Jezebella's Journey Forward

Maintenance Day 39

Mr Chai has arrived!!!! Albeit very late last night.... He really is the most adorable little man, very small but omg!! What a voice!! He does love to sing if left alone. I was planning to travel with Em to fetch him, but timing wise it was difficult and it seemed pointless for Em to drive from Kent to London and back to Kent again. Chai was the first of his litter to leave so Em spent lots of time with his other Mom Gwen. Then unfortunately hit bad traffic back home so by the time the little boy arrived here it was almost 11pm!

Lily, off course has her nose largely out of joint by the new arrival, but this is only to be expected. So far it has only amounted to hissing and spitting, and at least she is boxing me rather than him. He being a baby, takes no notice and just carries on. He did try to jump up and cuddle with her twice and was quickly rebuffed! Poor little man, he has never seen another cat hiss at him. I will post pictures of the new little man tomorrow. He is currently lying near the heater and he and Lily are just watching each other.

I popped into Westfield yesterday to pick up a different pair of gloves for the Burlesque class today, and oops managed to walk out with a summer dress and new bag too!! It was soo fantastic to see summer clothes coming in. I really am sick of all the layers and layers I have to put on to keep me vaguely warm. I feel about 2 stone heavier with them all on although I know that is not the case. Today was mildly warmer and wow it felt almost balmy compaired to the weather we have been having.

The burlesque class today was amazing.. It is such a huge amount of fun and really makes you feel sexy as hell!! I am absolutely going to do the level 2 classes after this. So today we practiced a bit of last weeks things and then got down to the serious business of how to remove stockings!! Woohoo, it was a laugh and I have met some really nice ladies. A great change in me has obviously occurred. It may be something to do with the confidence I am gaining and being slim. Previously, I could never do anything "just for fun" I was always very competitive and had to be the "best" at it or I wouldn't bother at all. Probably because I felt I had to compensate for being so fat??? This time it is so different, it is just a laugh, and although I am ok at it, I am by no means the best in my class. It really makes no difference now because it is just fun and I am far too busy enjoying every moment to worry about who is doing "better" than me.

Food wise things are going ok, my weight is still absolutely stable. I have had 2 half glasses of wine in the last week, for no other reason than that I felt like them. I enjoyed them for what they were and didn't want any more. I am also finding it a lot easier to balance my eating than I did previously. I have stopped logging again as it seems I am eating well within the boundries and not overdoing it.

I am not sure if any of you have been watching "the diets that time forgot" ? A fascinating look at diets of the past, namely the victoria era, the edwardian and the 1920's. The most successful of the 3 diets (the group experienceing the most consistent weight loss) was the Edwardian or the "chew chew" diet. Whereby they could eat whatever they wanted but it all had to be chewed 32 times before swallowing. The theory behind it is that the food is partially digested before you swallow. I started thinking about this from another point of view. A lot of us, have had problems in the past with eating too quickly and not savouring and enjoying our food. Something we learn to do in RTM. But as we grow more proficient at eating after abstinence sometimes we forget to slow down. So for the last 2 days I have been trying to see what it's like to chew food for that long. Very odd at first but it does make you a lot more conscious of the food going into your mouth and the tastes and textures it also allows ample time to slow yourself down and savour the food. It takes ages to eat.. you notice the feelings of satiety a lot better than usual. Perhaps they really were onto something???

Tonight I had a fabulous shepherds pie with swede and carrot mash. First one I have had since before LL. Breakfast was a bit of a break with the rules for me. I had some wholewheat toast. I am so wary of the stuff because it was my previous staple diet and I don't ever want to get into the habit of living off it again. The half loaf of bread has been in our fridge for ages now - lol previously that would have been gone between bliss and I within an afternoon!!! I had one piece with some anchovette (a south african fish spread and a real treat - also quite low cal!) and the other with a thin spreading of our home made cherry jam!! The first taste of last summers labours. Whilst delicious it was very sweet so only to be had in miniscule portions occasionally. I didn't want to eat too long before leaving for class so I had an apple only. So far so good on the cals today. I might allow myself the "count on us" chocolate dessert I got in M&S on the way home. I will however wait and see if I am actually hungry later before I indulge. I quite like the idea of having dessert in the evenings and do have it most nights. I think knowing that I have something to look forward to in the evenings even if it is only fat free yoghurt and fruit really stops me indulging in other naughtier treats.

So more Chai updates tomorrow and wishing all of you a relaxed and happy Sunday.

Jez
xx

i have to agree about the chew chew theory i chew each piece of my food at least 20-25 times :) it def digests better aswell and makes you fuller quicker i think

hi there
hope mr chai is settling well.

was that the diet prog where they could eat anything, but not swallow it?

burlesque sounds amazing fun!

daisy x

Hi Guys

Yup Daisy it was the diet where they could eat anything, they could swallow but only after they had chewed 32 times (basically the food almost becomes liquid!! - lol I only know because I tried it myself) I did notice distinct differences between this way of eating and how I normally ate. I still wouldnt eat anything I wanted though - far too risky for me at this stage.

See if there are any local burlesque classes, I think you really would enjoy them. There is a DVD available for about £10 which I am going to order so I can practice at home. Apart from anything else it makes you feel feminine and improves your posture and grace. And the costumes... ooh la la!!!

Chai and Lily relations are slightly improved, I think it will be at least a week or 2 though before there is proper friendship.

Jez
xx

hey jez
good stuff with chai and lily :)
hows the weekend been for you so far?
have a wonderful day
x

Maintenance Day 42

I tried 3 times to post last night but kept on getting distracted by the cats - such total time wasters they are <G>

Lily has now decided after 2 days of grumbling at Chai that he is now her baby!! Well the poor little boy is getting licked within an inch of his life!! Everytime he wanters off and has a little cry she goes rushing over to comfort him. The raw feeding is going well - Chai has been brought up as a raw fed cat and Lily is now 50% raw fed which I hope to get right up to 100% There is now more meat in the freezer for cat purposes!! Also some "fluffies" lol the polite word for day old chicks which he adores although he turned his nose up at the lovely quial I brought home from work today. Cats really do have the diet thing licked, they only eat when hungry and stop when full. Obviously they have no emotional issues attached to food <G>

Food wise for me I am doing ok. Yesterday was traumatic as I arrived at work at 7:30 to the entire ground floor of our building (kitchen, dry stores other stores change rooms the lot) under 6inches of water!!!! It had also poured all over the ovens so electricity was a mess and we couldnt turn anything on. It was freezing and wet, and a complete disaster of a day. We are also hugely busy this week so are now a day behind with our work. I was desperate for my porridge but obvious couldnt cook any. Ended up having a bar which I had in my bag and an apple. I had my first major failing at about 11pm when I grabbed a cookie totally unthinkingly. Stress and cold and anger had a lot to do with it I think. I then proceded to beat myself up mentally for hours. As we couldnt cook I headed with the boys to the cafe for them to get some lunch. I wouldnt eat a) because the menu was caf food and all hugely cooked in fat and b) because of my earlier misdemeanour with the cookie. The sugar really affected me and immedately made me want more sweet thing. I think I can manage sugar if I have it in a very controlled way as I did not have this reaction to the dark chocolate. My second misdemeanour happened late afternoon when I had a nibble of apple crumble. I think the not having breakfast and being thrown out of my routine really screwed my day up. Raced home and ate salad from the M&S SFL range so a perfect slow release calorie controlled portion. I felt slightly more in control. Threw on my glad rags and headed out as it was the Brits launch. Made my way across to the O2 wow, lucky us in the VIP section too. It was nice to be there, but not overwhelming.I had one glass of wine, took another but didn't drink it. I felt awesome in my size 8 skinny jeans and high heels, lol even better when I saw I was thinner than most people in the room. I was feeling so bold and confident that I actually gave a couple of flirtatious looks to some of nice looking guys around. Headed home and had a Chai latte on the way home. Dinner was another M&S count on us - I knew I wouldnt have time to cook, so we had a fab dish of chili con carne on fat free potato wedges, with a nice side salad. Very nice and only 380 cal. I will make my own version of this with sweet potato wedges in the future. Pud was a light cadburys chocolate mousse. Felt I really over did it yesterday. First time I have felt like this. I guess for once in my life I thought f**k it? Today was much better. Porridge with berry compote for breakfast, black coffees by the bucketful I was doing a Showcase lunch for 7, so decided my lunch would be the little bits I had to taste. Came home to check on the babies then headed to class. As usual it was great, and I am really looking forward to going to be on the Lighter Life stand on Saturday at the Diet Show in Olympia. As LLC pointed out, realistically I have been maintaining my weight since I started RTM which is nearly 6 months, although I only count it as when I finished RTM. It is nice to be able to give advice to those just starting out.

Dinner tonight was great and low cal, Grilled breast of Guineafowl, bramble berry jus, cabbage, 3 chantenay carrots and some cauliflower puree.

Pud is some fresh berries and yoghurt.

I am putting up an album of Chai pictures for anyone who wants a peek at the little man.

Probably won't get a chance to write here again until Friday as I am out for the next 2 nights with events.

Have a fantastic week all.

Jez
xx

Ok very weird, I have tried 5 times to add the album of chai pics, have added album but it wont bring up the space to add pictures, not sure what is going on, so will try again tomorrow.

Jez
xx

I had that before

I think you may have reached your maximum number of photos alowed.
It doesn't tell youthat, but if you delete some old ones I think it will allow you to add some mew ones !!!
Can't wait to see them

Jez where are you honey!!?

Kat xx

She's at the Brits.

jammy bugger!!

Maintenance Day 47

Sorry, sorry, sorry... I know I have been missing in action but I have been a very busy girl, out working most nights last week. Friday I got in and was confronted by a whole lot of cleaning - little Chai had been a naughty boy and had a widdle on the couch!!! So lots of washing and deodorising. Apart from that he is doing remarkably well. They have increased the picture allowance so I can post a few tonight.

Saturday was busy as hell, and started off with a rush trip trip to the vet. The special oudour neutraliser she got to spray on the cushions (cat safe alledgedly well so it said on the bottle) made Lily really nauseous, so managed to get her an emergency appointment poor thing was drooling badly. Had to then rush over to LLC pick up my pass for the show, rush back rush to the vet and then back home to drop them off (chai came along for the ride) Raced to the station and missed the train by 2 minutes which was a right pain thought oh well I will get the next one which was then cancelled so half an hour later got a train which was then held outside Victoria for ages as there was a power failure and Victoria only had 2 platforms open. Arrrrrrrrgh I hate being late and had no way of getting hold of LLC to explain why I was now running late. Eventually got to the diet show and it was great fun. Met some of the LL PR ladies, and LLC, myself and another friend from class got to stand there in our LL sashes ( ok that bit was a bit cheesey) with how many stones we had lost on it and and answer peoples questions about LL. We later got a little wander around the show. Got some great freebies including a huge pot of total fat free greek yoghurt with little cooler bag. Lots of interesting pamphlets and magazines too. Had to rush off at 2pm and get over to Covent garden to meet an old school friend who I hadnt seen in 21 years!! It was fantastic, so much to catch up on. After that I had the Burlesque class which I love even more each week. I really feel I am getting the hang of it now and feel quite sexy when I am dancing. This week is the nipple tassle twirling, omg nervous but hey it will be fun. I have made a great new friend there too, so we had a quick glass of wine afterwards, just a small one but it was so nice to be social and meet new people. I need a bigger group of female friends in my life, since I am surrounded by men day after day. Lol and not even ones I can date damnit!!

Sunday was at least restful for the morning and I was supposed to be studying for the Britishness test which is next week Monday, but was just too tired. Got lunch ready as G and T lol (Chai's Breeder and her hubby) were coming over for a visit. They arrived late afternoon, and we had a fabulous evening with lots of cat adoration. We were so busy chatting that the time just flew and before we knew it it was 11pm and they had to head back to Kent. Put paid to my plans for an early night but it was a good weekend.

Today was busy, lol sorry to dissapoint ladies, am only ordering for the Brits at this stage. But managed to get most of that done today. So much still to do though.

Food wise I have been pretty good every day and am remaining perfectly stable which I am thrilled about. It seems to be easier now for me to eat and cut back when I feel I don't need to eat. Initially on RTM I ate everything I was "supposed" to eat now I eat what I fancy and when. Yesterday I was a bit naughty as I had wine and some stollen and a bit of pud. In my eyes this is really really naughty, but in the grand scheme of things I do not eat like this every day. I do not have wine every day and I certainly am back on track today. I enjoyed what I ate and it seems since I had the cake, my cake craving has vanished. So perhaps sometimes a little of what you fancy isn't a bad thing.

Right let me get some Chai pics up.

Have a fantastic week all.

Jez
xx

Sorry Kat - my mistake!
She's not a jammy bugger - yet !!!:D

Lol there is nothing jammy about it, serving the masses - stress work, stress, work, blah lol oh well we see the odd "sleb"

Jez
xx

Okay, we're not jealous.
I've just looked at the pics. They are gooooooorgeous. Lily looks like she thinks he's hers! I hope this has made up a little for all the heartbreak.
Thanks for posting them.
I'm so glad you are still enjoying the burlesque and that you've made a friend through it too - excellent.

Hehehehe, yes, lots to report, but will send you a long pm tomorrow to update you on all news, as you correctly predicted though, things sometimes are too good to be true!!

Jez
xx

Jez - your life sounds exciting and high speed. Hope you get some time to relax this week.

Loving the pics of Chai and Lily. Fab.

xx

Hey Jez, how's it going? Pretty good from the small bit I've read so far. So glad you're maintaining well. I put on a few LB over Xmas but I'm not too worried about it. I'm delighted you're having a great time with the Burlesque classes. Ohhh it feels like home here again....hugs...:D

Hi morticia

Nice to hear you sounding so chilled - mentally I mean !
:smiley1842:
Jez is a very busy girl at the moment, but she'll be back soon with an update - I hope....................

Just a quickie, Im not dead, just been hugely busy, and finally have my Britishness test done and dusted and passed!!!! lots of studying going on for me of late but woohoo 1 month till my appointment in the home office for indef leave to remain, hold thumbs all

hopefully will be home early tomorro so can write a proper update

Jez
xx

Back