Jess's Diary - Weighed in a day early..

M&S induction went ok. I was with 6 other people, mostly college students so 16/17. It was just sitting in a room sort of training today, but I think on Saturday it will be shop store training. Next week I have to go to Brighton (being taxi'd, feels very odd!) to be trained on the new till system they are bringing in in October. I get my discount card in a few weeks, so must try to resist the yummy foods until then. While there I saw a really nice fake fur coat so £75 and thought to myself "I could have that for £60" and it made me happy. Aaah, discount. Also, people, I learned that if you take a piece of M&S clothing to Oxfam you get a voucher for £5 off clothing if you spend at least £35. I have my uniform, just need to try it on. They had free cake in the canteen that was past it's sell by, but not use by, date. I can see it's going to be a nightmare! They also sell stuff they can't sell anymore to staff after 5, which I'm hoping I will be there for sometimes.

Yesterday I ate:
B - peanut butter on toast x 2
L - chicken breast sub with cheese and mayo/bbq sauce, packet of crisps, diet coke
S - tiny piece of cake (half a tiny slice), some jelly babies, piece of bread and butter
D - pork chop and colcannon with gravy

I ate quite a lot yesterday as I was starving. I wouldn't have had the jelly babies, cake and bread unless I was really hungry, but they only really took the edge off. I had a massive dinner as Adam always does too much mash, but I stopped when I was full and had loads left. I guess I'm sort of following what PMK says. Eat what you want, eat when you're hungry, stop when you're full. I weighed myself today and I'm down another 1.6lb since Monday making me 13 stone 3.2. I want to see the 12s so much, I want out of the 13s and never back in.

Dinner tonight is fish curry. I have a curry book and it has a basic curry in there which I'm making. It has a bit of oil in it, which I can probably reduce, but apart from that it sounds really healthy. I haven't eaten yet, seeing as I woke up at 11, but I will have an egg and salad cream sammich once I get off the PC.

If I ever lose my job, I want to work at M&S. A discount and free cake!? I'm there.
And I wouldn't even need to think about what to wear every day :D

I had a right chuckle at your egg cups comment. I'm the opposite - I don't have egg cups - but I do have shot glasses. Now what does that say about me?

Sounds all good at M&S Jess! Hurrah for you. Hope the other interview comes back with something positive aswell though, that law thing sounds great :)

Foodage sounding yumscious. Love colcannon! And I've never had a fish curry other than prawn, but love kedgeree so I reckon I'd love that. What fish did you use?

Hope you're having a lovely day chick :)

Fish Curry Sounds lush

glad induction went well Jess

Thanks Mumma K :)

If I ever lose my job, I want to work at M&S. A discount and free cake!? I'm there.
And I wouldn't even need to think about what to wear every day :D

I had a right chuckle at your egg cups comment. I'm the opposite - I don't have egg cups - but I do have shot glasses. Now what does that say about me?

I had shot glasses but they went walk about in the move (i.e. I threw them away planning to replace them and when I couldn't find them was like "whaaat? where are my frickin shot glasses?!").

There is also a free hot drinks machine with chocolate milk in.. eeek. Must resist.

Sounds all good at M&S Jess! Hurrah for you. Hope the other interview comes back with something positive aswell though, that law thing sounds great :)

Foodage sounding yumscious. Love colcannon! And I've never had a fish curry other than prawn, but love kedgeree so I reckon I'd love that. What fish did you use?

Hope you're having a lovely day chick :)

Thanks lovely :) I'm using cod because whenever I have cod and curry sauce from the chippy it just tastes immense.

Adam's going to pop to the supermarché on the way home from work and buy me some popadoms too.. lovely jubbly.

Ooh, I couldn't resist changing my ticker already to see if I'm out of the obese category and I am. Phew! Don't want to be in there ever, ever again.

Glad the induction went well Jess :) Sounds like working at M&S is going to have lots of lovely, if not some tempting, perks for you :) xx

Its going to be a testing time m&s goody -wise!!
All the stuff they will have in for xmas aswell!

Hey you can get all your xmas pressies from there too!

xx

Good idea Charly, but it might be that even with the discount it's more than I want to spend, haha. I think they do hampers, so those are good presents for my aunt/uncles/cousins etc as one per family.

I am having chippy chips tonight, om nom nom. I was going to have fajitas tonight as my online shop came this morning but they didn't bring my wraps. That Sainsbury's is really bad at online shopping, I'm missing about 5 things every week and the last two I used would only occasionally have an item missing. I had to stop them sending replacements as they'd send stupid ones, like sweetner tablets instead of sweetner powder, rather than a different brand of powder. Can't make BBQ sauce with that! Plus they'd send really expensive alternatives. Last week I got loose red onions, but this week no.. Surely they wouldn't be sold out in the morning? When I get my discount I might just do my whole shop in M&S, surely it can't be more than 20% more expensive that Sainsbury's? Anyway, I was looking forward to having a really delicious dinner so we're going to try the final chippy that's around here :p I'm just going to have a fruity falafel burger in pitta with low fat houmous for lunch and nothing else today.

I'm down another pound today, I can't resist changing my ticker, but from now on only on Mondays! :)

Last edited:
That is the one thing I hate about online grocery shopping
the fact they send random replacements
I once had a beef lasagne sent in replacement for a bag of potatoes
I mean come on ludicross

Seeing as you were kind enough to drop in on me I thought I would finally return the favour and stop lurking in your space.

Well done on dropping out of the obese category I'd be singing and dancing over that one.

And on the subject of random replacements in online shopping, I've never tried it myself cos I like to shop but a friend of mine ordered tena ladies and got chocolate cup cakes instead - much tittering over that one. Me thinks the packer had a good sense of humour

Have a lovely weekend

haha thats good! to be fair, if id been doing the online shopping i wouldve put tablets instead of powder.. as i wouldnt have realised you would use it in a sauce.. i wouldve just assumed it was for tea / coffee.

glad your induction went well :) x

I'm using cod because whenever I have cod and curry sauce from the chippy it just tastes immense.

I AM SO GLAD SOMEONE ELSE HAS COD & CHIPSHOP CURRY!!!! :D:D:D

Ooh, I couldn't resist changing my ticker already to see if I'm out of the obese category and I am. Phew! Don't want to be in there ever, ever again.

And bloomin good on ya! I'll be joining you in about 25 stone time haha!!

Hope your weekend is a good one!!

I weighed myself today as l have to be at work at 7am tomorrow so probably won't have time tomorrow. 3lbs down since Monday :) only 1.9lbs until I'm back in the 12s. Got my first walk back from the bus stop tomorrow, so that should help.

First proper day today and it went fine. I hate being new at things though.

Had some crisps and a regular sized choccy bar today. It was a nice treat! Back to watching what I eat now tho. I've heard something about WW changing points in November. Anyone know anything about it? I might give it a go.

Anyway, on my phone so will catch up with diaries later this evening.

Going well Jess!!!

Yeah i've seen wee snippets on here of folk talking about a new plan....i should probably stay for the class next week and might find out about it then. hehe!!

xx

Mommy b knows all about the changes to ww jess.

Ive seen an amazing pair of leather gloves in m&s with a little animal print zip detail that opens a bit to reveal more animal print fabric they are £25 so getting my sister to buy them me for xmas!
x

Well done on the 3lbs off , fab :) :) xx

Hi Jess

How's everything going hun
booked the tickets yesterday hence the phone call
but didn't remember you were in having some M&S
training silly me
never mind Adam answered it for me in the end speak soon

I got an interview for the job I did an aptitude test for :) I've never done a professional interview before, where they ask interviewy type questions.. anyone got any questions they ask in interviews? Eek! I'd love this job.

Back