Jezebella's Journey Forward

Maintenance Day 31

A quickie tonight (hey you gotta have one occasionally ;P) I have posted sooo much every where else that I really need to get to sleep now.

Got up really early in an attempt to get to work,but lucky me, was told to work from home. I would have slept in had I known. Breakfast was early - 8:30ish and for a change porridge lol but with apple and raisin compote today. Got some work done for a few hours and headed out to pick up a few bits and bobs, It was fabulous to get out in the snow and it was falling pretty much all day here. Lunch was some cold meats, salad of tomato, pepper, onion, celery and cucumber, a slice of cheese and a very treaty sunflower seed bread roll. Felt a bit guilty about the carb but decided it was going to be a light meal. Bliss put on a pot of exceptionally lovely Beef and veg "stoop" which is a combination of a soup and a stew. Made with soup mix (barley, lentil, split peas) carrots, onion, celery and some stewing beef. Managed to get out for a walk this evening for about an hour, it is an awesome winter wonderland out. Even gave a few cars a push up the road - excellent for the calorie burning. Enjoyed the stoop for dinner - you guys should really try it, perfect for the winter weather. Pud was berry compote with the addition of some frozen black cherries swirled with bgty custard and a muller light cherry and black chocolate. Have been dying for crumble, and have made the apple base, but decided better of it, because of the bread at lunch time. Just time for a cup of tea and then some sleep.

Have a wonderful snow day tomorrow for those that are off and travel safely for those attempting to get into work.

Jez
xx

Some of the food choices sound lovely jez
how's it been working from home
x

I love Stoops too. I think I posted a couple of weeks ago about mine. Easier than full stew to put in a flask too.

Do you make your compote or buy in? They always sound so nice. I am a bit of a fruitaholic though!!!

I always make them, with either fresh or frozen fruit, unless I have a few tubs in the fridge ready for me I feel a bit twitchy!! This was 2 packets of frozen from Sainsburys, summer berries, and black cherry, just heated with a bit of splenda and vanilla pod and reduced until syrupy. The frozen apples are ok, but go to mush really quickly so pefer to use fresh for apple compote.

How are the cats and doggies today?

Jez
xx

Sounds yum! Still worried I might OD on it all though. :rolleyes:

C & Ds doing fine, took a couple of pics this morning, will try and upload in Snow. :)

I am very careful with fruit too, so it is only allowed for breakfast and late evening... funny how I never realised how much sugar there was in fruit before? My tastebuds have changed so much since doing LL.

Can't wait to see piccies :)

Jez
xx

Fruit compote is one beautiful thing :)

jez can you tell me more about compote? I love the sound of it and have never made it. I can imagine you can use most fruits for it, but how long do you cook for? and how much splenda? any recipes to get me thinking would be much appreciated, son and hubby will love these. I'm assuming you can make a big batch and freeze and use when needed? I have seached the net for recipes but always find ones with sugar.

Thanks in advance, would love to get some of these made x

Hey Gem

I tend to just make them up with whatever I have banging about, or whatever fruit is going a bit manky in the fruit bowl. Frozen fruits work well too. I am a bit crap with amounts as I usually make by feel, but to give you an idea, I took 1 pkt frozen fruits of the forest, 1 pkt frozen dark cherries, 1 stick of vanilla pod or you can use a tsp of vanilla essence, cooked that down and reduced the liquid on the stove, then added splenda powder to taste. I think it was about 3 tsp for that amount, but really just do it to taste. For apples, I peel and core cut into 16's or 8's depending on the size, sprinkle with a little mixed spice, or cinnamon, add the vanilla again about a tsp, and usually the juice of an orange, if no oranges about then a little water, heat over a low heat, when apple is softening sprinkle in some raisins/sultanas/crazens etc cook till apples are just soft but still holding their shape chill and pop in the fridge. They are great for freezing but last ages in the fridge and are usually eaten before I have had a chance of contemplating freezing them.

Jez
xx

Maintenance Day 32

Another snow day!!! Actually managed to get a fair bit of work done so quite proud of myself, also got some studies done for my life in the UK test. Breakfast was porridge with banana and he usual bits at about 9:30, then cracked the menu inspriation bits. It is very hard to be writing summer menus when we are in the middle of such cold weather and it is all snowly outside. Lunch was another portion of the stoop- soo perfect for this weather with half a bagel and some fat free cream cheese. Headed out for a walk, wanted to make it an hour but after 40 minutes even with 2 layers of thermal socks and thick stockings i really lost all sensation in my feet so headed home. Had my skinny cow hot choc early and put my feet right next to the radiator to warm them up again. Spent the afternoon with more menus and studying, At about 5:30 I had the other half of my bagel with a cup of black coffee then cracked another hour of studies. You guys are sooooo lucky you don't have to learn this stuff!! A nice hot bath and a little reading in it - very treaty to lie in the bath and read. Then prepped the food for dinner later - which ended up being, roast sweet potato wedges, stir fry of cabbage and leek, ratatouille and bbq spiced chicken breast with a splodge of FF yoghurt. Have just had a skinny cow ice cream and cannot believe how good it is. So thats me done for today Cals on just over 1300 and have been just under for every other day this week so not too bad. Weight was a bit less today too, but am trying my best to avoid the scales.

More tomorrow

Jez
xx

thanks jez, will try those, x

Hey Jezzy... I haven't been around much, but reading your last few entries... sounds like you're in the same place as I am, you're doing so well, I'm proud!
You are right to point out your sister's downfalls - snacking on things, giving the excuse 'they're low-cal, so it's ok!!' isn't good enough. You are correct in assuming that it's a very slippery slope. .. I was in that exact same mind-set LAST year (after Christmas/New Years never the less!) after I did my first round of Lighter Life. First came the excuses for the low-calorie snacking, then it just kept going and soon enough, the low-cal became the normal stuff, because the 'healthy' option just wasn't good enough anymore. Too bland, too boring, etc etc... I went back on abstinence in February for a week, then did Lite until June, which really helped to get my head 100% in the right direction.

Granted, my relationship with food has swung too far the other way now (but slowly becoming more normalised and healthy), but, maintaining on my own, I know - that to be a healthy weight, I have to change my mindset - which I have. Like you, I have to justify the food I eat. If there's no reason for it (i.e. I'm not hungry) then, why have it? Sometimes, it's ok to have something for PURE pleasure - but those moments shouldn't become a regular thing. You are 100% correct in watching your 'Skinny Cow' hot chocolate and ice cream treats, alternate the days you have them, because, I expect, you're a creature of habit... once you get used to a routine, you will follow it and grow comfortable with it. It's so easy to add things on to a comfortable daily habit. One skinny-cow hot chocolate will become a standard, and another may creep in, in the morning ... and so on.

Sounds like you had a brilliant (and vigilant!) New Years and Christmas - and, hopefully you're keeping warm in this dreary freezing weather! At times like this, I kind of wish I still had some bodyfat! LOL! :D

Hi jez
what sort of stuff do you have to study?
daisy x

Maintenance Day 35

Sorry for the lack of posts recently but I have been hitting the books in a huge way!!! Feels quite odd to be studying again but also quite enjoyable. It is all a bit tedious and most of it I know but omg the stats and statistics about population, religion and all the stuff about the European parliament is just painful!!!!! Lucky you lot who are all born here and will never have to learn this stuff!! For example 51% of the UK population is Women, of which 45% of those work and of that 45 % 3/4 have children at school - lol life changing stuff indeed.

Still onwards and forwards I say. Food wise I have found some lovely things at M&S. Not sure if any of you have seen the adverts for the Simply Fuller Longer low GI Hi Protein range? Saw some on special when I was in there and decided to try it - all nicely portioned out and calorie counted. It really is fantastic - so good I almost want to write to M&S and tell them! Yesterday had the meatball minestrone 230 cal and for dinner the chicken with edamame and noodle with miso - 360 cal, today sampled a salad with king prawns, hot smoked salmon, cous cous, lentils and chickpeas - 260 cal again, and dinner tried the chicken and bean casserole with chorizo. The portions are a perfect size, the food is incredibly filling and really does keep the sugar levels balanced. Totally lazy of me I know but some days I just don't feel like cooking. It is really something I would reccomend and I personally will eat again if I need some kind of ready meal. I also found in M&S the perfect little veggie packs, Individual portions of veg normal price 75p each but this was on special 2 for £1! Each one a perfect portion and can be zapped in the microwave. Again all calorie counted so the work is done. The other interesting thing I found (sorry on a bit of a cheffy rant here) is something called a "Nectacot" a new fruit from South Africa which is a combination of a Nectarine and an Apricot - they look gorgeous, are about the size of a large plum, smell even better and I cannot wait to sink my teeth into one later. Yesterday was also my first ever Burlesque class, and it was such fun!! About 14 of us, old young, fat and thin - was quite nice for a change to be one of the thinner ones, but as you are dancing infront of mirrors you are constantly aware of your reflection which is a bit nerve wracking! I still didn't recognise myself half the time. It makes you feel very sensual, it isn't pervy in anyway, just lovely old fashioned flirting I guess. So I can now walk like a minx, pose like a diva, pull off gloves in a very sexy fashion, use a feather fan and twirl a feather boa. Cannot wait for the next class. It is also all done in heels so I guess good for the toning and posture. Have had some mental ups and downs food wise as I just seem to stay the same and cannot shift the last 1lb that shows on my scale, rather irritating, and still considering going back on the packs maybe for a meal or 2 a day. It will be much easier when I am back at work. being at home with all these snow days and it being so cold makes you want to eat warming things.

Min so good to hear from you, I am working hard at loosing my head issues. Am hating my loose skin, flabby arse, legs, arms, and tummy! Hopefully the dancing will help me like myself a little more, but surgery is still something I really want to look at.

Back to work tomorrow and am supposed to be going ice skating tomorrow evening. Will see what the weather does though. Wishing you all a fantastic week, must crack another hour or so of "how the UK is governed" Oh Joy!!!

Jez
xx

the burlesque sounds great jez

don't envy you the studying - sounds riveting stuff! - probably should know this but where are you from originally?

the M&S stuff sounds great if you are feeling lazy, i'm not surprised that you want a day off from cooking every now and then. i might check out our local store and see if there's any on offer i can freeze for when i'm back on food.

daisy x

It is well worth it Daisy... the food was fantastic and really does what it says on the tin. The range will be around for a while though, so no need to stock up. Burlesque was great, hahahah in 3 weeks we do the tassel twirl with nipple tassels omg!!!! Still it should be a laugh if anything and if I ever find a bloke no doubt he will be impressed. Am hoping it goes well and I can then progress to level 2. It feels great to have a hobby/form of excercise that isnt the gym, but feels more like fun.

Btw for anyone interested a few before and after piccies in the gallery..

Have a great week

Jez
xx

Maintenance Day 37

Well a quickie update from me, not feeling hugely in the mood for typing. So far so good on the food front. Had class again last night, which as ever was brilliant. I always feel good and so uplifted after class. Still maintaining my weight, although it is still 2lbs up on my scale from where I want to be. My LLC is really happy with me and says I am doing brilliantly, although listening to all my other classmates who are back on packs makes me itch to join them, I think I kind of miss that Ketosis high. I loved the empty feeling. Exciting news is he asked if any of us would like to go with him to the Lighter Life Stand at the Diet Show in Olympia this weekend and Yay I am going cannot wait!!! I will feel so proud to be there with him as a testament to the fact that yes THIS DIET BLOODY WORKS!!!

Struggled in this morning in the snow and crappy weather, and if I hadnt had a VIP tasting on I wouldnt have gone in, but the client loved the food so much that she has now booked her next Xmas party with us too. So a good day, although I was absolutely freezing. I am soooo sick of wearing 4 layers of clothes, and feel fat just wearing it all. Still quietly amazed though that I can wear stockings, 2 pairs thermal leggings under my size 8 jeans and the jeans are still a bit loose!! Have developed a sudden longing for summer and skimpy t shirts and little dresses and just one quick layer. It takes forever to get dressed and undressed, lol going for a pee, means heading to the bathroom about 10 minutes before you have to go!!

Had a good breakfast of the usual porridgey goodness, lunch was whilst we were doing the tasting so I have just counted the bits I tried as my lunch, not a huge amount but probalby by my reckoning about 300 cal - well according to food focus. Tonight I defrosted some of the Thai curry from last week. Added more butternut and broccoli to it and stirred in a bit of fat free yoghurt to make it a bit more liquid. I added just 1 tablespoon of rice and turned it into a thai curry soup with butternut and broccoli. Very yummy.

Have any of you been watching my big fat diet show? Awesome and those hundred calorie portions in the "shop" are great, wish I could do my normal shopping like that :)

Friday is the arrival of Mr Chai so we are very excited, not sure if Lil knows whats about to arrive but will keep you all updated. Also have Burlesque class to look forward to on Saturday, and the launch of the Brits on Monday Night - hahahaha I have my posh ticket for the Indigo - should be nice, and a great opportunity for me to put on some posh gear, weather permitting off course!

Have a great day tomorrow everyone

Jez
xx

Hey hun

I am still here but have become more of a reader than a poster! Love following your journey! :) We will have to have another catch up on MSN soon.

I am savaging the exercise at the moment. I joined RC again and the gym. Loving it! :)

Hope everyone else is keeping well.

Kat xx

Back