Jezebella's Journal

Hi Jez - Again, a marinade recipe I will pinch to use myself. Sounds delicious.

For me, maintenance is all about putting the lessons taught in abstinence into practice. You seem to be listening to your body and making adult decisions. Just recognising that the rebellious child may be at play shows a good self awareness.

I can't believe its four weeks since we met up! :eek: Where does the time go?

Looks like I may be in Glasgow October 29/30th. I'll see if Morticia is about then.

Good Luck Ken

Cannot wait to hear how it goes for you, you must be so excited!!!

Jez
xx

Thanks and yeah looking forward to it big time :) just that I'll be able to eat with family :) the thought of salad and steamed/grilled chicken is good for me :)

Jez! Haven't been around much the last week or so but you are doing brilliantly and your exciting food choices and combinations never fail to amaze me.
I get fruit from Friday which I am quite looking forward to but also a bit concerned (esp. about grapes) so I will see how it goes.

Hi Jez, just checking in, not been around much to read/post this last few days. Just wanted to say hi and delighted to see you're sailing through this. Can't believe you're on week 3 already, and I'm just about to go into week 10....gosh how time flies...:D

RTM Day 23 (Week 4)

I am overenthused with life atm!! Had a wonderful group tonight even though there were only 3 of us there. So good to share stories, achievements, the good and the bad. An talking about the good made me realisehow far I have come. I still have a lot of work to do, and it is obviously going to be something I will have to be conscious of for the rest of my life. I do think it will get easier, but one should never be ambivilent about it. I am still amazed on a daily basis that I fit into such small clothes, and the many compliments have been fantastic. Food wise it is a revelation to me. Lovely filling meals cooked in a different way, new tastes, and the fact that my tastebuds have totally changed. It is all so positive. Perhaps, because of my newly found positive attitude, people are responding differently to me and my life in general just seems like a much happier, brighter and easier place. I am finding the hard stuff in life easier to manage beacuse of how I am feeling and in turn it doesn't feel so bad! Total Win/Win situation.

Food wise today:

Black coffee as usual, breakfast just after 10 of a peach chopped into a vanilla muller light, with half my peanut bar sprinkled on top of it- sheer bliss!

I noticed I was hungry at about 1pm, so took this as real hunger - still not sure I enjoy having the hungry feeling back. Had a really nice snack of salad with some fat free dressing whilst everyone ate steak, chips and salad! Had my other half a bar with a cup of tea with skimmed milk late afternoon - really nice and treaty in this miserable weather. It wasn't too cold today but the rain and the wind made it feel really autumnal.

At class I had my first STS. A bit of a bummer, but then realistically, it was bound to happen sooner or later. And I might have a little more drop off in the next week. Not entirely sure how I feel about it all, but will give it some thought over the next few days. My calories are up a bit currently between 8 and 900, but LLC seems to think this is fine. I have not eaten off plan once, portion sizes are not huge, and I think because I am varying my foods so much I am getting a good range of vitamins and minerals :)

Dinner was Mustard, Lemon and Dill Salmon with a trio of greens. Totally yummalicious :) Salmon fillet seasoned with s&p squeeze of lemon juice, some lemon zest, chopped fresh dill and a tsp of wholegrain mustard. Grilled this in the oven and served with shredded savoy cabbage steam fried with a little marigold in water. Leeks done the same way and some baby leaf spinach popped in the pan with lemon zest, garlic and a tsp of fat free fromage frais at the end. 20g red pepper, pan seared as the garnish and another tsp of fromage frais over the top of the salmon.

It was so pretty on the plate and absolutely delicious - who would have thought leeks were so sweet??? The cabbage was crunchy and fresh, and the spinach zingy and refreshing which went beautifully with the melt in the mouth salmon. Finally got my apple pud. 1 apple, peeled and cored, popped on a baking sheet with a sprinkle of cinnamon,mixed spice,orange zest and a little cloudy apple juice poured over them. Slow baked and had these warm with some of the Sainsbury's BGTY fat free custard. Words can't describe how good it was (hahahaha I seem to say this a lot of late, but I mean it every single time)

Out late at work tomorrow night, made a batch of fat free ratatouille which looks lush and will probably have that with some chicken and salad.

Well must pop off and make my vanilla shake, gotta try an early night, overslept this morning!! EEEK. It is the dark wintery mornings.

Back again tomorrow with more foodie ramblings

Jez
xx

Hi Jez,
Lovely to hear you so positive.
Ihad a similar experience. I'm now convinced people react to our mood and general demaeanour. If we give out happy positive vibes it seems to be what we generally get back.
I have a much lighter spirit these days and it has a knock on effect. There is much less tension in my home and in my head.
It was a shock to realise what I always thought was other people's unreasonable behaviour might probably have stemmed from my own inner anger and frustration with myself!
Light bulb moment for me

Absolutely and something we ended up discussing in group tonight. I am just so pleased that every day is not the drag it once was, and that I see things in a better light. I feel I have the power to turn things around in my life now, and LL is what I have to thank for that. It started with turning me around and now it is all clicking into place.

Jez
xx

Loving the positivity ladies!!! I am going to soak some of it up as I have been feeling pretty rubbish with my neck, et al.

Home again today. I jt can;t hold my head up. Before LL, it would have been shame. :D Now its just pain. lol Not sure which is better. Oh wait a minute - yes I am. ;) :D

Doing so well Jezz....loving your enthusiasm and delight at the nes flavours rentoruduced. It is a fun part of the plan. Keep going!

YOU ROCK!!!! :D

I have a much lighter spirit these days and it has a knock on effect. There is much less tension in my home and in my head.
It was a shock to realise what I always thought was other people's unreasonable behaviour might probably have stemmed from my own inner anger and frustration with myself!
Light bulb moment for me

And one of the things I have realised quite recently too! I am a happier, brighter person to be around. My house is a happier place and there is more energy and enthusiasm for life in general!

BL - hope your neck gets better very soon.

Jez - keep this up and you will be in a beautiful place running your own successful business VERY soon.

xx

*Runs around the house waving his arms like a wild child*
Im doing RTM now
a fabolousa loss this week 6lbs :) and im doing RTM :) Wahey

Ken - That's fabulous - well done you!!!!

Ken are you going to keep an RTM log on here too?

Kat xx

Yep i will be doing a journal aswell :) for you guys to read :)
it just feels so damn good

Fab Ken - I look forward to reading it!

<sings> and I'm feeling goooooddddddd :)

Kat xx

RTM Day 24 (Week 4)

Firstly, congrats Ken, so happy to welcome you to the RTM club and very much looking forward to reading your RTM diary. Let us know how the first meal was.

Today I am feeling a little sorry for myself, woke up, feeling knackered, these long shifts are killing me atm. Left the house at 6 in the dark and rain, and on the drive when my brain kicked in I realised that after sneezing most of yesterday, I now had a nasty sore throat to boot and was feeling decidedly unwell. Alas with no sous chef to cover me and not enough chefs at work atm for the work we have on and all my tasting and other event commitments there was no way I could have a day off. Just going to have to keep plodding on until Sunday. At least Saturday I get a lie in :) I have really noticed today that how I felt has affected how much I want to eat, and that nasty little chatterbox was out in full force yacking away in my ear most of the day. Luckily he was put firmly back in his box!!!!! Go willpower and wanting to do the adult thing. In retrospect, not wanting to taste was so much easier in abstinence, now becaue I am actually eating food, it feels much harder to resist. But am I loosing the new wardrobe and the fab new figure - HELL NO!!!

Usual black coffees to start the day and a cup of tea at around 9am with a bit of milk. Brekkie at 10 which was abfab!!! Half an apple baked off with skin on sprinkled with a bit of cinnamon and 15 ml of pure apple juice served nice and warm with a vanilla muller light, 10 raspberries and about 10 blueberries. Felt like a really lovely wintery treat on such a chilly wet morning. Did not start to feel any hunger pangs until after 1pm and thus far the day was going quite well so it was obviously real hunger and not stress related. Had my LL Thai soup pack at 2:30pm just before I headed off to the event. Stuck in London traffic in the rain, getting really delayed, having to detour because of damn road works and the stress started. Got there half an hour after we should have and had to rush to get outmess done for 5:30 pm. Managed to get that sorted. Then my boss was all fo a stress because this is another place we are tendering for for a full time contract, and livery halls are very specific!! Very full of history and how things need to be done. Imagine, dear reader, if you will how things work for state banquets. All very full of protocol and specifics. Because she was stressing she was being very pedantic and really started winding me up. I had taken some chicken to cook and my ratatouille with the intention of eating either shortly before or shortly after service. Because I was late in eating before wasn't an option. According to the schedule , dinner was to be served at 7:15 which would have meant a nice relatively early night - it was only 70 odd people. Got ourselves sorted, and ready to go and pah, 8 people were delayed and so we waited and waited and waited. Only started service 45 minutes after we were due to. Couldnt cook dinner whilst wating for service as they could have called to eat at any time. Had a jelly and 10 raspberries, to keep me going it was now nearly 8 and I hadnt had anything since the soup pack. The smells of the food tonight were amazing, a lot of my favourite things. Starter of Smoked trout with a new potato, creme fraiche and chive salad and black pepper tuilles. Confit duck leg ( which we do ourselves and is rich, gorgeous and about a days calories in a tiny bite) on savoy cabbage with boulangere potatoes and spiced cherry preserve. Pud was a plum and apple frangipane tart with rosepetal cream and warm plum and cinnamon compote. Cheese course was a goats cheese creme brulee with little crostiniFrangipane is another of my favourite things. I so wanted some of that duck, but made the grown up decision not to. The brulee also looked awesome and wanted that too. The more frustrated I got the more I noticed that I wanted to pick!!! I almost wanted to say "f**k it" It was also whilst we were waiting to serve with nothing to do. Finally finished and was waiting to leave, was really hungry now so had a small peach and a quarter of an apple. Granny Smith this time and so juicy and tasty. Thought it was better to have a little something before being stuck in traffic again.

Finally got home after a few more road diversions ( don't we all love thames damn water and the replacing of the victorian water mains!!) Was feeling even more grotty knowing I have another long day tomorrow and am still not going to get much sleep! My lovely, darling sister had got me flu pills, opened my bed for me and made the most divine dinner. A Cabbage and Ham hot pot. Just perfect for the weather, so filling and satisfying and really warming. Hit the perfect spot.
Basic recipe is as follows:
100g onion sliced
75g leek sliced
175g savoy cabbage sliced
320g lean gammon cooked and cubed
1 tin chopped tomato
2 sprigs fresh rosemary
2 cloves garlic
1tsp tomato puree

This was all slow cooked together and serves 2/3 - we have some nice left overs . And since this was made of left overs in the first place it really is very economy gastronomy round here. I really suggest you try this, it is the most gorgeous winter dish. Also works out at about 180-200 cal a portion.

Having a jelly quickly and a tub of weight watchers lemon cheesecake fat free yoghurt. Not sure if I will manage the shake. Hate the fact that I am having too many of my cals late at night. Didn't see a way around it though.

Thank you all so much for your kind comments btw, it means so much and it is so helpful to know I am keeping on track. Going to hop in the bath and try and get some of that positive attitude back for tomorrow.

Big kisses all

Jez
xx

RTM Day 25 (Week 3)

*Sneeze, cough, splutter* Well I definitely have a rotten cold - lol at least it is not the swine flu, but I can feel a chest infection coming on. Dosing myself as much as I can with lemsip pill type things and some cough mixture, if it gets worse I think I will need some antibiotics. One bonus with the meds is it seems to stop my appetite.

I was very busy this morning and had to get the train in, so left even earlier than usual. The coffee at least kept me warm whilst waiting on the platform in the dark and the rain. I was really busy this morning and totally forgot to eat breakfast till about 11:30am. Muller Cranberry/Raspberry with about 40g raspberries in it. At 1pm I raced off to the next venue to do a food tasting. Decided to treat myself to a skinny cappucino - I have always been more of a latte fan, but cappucino has far less cals. Went to a cafe Nero which was at the station, asked if they made skinny coffee with skimmed milk. The said yes they did, so ordered one with 1 shot of coffee only. The man pulls out semi skimmed milk. So I questioned him and a colleague about this "oh" he says, "we have run out of skimmed milk." His colleague a really nice lady, gave him a bit of a dressing down and asked how he could try and pass off semi skimmed milk as skimmed!! I then said "really sorry, I asked for skimmed milk, this is not what I want so you can keep it!" Wow can't believe I am so assertive! The other lady apologised again and said she quite understood. So I felt rather vindicated. headed off to another place and finally got what I wanted. At 4:30 when the tasting was done, I realised I should probably have a soup pack - vegetable, so sat and had that, but was not really hungry for it at all. Headed off to the next job and still didn't really feel overly hungry. Finally got home after half nine and my sister had yet again made a gorgeous dinner for us. Chicken breast stuffed with basil and extra light philly cheese, wrapped with bacon on a lovely saute of onions, mushrooms and spinach. From what little I could taste it was scrummy. Had an apple with my yoghurt and jelly tonight, and still debating having the shake, or trying to work out if I am too full. Still have not really felt hungry once today. I am also really wondering what I will do next week, when I am supposed to have 2 meals, snacks and 2 packs if I am battling to have both of them at the moment.

Well my lovelies, I should try and get some Zzzzzz in to feel well enough to work for tomorrow - no chance of time off, too much to do and nobody else to cover me.

Tomorrow will bring a more exciting post.

Jez
xx

:hug99::hug99:HUGGS Jez

It can't be easy to feel rotten and have to keep up the pace you do. Do get yourself a good rest when you can.

It really annoys me when people try and pass off an alternative item to the one you asked for. Well done for being so assertive. Quite right.

Your sis is lovely. Say hello from me. I like her recipe tonight with the basil. I don't make enough use of herbs and spices tending to stick to a very few favourites. I am learning a whole lot from you here. xx

Jez i am
nervous
about that 1st bite tonight damn
can't believe rtm has come
around so quick
but
I'll do an online journal for you ladies/guys to read through

RTM Day 26 (Week 4)

Wow, time is certainly flying, almost into week 5, really shocking. I am quite afraid of life outside the the safety of it. I think I will follow SB's example and keep going to meetings. It helps keep me on the straight and narrow, I love the interraction, and tbh, it gives me a dedicated night off work. They are used to me going now, so I see no reason to stop a good thing.

Long old day again today. Did not sleep well which was probably a combination of a blocked nose and the flu meds which even though I took the night time ones, seemed to keep me awake. At least it meant I managed to get up on time. Every cloud has a silver lining etc etc :)

Black coffee as usual on the way in. Slaved away over a very lush birthday cake, all chocolate, and then more chocolate and then still some more and gold dust to finish off. Really rather bling! Managed to squeeze in a Strawberry Muller light with a few raspberrys and a 1/4 of an apple. Bit annoyed I had to eat it quite fast, but at least I sat down to do it. Rushed off to the next job. Then 3 hours later rushed back to base. Closed the kitchen up and headed to the mighty Westfield to get to the iStore for my appointment ( lol re my dad's ipod shuffle - when will I learn not to buy him technology??) Did the naughty again!!!! but it was cheap and there was a further 20% off!! Realised whilst stuck in traffic that I hadn't eaten anything else, so nibbled on my bar - good thing too as my bag with my apple was in the boot and I was stuck in the most horrendous traffic for about 2 hours!! Every numpty decided this was prime driving time - lol all the eejits seem to come out in the rain, never quite sure why?

Was so relieved to be home at a reasonable hour for a change - if 7pm is reasonable, and not to have to get up at sparrowfart tomorrow. I am working but at least I start at 2:30. Dinner was the promised "Steak Night"

I had been promising my sister a steak, and obviously owed her big time for the 2 fab meals whilst I was working late. So the meal was as follows, Totally denuded sirloin, seasoned with s&p, thyme and a brushing of basting sauce , seared on a griddle and finished in the oven. Veg was some asparagus, roasted cherry tomatoes with balsamic vinegar, baby leaf spinach with some courgette and patty pan marrows (funny shaped little yellow courgettes for those that don't know them) and a lush portobello mushroom grilled with balsamic fat free dressing. Dry fried some spring onion with smoked garlic and a few wild mushrooms then added a little water and stock. Added a tbs of creme fraiche and the meat juices to make a little sauce for the steak. It was really good - lol just a pity I couldn't really taste it. Amazing that a big ole plate of food can contain so few calories!!!! Total for the meal was just 302.

Pud was an apple which I poached with the juice of a mandarin, some apple juice, vanilla pod, and cinnamon with some fat free custard and jelly. It was uber awesome. I am loving the cooked fruit. Will do some plums next week for sure. I have some nectarine, peach and a pear that are looking a bit soft, so plan to make a nice fruit compote with the apple cooking juice to stir into plain yoghurt for breakfast.

Was naughty by skipping my second pack again last night, but these pills have really taken away my appetite. I will absolutely sit up a bit so I can have one tonight. Feel really guilty, is it adult or rebellious child going on here. Or the honest fact that I feel too full?? Still really worried re next week and the extra meal. Am battling to fit it all in as it is. I am really looking forward to Sunday to listen to my new RTM CD and do some of the relaxation excercises, and just have a little me time. Seems like forever since I had a day just to myself, with nowhere to go, nothing to do. Am planning a lovely girly day, lie in, cup of tea in bed with Mrs Bigger by the Day Belly Lily. I feel bad for neglecting her so much. But how else can a girl pay the bills, especially when she has such a bad shopping habit?? Hehehehe I tell her every morning that "mommy is going hunting to bring back dinner" Going to do a little facial and some painting of toenails, maybe a bit of a manicure or pedicure. And a whole lot of lying on the couch! I feel absolutely shattered from this week. Sooooooo looking forward to this lovely day of me time!

Jez
xx

PS, Ken hope you ahve enjoyed your first meal, and TI thanks so much babe for the lovely words. Your friendship means so much to me.

xx

My 1st meal god damn
succelent grilled chicken topped with pepper mmm
lovely and abit of bolluion taste was divine and a lettuce leaf :) was enjoyable
but nerve wreaking at the same
time, I do prefer the food packs though so much easier to maintain lol
I'll learn
I'm
sure

Back