doesn't work I will obviously have to count so I'll probably do WW as it's less counting. I'm hoping I can do it without counting though and just make the right choices. From next week I'll be walking a mile home from the bus stop 4-5 times a week anyway, so that's something. Also, I M&S have lovely healthy lunches I can buy after work and bring home for lunch. I would like to be a size 14 by Halloween if possible!! Then size 12 by xmas, but that is really pushing it.

I had a phonecall for Sainsbury's today and they want me too. I'm in demand in the supermarket section! I said I had found a job and that the hours conflicted with theirs but she said she was keen on me and offered me different hours that I could do alongside M&S. I'd have to do every Saturday 6-10 though and I don't really want to so I think I'll turn it down. Hopefully I'll get enough overtime with M&S. I have my aptitude today at 4 so I've been practising my maths skills, percentages etc, in case it's that. If it's anything to do with law I'm screwed, but then why would they open it up to non law graduates? Fingers crossed anyway.

So good to have you back Jess - hurrah!

That's great news about the job - to be fair, reckon I'd prefer working for M&S, presumably you'll get discount? Their stuff is loads better than Sainsbos - love M&S underwear as well as they're foodage :D

Well done on the 1lb - makes all the difference for the scales to start moving in the right direction. Good luck with the healthy eating plan chicky, sounds good to me, would be nice to be able to lose weight without actually counting everything and feeling 'on a diet' the whole time.

Hope you have a brilliant Monday :)

Good luck with the test & yep i agree i would stick with m&s x

So good to have you back Jess - hurrah!

That's great news about the job - to be fair, reckon I'd prefer working for M&S, presumably you'll get discount? Their stuff is loads better than Sainsbos - love M&S underwear as well as they're foodage :D

Well done on the 1lb - makes all the difference for the scales to start moving in the right direction. Good luck with the healthy eating plan chicky, sounds good to me, would be nice to be able to lose weight without actually counting everything and feeling 'on a diet' the whole time.

Hope you have a brilliant Monday :)

20% baby! That's exactly what I like M&S, the food and bras :)

Good luck with the test & yep i agree i would stick with m&s x

Thanks Charly. M&S just seems a really nice place to work. The canteen was immense.

quicker pathways with Sainsburys though Jess, you could pretty much walk straight into Team Leader training if you wanted to.

Dont listen to me though, i just scowl at the mention of anything non-Sainsburys :p

How did you get on with the test Jess ?
Hope it went well
Thanks for Saturday we had a lovely lovely
evening you've now got me cooking Chicken & Chorizo
Pies haha!!

quicker pathways with Sainsburys though Jess, you could pretty much walk straight into Team Leader training if you wanted to.

Dont listen to me though, i just scowl at the mention of anything non-Sainsburys :p

Hehe, I would have do Sainsbury's as well as M&S if I didn't have to do the weekend, but if I have to work every Saturday evening, that would totally blow. I love my Saturday evenings!

God, I read that last post and now I really want a fish finger sandwich, with beetroot....all distracted now!

Thats a brilliant discount for M&S, can you do my christmas shopping for me? :D

I hope I get it straight away, and not after 6 months or something. Feel free to use it when I'm in Glasgow ;)

Congrats on the job Jess,and good luck

Thanks Jane :)

How did you get on with the test Jess ?
Hope it went well
Thanks for Saturday we had a lovely lovely
evening you've now got me cooking Chicken & Chorizo
Pies haha!!

I think I did ok! I will hear about an interview at the end of next week, but I'm not getting my hopes up too much as I think a lot of people have applied. Fingers crossed though, I'd be a frickin' lawyer of sorts.

I'm all on my lonesome for most of today. Adam is doing some boring call centre expo in Birmingham so probably won't be back until about 10. I've found a 5km walk that goes right past the house in a big circle, but I'm a bit scared to try it out on my own in case I get lost :p

Food today, I'm thinking I'll have soft boiled eggs with soldiers in a mo. I'm not too sure what to do for dinner as it's just me. I will maybe just do what I was planning anyway; garlic lemon chicken with bulgar wheat cooked in stock with tomatoes and onions, with some tzatziki on the side. My flatmate at uni, who grew up in Cyprus used to cook it, but I like to completely overdo the bulgar wheat so it's soft. I think it really annoyed her :p

i always cook bulgar wheat until its soft.. is it supposed to be hard? that sounds soooo wrong!

..when im not pointing i like it mixed with cucumber, tomato, olive oil, lemon, white wine vinegar and mint.. yum! :D

i always cook bulgar wheat until its soft.. is it supposed to be hard? that sounds soooo wrong!

..when im not pointing i like it mixed with cucumber, tomato, olive oil, lemon, white wine vinegar and mint.. yum! :D

Not hard, but you know how couscous is? A bit firm. I like it squidgy.

you mean totally beasted in a pan until its almost so soft you could drink it? ;) LOL x

Thanks for droppin in my diary :)

Sorry I've not popped in much (I keep writing 'poop' all the time, really must sort that out!) , have limited 'official' internet time as home one is down at the mo, so I get on at work as an when I unofficially can lol...

Hope you're continuing to settle in your new place,and woo on the M&S job :) Fingers crossed you hear back about the law stuff :) xx

Thanks for droppin in my diary :)

Sorry I've not popped in much (I keep writing 'poop' all the time, really must sort that out!) , have limited 'official' internet time as home one is down at the mo, so I get on at work as an when I unofficially can lol...

Hope you're continuing to settle in your new place,and woo on the M&S job :) Fingers crossed you hear back about the law stuff :) xx

No worries, I understand :)

I had what I said I was going to have yesterday, plus a small bowl of golden nuggets in the evening. My soft boiled eggs were really good! It was the first time my egg cups had been used for eggs, rather than as shot glasses.

Food today:

B - 2 x toast w/ peanut butter
L - 6 in sub, not sure which yet, but a low fat one. Might try the teriyaki, might just have normal chicken.
D - Pork chop, colcannon, gravy.

2:30 today is my M&S induction!

Back