Jezebella's Journal

SPOOKY

I had my own restaurant when I was young - my Mum bought it for me when she and I were both suffering from relationship difficulties.
One of the main things (and there have been so many) I have learnt doing LL is
not to blame my Mum for my weight difficulties. She's been part of the equation but as our LLC said "did anyone force the food into your mouth?"
If my Mum were ever to read this she would not believe that she had had any influence over my weight issues through my life. She wouldn't recognise it at all.
Maybe it's all in my head.:confused:

Ha, another snap!! I tried at some point to discuss with my mom the diets she put us on as kids - she was really offended. So I dropped the conversation as I could see it was not going to head anywhere positive, we were both seeing it from different sides. Better for me to move on and come to my own resolution, and yes, not to blame anyone at all for me putting food into my mouth!!

Jez
xx

yeah i have to agree
i think this LL diet has made us see the light
and that food is not important
i remember sitting in front of the t.v with desserts and stuff but now ill have a pint of water which will fill me up :)
i personally think im gonna go 99.9% HEALTHY healthy HEALTHY :) the 0.01% might be a lil oopsie daisy

RTM Day 28 (Week 4)

The recipes oh the recipes!!! Food is just too good at the moment. Today was fab, slept in till about 9:30, coffee and kitty cuddles till just after 10 then headed out to drop some books at the charity shop and pick up a few bits and bobs.

Had a gorgeous apple for breakfast - they are so sweet and juicy at the moment, really worth eating and it filled me up nicely. Came home at about 1 and did some housework - lol had to be done!! Then had a proper pamper session. Am leaving the pedicure till tomorrow evening but have put treatment on my nails in readiness and did the pummice, so they are as soft as a babies bum!!! Had a great afternoon, reading my RTM book and doing a few excercises. Lunch was my LL Mushroom soup - really warming as it had got quite cold in the afternoon. Listened to the first and second LL CD and did the relaxation. Not as good as the Paul Mc Kenna deep relaxation,but good if you only have a short amount of time. My sis got home at about 5 and we sat and planned for tomorrow, the start of week 5!!!! Have put my special bottle of wine in the fridge, but will wait to see how I feel. Am also hoping not to be dissapointed when I do try it. Still not sure about fitting in all this food 2 protein meals now and snacks and 2 packs - still have to try. What sort of level's of calorie intake were you all on at this point RTM'ers ?

I found some lean turkey mince at Sainsbury's today, so decided to try a meal with that. Tonight's extravaganza was Mexican spiced turkey burgers with Rainbow salad.

Basically, lean turkey mince, with some onion, garlic, chili, fresh coriander, cumin, smoked paprika and lemon zest. Bound this with one egg. Sealed it in a hot pan then baked in the oven.
Salad was scrummy, iceber lettuce, tomato, cucumber, celery, red, yellow and green pepper, red onion and fresh coriander in lime and coriander dressing. Popped the turkey burger onto this and added a dollop of fat free yoghurt. Awesome stuff!! If anybody wants exact quantities for these recipes just let me know.

Pud was perfect for the weather, My sis made baked fruit with cinnamon - plum, nectarine and apple which we had with a spoon of FF Custard. OOOH it was soooo awesome, words cannot explain.

Having a hot shake to take to bed and a nice long sleep before tomorrow starts!!

I had such a lightbulb this afternoon!! I realise at the moment, for the most part - apart from moments like yesterday,when I had the salmon. I feel no guilt after eating. Before everythign was tinged with guilt and it made me feel awful. No wonder I feel so much lighter of heart these days!!

Jez
xx

Amazing isn't it Ken.Why couldn't we have worked it out for ourselvs before?
Hurrah.We've got it now.
Here's to our healthy slim futures.

Jez ive always found when we go on the guilt trip it triggers us to do it again and again, and makes us fall back, but we cant dwell on that and just have to move on like you have done and that meal tonight sounds fab :) you tried pink lady apples?

SB - i have to say i have no idea why it didnt trigger earlier, but at least we now know food is not the be all end all :)

Lol Ken that was the very apple I had for my brekkie!!!! I love them, have a whole selection at home, granny smith, pink lady, cox pippin and royal gala - Yay Apples.

Jez
xx

mmmm Pink Lady apples :)

I like Cox too but that sounds so wrong! lolol

Ops

mmmm Pink Lady apples :)

I like Cox too but that sounds so wrong! lolol

Ops

im sure you do kat LMAO

Yeah Pink lady apples are just so mmmmmm juicyyyy

oh goodness we are going to the gutter! lolol

I do like a nice pear too ;) xx

the wedding i went too today
they had a massive table with just fruit cut up from pineapples, mangoes, apples, melons, kiwi, strawberrys, blueberries
it was amazing jez you would have been in heaven im telling you

BL seems a bit quiet too. xx

Hi lovey - I am still here! :D

I have not realy been doing much posting, as when my neck is dodgy, its difficult to spend to much time on the old laptop - never find a comfy whay to have it and type for long, so just been hitting a few drive-by postings as and when.

Glad you are doing well - I want to reread this conve you and SB are having as I know SOme of it rings true for me to.

WIll catch up soon!

xxx

Hi Jez, just wanted to say hello. Not been around much this last week, but you seem to be having a great time. I'm a great believer in being positive. What we put out there (into the universe) we get back, and sometimes tenfold. Since I started thinking this way (after reading quite a few books that all said the same thing in different ways), my life has turned around. Negative nasty people put out negative nasty vibes, and they get negative nasty things in their lives. So I'm not surprised you're noticing life being a more upbeat place, you're a ray of sunshine in it....:D

Hi Jez, just wanted to say hello. Not been around much this last week, but you seem to be having a great time. I'm a great believer in being positive. What we put out there (into the universe) we get back, and sometimes tenfold. Since I started thinking this way (after reading quite a few books that all said the same thing in different ways), my life has turned around. Negative nasty people put out negative nasty vibes, and they get negative nasty things in their lives. So I'm not surprised you're noticing life being a more upbeat place, you're a ray of sunshine in it....:D

totally agree with that :) couldnt have put it any better myself
and trust me on this journey you do get a handful of jealous/envious people especially ones you called Friends, but allow that, thats another chapter and in the past, away with the old and in with the new i say :)

Hear Hear

Couldn't agree more, butit can bea shock to realise people you thought were true friends for years turn out to be people who only like having a "fat friend" :sigh:
Happened with 2 of mine. I'll be receptive if they get over it, but our friendships will never be the same. Really disappointing as I truly value my friends.

RTM Day 29 (Week 5)

Thanks so much everyone for the lovely posts!! really do appreciate them and it makes this a bit less like a dull diary!!!

Day 29 wow, and into week 5. Looking forward to class tomorrow, think I might have lost a bit, which would be great. Just want another pound or 2 off to cover my skinny arse for trigger weeks - lol so not going to be a lard arse again!!

So today is supposed to be 2 packs, 2 protein meals and snacks. Really finding it very hard to get my head around this one. It just seems like too much. I am only starting to get used to the amounts I have been eating. I was full of plans for breakfasts etc, and had planned on a shake early on, then a snack of yoghurt and fruit at 11, a protein and salad lunch, fruit later and dinner this eve with my jelly and a hot shake. (see what I mean, it seems like tooooooooo much food)

Today did not go as planned. First off, I was not really hungry at all. Slight twinge at 6:30am but that soon dissappeared and didn't think about food further. Busy morning with lots of meetings and people visiting I had to spend time with. Managed to get a hot banana shake in at about 11:30am. Delicious and very warming because today it was freezing in that building. Carried on with work as I had to elave slightly early to get to a doctors appointment. Realised it was 2pm and I still hadn't eaten anything further, so grabbed a vanilla yoghurt and had that before the drive. Finally got home at 5pmish and got stuck into the housework. Then realised I actually needed some food, so had some of the left over turkey burger with lettuce and fat free cottage cheese, drizzled with a bit of salsa, followed by a jelly. Not sure if the burger was better hot or cold - but damn it was good!!! Had great plans for dinner tonight, so got stuck into the cooking.
Dinner was a Beef and Root veg casserole with celeriac mash and mange tout.

Basic recipe is as follows:
chopped onion, garlic, fresh thyme and bay leaf, sauteed with a little water, add 2 tsp tomato puree and the strips of beef fillet (you can use any type of beef, but it will need much longer to cook) once the meat is browned off add some fresh beef stock and start to simmer. Add some wild and button mushrooms, some blanched baby carrots, cooked peeled baby beetroot, and some blanched parsnip. Season to taste with a little salt and pepper and allow to reduce until veg is tender and beef is soft. To finish add 2 tbs well reduced beef stock, 1 tbs wholegrain mustard and 1 tsp balsamic vinegar - the quantity I made is enough for 8 portions. To go with this celeriac and horseradish mash. Peel, dice and cook celeriac in boiling salted water until soft, pour off the water and mash, then blend with a stick blender, season with s&p, add 1 tbs extra light philly cream cheese with chives, and 1 tsp horseradish. Serve a spoonful of this with some of the casserole and some fresh mange tout!!

So wintery and yummy, the other thing I noticed is how much fuller it made me feel because of the carb element. And I still feel full now. Have some butternut soup made for tomorrow at some point and am going to try parsnip and sweet potato "chips" with dinner tomorrow night. I am also planning to slice some parsnip, butternut, beetroot and sweet potato very thin, sprinkle lightly with salt and spices and dry them out in my veg dehydrator - this will make brilliant crisps to have as a veggie snack with some fat free dip. Saving pud for a bit later, but we have made a plum and pear compote which we will have with some yeo valley fat free vanilland half a peanut bar sprinkled over it. Will have the other half a bar later with a coffee if I can squeeze it in.

I have noticed now that I really am into the black coffee, as poured a white one accidentally today and almost spat it out!! Was not what my mouth was expecting. Tea with milk is great as is a latte or another "treat" type coffee. But better to save those for high days and holidays.

Now the wine. I was still undecided but thought I would have a taste. With great ceremony and reverence I poured about 50ml into a lovely glass. Took about 20 minutes to get around to the idea of drinking it- was more than happy to sniff it. Had a sip and sadly, it did not taste as good as I wanted it too. So had another sip to make sure and then put the rest away. Sad but true :/ I really wanted to enjoy it. I wanted that explosion of sensation in my mouth like I get with food. But perhaps it is a good thing, not a bad one.

Will try to be better tomorrow with food and timings - I still seem to cram too much in to the later hours. But at least I am coming home, and cooking every night and really enjoying what I am having. So as with everything in RTM 2 steps forwards followed by 1 step backwards - we will get there, it just takes a bit longer than we expect.

Jez
xx

Just like me with the wine

I was so looking forward to it. What a disappointment. I can take it or leave it now even my ususal favourites.
Champagne seems to suit me best nowadays.
:party0036:

Lol, I have loads of bottles of that lurking - perhaps you and BL should come over and we could crack a bottle together!! I could never finish 1 on my own ;P

Jez
xx

Back