Jezebella's Journal

I am a bubbles girl mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm can't wait for those!

Kat xx

And i'm good at kidding myself................did it for 25 years !
I'm up for it. I bet BL you've not been to Borough Market. Is it open on Sundays Jez?:confused:

Ladies, lets make it a date! Borough Market is best on Fridays and Saturdays. Sundays usually closed I think, but will check it out. If you pm me when you are free in November we can meet up and have a morning food oogling and then crack a bottle of the fizzy stuff! After a very nutritious and light lunch. I would so adore to spend some time with you both!

Let me know when is good for you.

Jez
xx

RTM Day 30 (Week 5)

Tomorrow will be exactly 1 month since I started RTM, my gosh how time flies. Hard to believe that I was in Scotland a month ago, seems like it was years ago now, not just weeks. I was happy with my food times, and choices today for a change. Black coffee as per the norm then at 8:30 (my earliest yet) had a breakfast of a soft boiled egg with some sliced tomato. Really was yummy and I felt like I was joining in with the guys at work who also had boiled eggs, but toast not tomato. Mid morning at about 11:30 I had a tea with milk and half a large gala apple which I sliced up. Very sweet and juicy.

There was a small trauma at work, someone walked in whilst we were in the kitchen, went to the office and stole my work laptop!!! So a few calls to police and cctv cam company etc. Not much to be done but unsettling all the same. I cannot believe though that I so didn't react to the drama. Usually it would have been the hugest thing in my day, and would have required multiple calls to friends and panic, now it was just a small blip. Popped out to Argos to collect the soon to be birthing box for Ms Lily. Also had to pick up a new electric blanket for me, as my old one decided to die, and I get so cold these days that I need the bed to be warm when I get into it or I freeze all night. Then back for a bit more work and lunch at 2pm of my always favourite Thai Chili soup and a jelly with 2 tbs fat free vanilla yoghurt. Felt full and satisfied. Finished work and left a bit early, than goodness because there was an accident on the Westway so half the roads were closed and traffic was murder.

Quick pit stop at home for a change and then headed off to class. Was overjoyed to find a lady who I did foundation with who was having her first week in RTM, we had such a great time catching up. Have lots of other new RTM friends, one of whom is in the same industry as I and lives very locally, so we are planning an evening out sometime soon. Would be great to have some new friends who understand this journey. Most of the old ones will never really get it. And do find the changes in me, not just my body quite strange.I am no longer Miss Pushover, do what you want, when you want with no thought for herself!!

Suprise, suprise I had lost 4lbs this week. LLC was almost a bit annoyed, he had said last week I had lost enough and should try to up my cals. Well I have upped my calories loads, and am eating plenty, almost worry that it is too much. Anyway he said he wants to see a weight gain next week!! First time this has ever been said to me. Not quite sure how I feel about it. I feel happy as I am now, and wouldnt mind another 2 or 3lbs more, just to cover me in Trigger weeks. But I will attempt to eat even more in the coming week. The problem is, I don't think I should eat if I am not truly hungry. And I am trying so hard to only eat when I am hungry. The good news was he really praised me for my handling of the glass of wine last night. Felt really good after this.

Dinner was produced by Miss Bliss (the sister) and was a gorgeous meal of seared cannon of lamb (so not a gram of fat on it) with some of the ratatouille I made earlier in the week, mange tout and some sweet potato "chips" with cumin and a bit of creme fraiche to dip - absolutely divine!!

Pud was something we have planned for a while. An LL Black Forest pud. I found some black cherries in apple juice in the supermarket, so we heated some of those in the juice with a splash of brandy which we flamed. Served this with a blackcurrant sugar free jelly and the best Muller light yoghurt I have ever tasted - black cherry and chocolate, lol well the chocolate is really negligable, and no real taste of it. But the mental idea of Black forest pudding was fab. The yoghurt is also smaller than the usual mullers and only 98cal for a pot. Managed to eat quite early so will have a cold shake later. Feel proud of myself today, and sneakily happy about my loss, though I suppose I should feel a bit worried. I have lost nearly a stone in RTM , so perhaps it does need to slow up. Think the trigger weeks will sort it though.

A late night tomorrow at Tussauds, well not hugely late, but late enough so will try and have more snacks and then have dinner when I get home. Fish on the menu not sure what we will do with it, but mmm Yummmmmmmy.

Jez
xx

Oh My - the front of some people! Hope you didn't lose any stuff that wasn't backed up along with your laptop.

I'm sure it felt good to be joining in with the others at breakfast rather than being completely different.

Your continued losses are making me think carefully about when I start RTM. I will be weighing in tomorrow night and then not for two weeks as I'm on holiday next week YIPPEE! I'm going to get the RTM book to take with me and really try and get my head around refeeding. I'm obsessed with food magazines and cookery programmes and I think this is a bit unhealthy.

Your black forest pudding sounds delish. A noughties twist on the 80s fave!

And I LOVE lamb, but will have to learn which are the leanest cuts so I can enjoy free from calorie concerns. xx

Hey Darling, soooo good to hear from you, Dont worry I havent forgotten the Xmas things, only had one day off this weekend and was a bit poorly, but it is all there mulling around in my head and just needs putting on paper. The laptop had just been fixed and no back up!!! Arrrrgh, at least not much on there, and the reason I didn't damn well back up was that I damaged my memory stick and hadnt got around to getting a new one! Oh well some of it is on the K drive in the main office. The rest is gone. I was totally obsessed with food before I started RTM, hence all my jam making etc. When do you think you will start RTM? As soon as you are back from hols? I am not sure if my losses are good or bad. For me personally its good, I think if I have a bit of a buffer before the triggery stuff I will feel more in control. Also there are aspects of me that like the loss - lol we are all addicted to that high, and being realistic I am eating as much as I feel I can at the moment. I don't feel hungry and when I do I eat. I am probably scared of eating too much so stop as soon as I suspect I might be full. All a learning curve though. I will try and push for more calories this week. Just not sure when and where I should be adding them. How are the kids? I bet they are looking forward to the holiday, where are you all heading off to? Think I might plan a trip to Ballachulish for Jan next year, chilly but could be great fun. Or later in Feb after the Brits. I hear the snow is great on Ben Nevis then, so I might even have a try at skiing!

Have a fantastic day tomorrow hun and keep in touch.

Jez
xx

RTM Day 31 (Week 5)

Another day done, and very pleased to be home, was really not in the mood for hours and hours of work. Which was however pleasant enough, apart from a small blip of an absolute rollicking on the phone from my boss re the theft of the laptop yesterday (this and obviously WW2, global warming etc are all my fault!!) Silly woman she is just trying to shift the blame onto me and make it my problem. I was quite upset about it for a good hour or so, but then thought stuff it, I am not letting her ruin my day, her faults and weaknesses have nothing to do with me and so have tried to move on. Funnily it did not make me want to eat. :)

I have tried to up the cals today, and so far it is my highest day yet with just over 1000 cals, but I feel so full and bloated and almost disgustingly sick that I will definitely not have my second food pack.

The usual black coffee this morning, followed by a few more - I was absolutely frozen all day and could not get warm. Breakfast at about 10:30 consisting of muller strawberry with some of the plum and apple compote warmed up and 10 raspberries. I am loving the hot fruit/cold yoghurt thing. Finally got around to lunch at about 2pm although I wasn't really hungry for it, but attempted a protein meal which was 100g chicken done in the oven, 1tbs sweet potato puree a few roast button mush and 2 tbs stir "fry" of savoy cabbage, leek and courgette. By this point I felt even fuller. Had 2 cups of tea with milk during the day too. Headed off to the event just before 5 and by this time was so cold I could not actually feel my feet I was so cold! We popped into the starbucks which used to be an old tradition before we go to this venue, and I grabbed a skinny latte. I was so greatful for something warm. Will this feeling of being permanently cold ever go??? I am not even in ketosis anymore, I am still dying of cold all the time and winter hasn't even started yet!! Bring on the thermal underwear I say!! Not the sexy stuff I was planning for my new wardrobe but at least it will keep me warm.

My sis gave me a call at about 6 to see how I was doing and reminded me I had not only dinner still to eat but 2 packs too!! Thought oh well let me squash in a bar which I had with the rest of the coffee (toffee and coffee = good mix) Really didn't want to eat dinner but at 8 thought I had better as the event was running later than planned and I would be home after 10pm which would be very late to eat. Had some salmon with cajun spice done in the oven and served with some ratatouille and half a handful of fresh rocket with a squirt of fresh lemon juice. Very good, took a while over eating. Should I have eaten when I wasn't really hungry???? Hard to try and balance listening to one's body, and following the advice of my LLC to up the cals. Not really sure what the way forward is on this one?

Sister Bliss had made gorgeous apple compote to go with our evening yoghurt but I could not face more weightly food, so just had the yoghurt with some jelly instead. I now feel absolutely stuffed and that my stomach is about 10x bigger than normal. Not even sure if I can go to sleep on such a full belly. Perhaps tomorrow I will just try to eat what I am comfortable with instead of pushing myself to up and up calories. Or perhaps this is turning in to a bit of a dangerous addiction to weight loss and I am deluding myself???? Lol if any of you have the answers to these all important questions let me know. Thing is for the most part I genuinely don't feel massive amounts of hunger. Supposed to fit in another shake but there is no way I will manage it without puking. Am more than happy back on the water. Have not had any urges to try wine again, really don't seem to be missing it, just sad in a way because it has been such a big thing in my head and wine was really important to me in certain ways before LL. I knew I would give up food and that my tastes would change. I knew, too , that I would give up alcohol, but thought I could drink it again and still enjoy it. I will give it another try wne I am more in the mood for it. Wish I could sound more upbeat about my day, but really tired and bloated right now. So going to head to bed!!

G'nite all

Jez
xx

RTM Day 31 (Week 5)

Should I have eaten when I wasn't really hungry???? Hard to try and balance listening to one's body, and following the advice of my LLC to up the cals. Not really sure what the way forward is on this one?
xx

Jez - have you tried eating some more energy dense foods - can you add nuts or dried fruits to your meals? This might up the cals without adding to the bulk - and might keep you warmer too.

It's possible that a shortage of calories is contributing to you feeling so cold. xx

No pressure for the xmas ideas. Plenty time yet. If we get a cold winter there should be plenty snow around Ben Nevis. We had snow at the beginning of Occtober, but gone again now. Last couple of years Feb to May have been the best snow months. But the year before April was gloriously warm and sunny! Fickle weather.

There is a good chance of decent weather and snow in Feb and Ballachulish would be lovely at that time of year with the low light. Don't forget the daylight will be shorter than you are used to in London at that time of year. Payback is in the summer when daylight is virtualy wraparound.

This time tomorrow we will be kicking our heels in Gatwick for a few hours, but should be feeling the warm sun by teatime :D. Everyone excited about it. I've collected a big blue RTM book and will try and digest that over the holiday.

Didn't lose anything last night at LL wi:cry: but the scales this morning showed me two pounds down on yesterday morning :confused::confused: . Still - with two weeks to my next wi it should be a good one. I'm chilled about it.

Don't beat yourself up about not fitting in all the packs. You will work it out and it seems your lovely sis is a great ally. xx

hey jez
you are doing incredible :) its a great thing
i must say its even hard for me fitting in the packs im happy with a peanut bar, shake and meal, it fills you up beyond belief

RTM Day 32 (Week 5)

The journal, oh the journal, sometimes it worries me that I cannot find more exciting and interesting ways to start these posts, and that they all sound a bit blah blah blah and the same.

I weighed this morning and luckily was exactly the same as yesterday morning, so what felt like a huge intake didn't bring on a massive increase on the scales. Today felt better food wise, more in control not so scary, and I have managed to keep the cals up again today. I still feel very full and bloated, my stomach is so not used to it, but I did manage to spread the meals out a bit more. Obviously busy days at work will not make this easy, but if I can follow the 80/20 rule in this respect it will probably help to lessen the guilt when I don't get it right 100% all of the time. As LLC said, it does not have to be perfect in RTM, it just has to be good enough. Hard when you are a bit of a perfectionist! Still this is probably a very worthy lesson to learn.

So the most important part of the journal how the food went.

Usual black coffee or 4 in the morning (don't worry all teeny cups of instant not dong the strong stuff) Breakfast at 10:30ish of a Mandarin muller light, with 10 grapes, 10 raspberries and half a baby apple chopped up. I really am enjoying breakfast like this so much. I will attempt an egg breakfast again next week, or perhaps on the weekend. Made some gorgeous thick lightly curried butternut and sweet potato soup - almost like a puree. So at about 1:30 had some of that with a teaspoon of quark stirred in. Absolutely divine, very warming and very filling. I did not even miss the chunks of baguette that the others were eating with this. What did shock me, is that even thought they are men, they had more than 4 x the portion I did and then shared an entire long baguette between them (you know the ones, they can feed and entire family) - how did they fit it in. Had a jelly with 3 tsp of ff vanilla yoghurt for pud which I could probably have done without but I really fancied it. One cup of tea with milk late afternoon, then off to another meeting. On the way home at 6:30 I had my peanut bar in the car- gosh I really love those things!!! I must make sure I always have a few around.

Dinner was yet again made by the lovely sister bliss. We had the most stunning Spanish omlette, with loads of veg (asparagus, red onion, pepper, courgette and sweet potato) and shredded gammon. One thin slice of boiled gammon on the side with some leaf, grilled mushroom and grilled tomato. Loved this as it was light but filing at the same time. About an hour later I had a jelly with a fat free peach fromage frais. Made a nice change from the yoghurt. Cannot fit another thing in now, so yet again I seem to be skipping a pack:/ Tomorrow will try and stick to yoghurt for brekkie, Soup pack for lunch and then a snack in the afternoon. Dinner I haven't thought of yet, but am absolutely going to make a curry this weekend. We have also made a batch of fat free cole slaw to try, and perhaps have with some smoked fish or cold ham/chicken. I did also realise you could have a fab roast dinner at this stage of RTM obviously no potatoes, but who needs them when you have sweet pots, butternut, swede etc :)

I realised today that I still have not really thought of wine, let alone wanted any. Such a weird feeling. Yet I know I am also free to drink it.... Put together a nice pack of dried fruits and nuts for next week. Cant wait to make a lovely hot fruit compote with apricots etc and have that with yoghurt and sprinkled with a few nuts.

TI thanks so much for the kind words, I think seeds and nuts are not on till next week, but I am working on upping those cals. Hope you have a fantastic holiday and really enjoy the break.When you get back from hols, you will only be a short time away from RTM.

Very much looking forward to tomorrow afternoon - yay a whole weekend off!!! Going to do lots of nothing- and sleeeeeeeep. The chest infection is still lingering and a long sleep followed by a morning in bed will probably help with that.

Until tomorrow!

Jez
xx

Hi Jez,

When I was able to add in nuts and seeds I added them to salads and stir fry's and they helped up my calories as I was having the same problem as you. They also added a lovely little change with subtle flavours and I still add them to the occasional salad. Good luck with it all.

I had bread today for the first time...well wholemeal pitta...it was gorgeous. I've always loved wholemeal...even the smell of it is gorgeous. Going to have rye bread tomorrow....I really don't want to go back to any white over processed rubbish.

Have a good weekend....:D

I always liked rye bread and spelt bread :)

Kat xx

You're doing really well Jez.. I know I don't reply much at the moment, but I do read! Never feel like you have to make your posts "interesting" or whatever, after all - you're writing them for YOU! We're all only too happy to be let into someone's private world because it gives us a chance to reflect upon ourselves.

I know about the cold, the other day I was wearing 5 ... yes FIVE t-shirts, a pair of leggings + 2 pairs of long socks under my jeans; all under a coat and scarf and I was still freezing. Grrrr!

Indeed, next week start experimenting with seeds and nuts! They make a lovely addition to stir-fry's and such. Sesame seeds are wonderful to make a sort of "bread-crumb" layer to chicken or prawns/fish.
Personally, like you I still don't quite know how to get around the idea of 'Why should I eat if I'm not actually hungry?' ... and a lot of the time it just damages me in the end. Perhaps have a look at the times of day when you *are* hungry. If it's three times a day - then instead of trying to break your meals up into 5-6 mealtimes, combine them. Have two foodpacks at once (make them denser - into a mousse with some fruit sprinkled in?), or you could add some cut up vegetables to a soup foodpack to pack it out a little more for energy? So - less mealtimes, but more calorie dense (not volume dense). 3 mealtimes = around 300 calories per mealtime, and about 400-500 for dinner and dessert... which would be around 1100 for the day which is about right at this stage of RTM with a little lenient band for a couple of snacky bits in fruit and jellies.

:) Don't freak out too much. You're doing fantastically. x

RTM Day 33 (Week 5)

Thanks so much Min and Morticia for the suggestions and comments. I am looking forward to seeds and the dried fruit. Also things I never really bothered to eat before. The sesame on prawns etc sounds amazing!!! Also looking forward to having raisins with my apples and my breakfast yoghurt.

So today has been a very good day for me. Calories will be lower than yesterday and the previous day, but I feel a lot more comfortable with how I have eaten today. And certainly don't have the bloated feelings I have had earlier in the week. Min I think you are right, try to make things more calorie dense, but don't eat all the time. I unintentionally did this, this afternoon. So the usual huge amounts of black coffee... really am hooked on the stuff. Got busy making batches of food to keep in the freezer at work so I have some things available to eat when I need to. So ratatouille, soups (mushroom, tomato and a pumpkin and sweet potato) some apple compote, spiced plum compote and for next week some dried apricot compote (boiled them with orange zest, cinnamon, vanilla and tea) Then I got stuck into truffle making in a huge way, I was pretty much busy with chocolate and loads of brandy snaps for the rest of the day!! 9 different flavours of truffles. Forgot totally about breakfast then saw it was past 11 on the clock so had some warm apple compote, blueberries and a vanilla yoghurt. Followed this with a nice cup of tea with milk. Carried on with the chocolate and will admit to the tiniest of licks of 2 of the flavours. It was nice but not omg gorgeous. I have never really had a mega thing for chocolate though. I am more savour than sweet. Also would rather have had 1 really good chocolate previously rather than loads of cheap sugary stuff. Had a jelly at about 3pm and decided to have an LL soup when I got home because I still wasn't really hungry. Got home just after 5 (woohoo how early was that??) Had the LL chicken soup and realised I needed to have some form of protein. Took 45g of cooked chicken from the fridge, heated it and popped it into the chicken soup - Fabulous addition and I felt like I had found a good compromise.

A whole lotta housework going on after that - always good for calorie burning. For dinner, I did a jerk style chicken breast, hot seared then baked in the oven. Had a lovely crunchy salad with this - peppers, tomato, cucumber, celery and mixed leaf. Also had some coleslaw mixed with some fat free plain yoghurt. Almost felt like BBQ food and was delish - filled me right up and was low in cals. Pud was a jelly, some mandarin and one of those sexy new Muller lights - orange and chocolate chip - only 85 cal per pot and seriously one of God's chosen yoghurts!!! Tastes like a terrys chocolate orange in gooey yoghurty form. Also pleased I managed to eat earlier tonight so have space for a shake, am thinking either banana or strawberry nice and icy frappucino style!!!!

So feeling great, albeit a bit tired, so glad I have a whole weekend off, need to get some serious sleep in to get rid of the chest infection.

Have been thinking about further recipes - feeling all inspired now to get creative!!! Have one or 2 ideas bubbling around, so will set to work creating those tomorrow to see how they work out. Also planning to make a fab curry and might do some slow roasted/braised lamb to have with root veg for sunday. For the curry, was undecided as to go pure indian, or more west indian jerk style and co it with butternut and plaintain.... mmm either or could be fun, time to dip into what Levi Roots calls the Sunshine kit- need to go out and get some scotch bonnets though.

Re and repacked my fridge and freezer - it has never been so full!! And all full of good stuff!!! How do I fit all my veg and herbs and fruits into my tiny little fridge, also need a huge chest freezer to freeze everything I am batch making. Pity I live in a flat with no damn space for a bigger fridge or freezer. Has anyone else noticed how full their fridge are with fabby fresh stuff?

Well a lovely relaxing evening and a shake to look forward to - first time in ages I have manage to get 2 packs in! So quite proud of myself for that. Also happy that I feel more in control again. Really felt quite out of control the last few days trying to squash all the food in.

Jez
xx

RTM Day 34 (Week 5)

An interesting day, finally have started emerging onto the social scene again. It sounds weird I know, but during abstinence, I almost avoided seeing certain people in my life. I think I needed the space and alone time - apart from them - to do this all properly. Now finally I am emerging from that little chrysalis. I think I wanted them to just see the new me. Also I know how important food and drink is to most of them and I wanted to be quite mentally strong regarding my food and drink intake before socialising with them. It would probably have been too much of a temptation otherwise.

So woke up at 7:30 this morning, felt half dead, slept till 9:30 then again till 10:30. I think I could have slept for at least another 2 hours but I had a text from a friend who I include in the group mentioned above letting me know he would be arriving at midday. Got up, still full of cold. Then did a quick whizz around with the hoover to get the house ready ( a house can't be too perfect for a gay best friend!!) Put on my gladrags and some make up. Really wanted to look my best as I hadn't seen Rodney since pre LL. Headed off at midday to pick him up at the station. We headed to a coffee shop and spent a lovely hour or so catching up over steaming hot cappucinos. It was great, especially interesting too, as Rodney was a very overweight person once in his life too and lost his weight. He has successfully maintained for years now. He did not use LL as this was years ago, but followed a plan of his own. So the comparison of fat v thin lifestyle was great. We then headed off to my local nail bar for a lovely relaxing pedicure. My feet feel fabulous. Came home and nattered for a little more, by this point I realised I had not eaten anything at all - the cappucino gave me some cals, but not enough. So had my Peanut bar. Another friend then arrived unexpectedly. He is lovely and we work together so it was great to see him. Dropped R at the sation at 5pm and came home, seems T was settled in for the afternoon/evening. Wasn't too worried at this point as he usually heads home for dinner. Watched quali of the grand prix which was hugely extended due to rain in Brazil. Since he never really stays to eat, I got up and started preparing dinner. Well doing the mis-en-place so it would be ready to go. I was only preparing enough for the 2 of us (sister bliss and I). X factor came on at 8 so we flicked between that and the rest of quali. He still didnt leave. Lol we were getting desperate and I didn't have enough to increase the meal. Had a snack on 50g of cold gammon (cooked in water and sliced) and Sister Bliss nibbled on an apple and a bit of plain yoghurt. Times were desperate, but finally just after 10 he left. I rushed to get the rest of the food ready and it was fab. Wintery and gorgeous. So I bet you fellow foodies are dying to know what it was.

Lamb Rump with Wintery Roots, Red Cabbage and Jus

Some lamb rumps square cut all fat removed, sealed after being rubbed with garlic and lemon thyme, cooked 12 min in a hot oven then left to rest. Some mashed swede, baby leek (lightly blanched) some broccoli, a shallot boiled then finished in the oven with a little balsamic and some stunning red cabbage made with blackcurrant and balsamic vinegar and a little sweetner. I did cook parsnips too but forgot to put them on the damn plate!!! Served all of this with a little reduced lamb stock. Took a pic as it looked so pretty which I will upload at some point.

I also made some berry and vanilla compote - fresh raspberries, black berries, blueberries and strawberries, cooked up with a little splenda and a vanilla pod. Having some of this warm over half an apple baked in the oven with some cranberry and raspberry yoghurt for pud. If I can fit it in, then I will have a hot choc or hot vanilla shake. Tomorrow the curry will be cooked!! Have deboned the leg of lamb for it and removed all trace of fat. Will marinade in spices early tomorrow and cook it up for the evening. Will probably only eat this on Monday though as curry really needs a day to let the flavours infuse properly. As much as I was irritated my plans were "changed" with the arrival of people I also had a really nice day. There is always tomorrow :)

Jez
xx

OOOOOH YUM

Jez, it was worth waiting for! Maybe your friend had an inkling of what you had in store and was waiting to be invited for dinner.Maybe he eventually gave up and had to go...............
The curry sounds good too.
I've got a bramley apple tree and an unidentified eating apple tree as well asa conference pear tree, so am also enjoying delicious autumn hot fruit puds with berries, cinnamon and toasted pine nuts
topped off with the fab yogurt.
Can I add my last night's supper tp your thread?
Red Mullet, baked en papillote (in a little paper parcel - for non-cooks) with sliced vine tomatoes,chopped shallots and a little wine winegar.
Bony, but delicious.Our cats were very friendly in the kitchen.:character0053:

Sorry Jez

As usual I focused on the food (old habits.......)
I'm dying to know what your friends said when you opened the door, especially Rodney who had also had his own weight issues in the past.
What girly glad rags did you wear?
How's your beautiful expectant pussy cat?
:kitty:

Ahh SB, it was lovely, and the food sounds amazing, I think I will do my salmon tonight en papiotte too!! I am thinking that with some savoy cabbage, and some baby leek, maybe a little roasted cherry tomato on the side. The curry will definitely need a day to infuse. I just wish I had more fridge/freezer space. Still I managed to get rid of the pork belly I had in there last night by giving it to Tom to cook for his lunch today, can get a few more soups and bits in now. I found 2 of the most stunning yellow plums yesterday, and some red willaim pears. Not sure why I am getting so much joy from finding beautiful fruit. The berry compote made loads so will probably have some of that for breakfast warm with yoghurt. I am really looking forward to the nuts and seeds and dried fruit of this week, bananas too - they used to be my absolute fave, so have one here in preparation for tomorrow. Miss Lily is growing by the day and I can feel the first flutters of movement in that big old belly of hers, can't believe that in about 3 weeks she will no longer be the supreme cat princess of the house, but a Mum and thus never an only child again, since I will absolutely be keeping one of the babies with us. She is very affectionate, and, I am thrilled to say getting very into a raw food diet. The pregnancy seems to have helped with this. Funny how animals know how to listen to their bodies and eat what they need when they need it. So yes , like you, when the lamb was being cut last night, she was ever so friendly in the kitchen!!!! Rodney was amazed and took a few pics!! I was quite embarrassed about it all. We spoke a lot about balance of weight, and how to maintain as he has done so for years. It is always good to get tips from people who seem to do this naturally. Tom I see daily, but obviously I am usually in my chefs clothes so it was nice to see him when I was a bit glammed up. I was wearing a cute little fitted black wool dress with a snowflake pattern across the bust, and the dress stops just above the knee. Black opaque tights and some lovely boots with chunky heels.

I do admit to feeling fab and loving seeing my skinny legs peeping out. I will ask though what your thoughts are on this. I am not consciously trying to loose weight, but am still loosing a bit, which I think will all balance out when I hit trigger weeks. My sister is telling me I am getting too thin, and going anorexic!! Lol like there is any real chance of it. But LLC also said last week I had lost enough. I don't want to eat to feeling sick and bloated. And right now over the last 2 days feel I have found a happy medium where I can eat till I am satisfied but not bloated. Surely this is the point, to listen to our bodies. The 2 days previously where I pushed myself to eat more I really felt awful. As Min and Morticia have said, seeds and nuts will help up the cals without bulk. I just worry that they are right and I am loving the whole weight loss thing too much - such a novelty for a former fatty as I am sure you know. I don't want to be rake thin, but I have found a weight where I am happy.Any suggestions?

What have you got planned for the day?

Jez
xx

Back