Jess's Low GI Diary

jluk74

Thought I would keep track of what I eat to keep it all in one place and feel if I make the effort to do this each day it will help me stay on track.

Breakfast
kashi w/milk
cottage cheese

Snack
almonds

Lunch
turkey on wheat bread w/ ff cheese
olives
green beans
lettuce w/ ff dressing

Snack
none

Dinner
chicken
pasta
carrots

Snack
kashi w/ milk

They do make a Kashi puff cereal, but I eat the Kashi Go Lean. I'd put a link but I do not think I can ost them yet as I am new. Anywho, I love it. On my plan you can have it and I am happy I can as I have to have cereal in the morning and do not like all-bran which most plan say is ok.

Well yesterday went well. I even put in 30 minutes on my exercise bike something I have not done is ages.

Breakfast
kashi w/milk
cottage cheese
almonds

Snack
peach

Lunch
pasta
chicken
green beans

Snack
3 ryvita w/ a laughing cow wedge

Dinner
chicken
pasta
peas

Snack
almonds

Plus I take a cal/mag supplement and a multi-vitamin. Also drink only water, I have never been into "diet" drinks as I do not like the after taste they leave.

I started to keep track of what I eat via a facebook app, so I know how many calories I eat. I am still concerned at the number of calories as if my servings are too large I will not lose so I thought by keeping track I can see if I go wrong on anything. I am still weighing food also as I cannot get use to not doing it.

Hiya

Yeah thats a good idea. What app is that? I am on FB. Just be careful with nuts as its so easy to keep popping them in. I am terrible with nuts! What book you doing?

Hope you have had a good gi day!

x

The app on Facebook is called My Diet. You can enter info for foods as its a US based site and pretty sure they will not have UK foods, at least I have not seen any. All you need is calories, fat, protein and carbs. I have done this as what they have listed as a serving is not what I would eat, like pasta is 3/4 cup they have it as 1 cup. Just makes life easier. They also have a mass add feature that shows everything you eat as most peopel have the same things each day. Saves time when entering.

Anywho, after doing this for 3 days I am around the 1600 calories a day mark. Not to bad, esp since I am not hungry.

Today went well. Hubby is home today from his business trip so I spent some of the day cleaning up, would hate to have him come home to a mess.

Exercised 20 minutes on bike

Breakfast
Kashi w/milk
cottage cheese
peaches

Snack
spent the time cleaning so did not have one

Lunch
pasta
whole wheat bread
FF cheese
turkey
green beans

Snack
Almonds
cottage cheese

Dinner
chicken
rice
carrots

Snack
not sure not hungry now

That sounds like a really good App. Will look it up in a mo! Your day looks good and 1600 cals a day is good. You have about the same as me to lose. We can do it! I do intend to have christmas off but sticking to it till then. I dont drink so that wont be a problem so its just naughty food! Cant wait to fit into some smaller clothes I have.

Have a good gi day :) xx

All I can say is I want to do over yesterday. I went off plan totally, family troubles that could not be avoided. I still kept track of what I ate and it topped out at 2592 calories. But when I entered in the exercise I did in the morning before my day fell apart I did burn 153 calories more than I ate. So its not a total loss, yet I did not eat low GI. And I feel bad for it. I am tired and slugglish.

I am back on today and happy I am. I already feel better.

I won't give my list of what I ate as it was so bad that I would not want to tempt anyone.

hiya matey, I was bad yesterday too! Well a bit bad... how funny. I am back on today too. Must have been a day for badness!!!
xx

I am so exhausted. We went shpping yesterday and my legs are still killing me after a nights sleep!

Breakfast
none

Lunch
2 strawberry lemonade
pasta
2 breadsticks

Dinner
none

Snack
kashi w/ milk

I was so tired when I got home I did not have dinner but had cereal before bed as I knew if I did not eat something I would over eat today. I did not follow plan but since I ate so little and walked miles I made up for it. Its so hard to find low gi foods when you go out to eat. Will have to do some diging and see what places have the best choices so when I go out next time I can pick a place that will offer me some good choices. Off to find oat bran today, the local stores did not have it so I am off to Whole Foods today.

Hiya

I think the only thing that can be stuck to outside the home is some protein and a salad or veg. Everything else is hard. I find this does not fit in with my life as easy as counting normal cals or points.

Well done on walking everywhere. I am sure that did loads of good

x

Yesterday went well. Did some more shopping so I walked a bit.

Breakfast
Kashi w/milk

Snack
none

Lunch
pasta
carrots

Snack
Apple Bran Muffin

Dinner
bread
pasta
tomato sauce

Snack
none

Went to Whole Foods and found my Oat Bran. Made the muffins and they are ok. Very dense and heavy. I will need to be very hungry as I ate half of one and was full. I looked for a few more recipies and hopefully will find one that is not so dense and heavy.

Hiya

Where did you get your recipe from? The apple pie cookies and pecan brownies are good from gallops book.

Well done on your loss this week. Cant remember if I said it yet. Sorry

Falling off the wagon would be nice, I have blown the wagon up! Yesterday was my birthday and next week is hubby's than the next day Thanksgiving. I know right now its going to be a hard week to come. I ate low gi, but serving sizes have been way off, and since I was a bit depressed a cheated a bit. I iwll continue to watch what I eat but know I am not going to be fully on plan. Why is food so good?

I know what you mean. I find it so hard. I hate the fact that food is lovely!! I am such a comfort eater :( oh well.. just do your best eh.. thats my problem - portions! HAHA

Back