Jess's Weight Loss Diary

SingerJess

Hi,

Today is my first day on the Slimming World plan. I am going at this on my lonesome as I am too poor/tight to spend money going to group or paying for it online.

This is just my way of keeping myself accountable throughout my journey.

Starting weight: 236lbs
Current weight: 232lbs
Goal weight: 150lbs

Weigh in day: Friday

Mini goal: Lose 2 stone before 2/6/2012 (holiday)

Breakfast: Nutrigrain bar (6.5 Syns)
Snack: Sushi (1.5 Syns), banana
Lunch: Ham sandwich, grapes
Tea: Slimming World Potato and Chicken curry
Dessert: Kiwi fruit, 10cal jelly (0.5 Syns)

Total Syns: 8.5

Can someone point out Healthy Extras please? I'm not sure for definite what they are and if I'm having them...

Good afternoon.

I did my weigh-in this morning. 16stone 8.75pounds. And it's going DOWN DOWN DOWN!!

Haven't eaten meals today :/ Just eaten things - Not sure if thats good or bad.

Raisins
Slice of wholemeal bread with 2 slices of ham and one sliced tomato
5 Strawberries
Kiwi fruit
Carrot sticks

But I am cooking a Rosemary Conley recipe (Cajun Chicken Casserole) with Slimming World chips for tea.

Also, I've been decorating for an hour today. And am about to do Zumba on the wii. Was thinking of going for a power walk later too.

Cajun chicken casserole was amazing!!

Only had breakfast (scrambled eggs with a brown roll) but just keeping myself on track by updating now.

Planning om having Slimming world burger and chips tonight. Definitely a Saturday treat :)

Stuck to plan all day :) proud of myself.

Heard I can get vouchers for Slimming world on nhs, not sure if its true or not.. hope so as I could do with some help.

Well I am proud. Sunday = Roast dinner day. But I stuck on plan. I avoided the stuffing, yorkshires, and had just a touch of gravy. Plus I didn't have pudding after! Go me. I did have roasties though - but made them same as I do the chips (just roastie shape) - so they were also syn free. Celebrated my success of conquering the Sunday Roast by sticking 50p in my success jar - and NOT with a biscuit/ice cream like I used to.

The Success Jar

I feel I should write about this.

Every day I stay on plan I add 20p. Every time I have a mini success I stick in 50p. Everytime I lose 10lbs I stick £5.

When I am at my target I will have ready saved money to treat myself to new clothes :)

SingerJess said:
The Success Jar

I feel I should write about this.

Every day I stay on plan I add 20p. Every time I have a mini success I stick in 50p. Everytime I lose 10lbs I stick £5.

When I am at my target I will have ready saved money to treat myself to new clothes :)

That's an excellent idea!! Hubby said when I started that for ever 1pound I lost he'd save £5 for clothes shopping for me. Week 1 I lost 7lbs and he said 'i'll have to owe u' hehe.
He has since bought me a tone table which was expensive but this summer I'm aiming to cash in my clothes money hehe :)

Was Reading yr diary. I'm not sure about the raisins, they're not free and not a good use of syns I think.

Hex b can be 2 x wholemeal slices of bread from 400g loaf or a small roll - other hex's r avaliable like cerial and cerial bars, crackers etc. Search on here and I'm sure there will b a thread!

Any more questions just ask or search on here. Read through plenty of diaries for help too :) x

Oh. Thats a shock - why aren't raisins syn-free? I thought they would be. Do you know the Syn value for them? Because if I have cereal I put them on everyday!!

Breakfast: Fruit and fibre w/skimmed milk (HexB?-getting head round this healthy extra malarkey)and come raisins how many syns?)

Lunch: Chicken, carrots, broccoli, roasties (made same way as syn-free chips...syn-free?) bit of gravy (syns?) and parsnips.

Tea: will be salad made with leftover chicken from lunch or maybe some pasta - depends how hungry I am. Might go for some fruit instead...

28g is 4 syns on all plans. I think t's cos there is no water in it so body treats it differently.
Not worth it in my book but that shouldn't stop u! :) I also don't know of 28g is a lot or not!! Lol x

Ah ok. Maybe they're not worth it after all! I'll start defrosting blueberries or raspberries for my cereal instead.

Btw, this may sound strange but are bananas syn-free. Because I know they're high in carbs, and alot of other diet plans tell you to avoid or limit them. Only I love bananas! And if I can eat them everyday on this plan I'll be such a happy bunny lol. (and no - I don't get out very much...)

SingerJess said:
Ah ok. Maybe they're not worth it after all! I'll start defrosting blueberries or raspberries for my cereal instead.

Btw, this may sound strange but are bananas syn-free. Because I know they're high in carbs, and alot of other diet plans tell you to avoid or limit them. Only I love bananas! And if I can eat them everyday on this plan I'll be such a happy bunny lol. (and no - I don't get out very much...)

Lol they are syn free :-D I have one everyday - until I've eaten them all! Sometimes twice a day! I love them too! :) x

Hahaha apples and bananas are my fave!

Finally realised that my weight loss isn't just reliant on food and exercise. It's about dealing with all of the things that have happened to me in the past, and finding the thing that kick started my weight gain and my obsession with eating. I think about food all day long. And there are so many more important things in life. This weight loss is about finding my self confidence again. Showing myself more respect. And realising that I am important. I'm just as important as anyone else. (I'm actually welling up writing this) and I deserve the best - to be beautiful, happy and loved.

Well hello there!

This morning I had to drag my bottom out of bed at 5:20am, after only 5 hours sleep. So am a little tired. But I spent a bit of time on, wait for this....ME!! last night. Basically, I started a diary (a private one) for the first time ever. In it I have started setting myself tasks for each day - some which are for my health, others which are to make me feel good. So last night I wrote down 10 things I like about myself. For a very unconfident person that was difficult. But I managed 10.

Today I have set myself the following tasks:
- Drink only green tea and water all day
- Put the C25K podcasts on my MP3 player
- Make a doctors appointment to find out about free SW vouchers
- Stay on plan

And this morning I feel surprisingly chirpy! So I'm at work now, I start in 45 minutes. I work in McD's, so thought I'd get myself a bit of breakfast. I went for porridge, bottle of water and a fruit bag, which makes a nice change to the usual S+E bagel, hash brown and cappuccino. I don't feel over full and sluggish, just right, full of energy and ready to go. :)

I made my doctors appointment - 4:30pm on Wednesday.
Stayed on plan (so far)
Only drank water today.
Just about to try and figure out how to put the podcasts on my MP3 player off itunes. :-/

Cannot for the life of me work out how to get my podcasts onto my mp3, HELP PLEASE!

Had noodles for tea (the thick udon ones that go straight in the wok) with chicken, chickpeas, peas, red peppers, soy sauce, a chilli, garlic, spring onions and a little tomato sauce. I dunno how to work the syns for that...help would be great.

Back