Jezebella's Journey Forward

Well done Jez, hope you had a fab time...:D

robbie was excellent :)
lady gaga her outfit :p

Well the Brits is over and done with for another year, as usual, it was stressful, exhausting and great fun. I managed to sit down and watch the full show yesterday on ITV and it just amazes me when I see the cameras panning over the room and all those tables!!! I feel quite proud. It was also great to read all the various drinks orders for the rich and famous :) Jay Z had some very special bottles of champagne. We had a job out the next night so I really was shattered and it was a very long week, having worked the Sunday too, and done lots of lates. I really am enjoying my time off. I felt awful having had some bad snacks, 1 x chocolate and some cookies and not eating my normal diet whilst brits was on and the scales showed a small gain so I cut right back from the Thursday and thank goodness I am now only 500g off my normal weight. I just really dont want to ever get fat again. I love my new shape, albeit I am a saggy old cow, and wish I could have lipo/tummy tuck! I have put myself forward for a day out doing burlesque poses for a show, which should give me another 4 weeks free classes!! woohoo, I do love it so much. Tried on a corset yesterday and wow does it give me some va va voom curves!!!! Last night was the Depeche Mode concert. I wore some very cute short shorts with fishnet hold ups and high heels, felt very sexy albeit somewhat cold. Once we were inside and dancing our asses off I soon warmed up. It felt great to feel attractive and to not feel tired and lacking energy like I did before. I really could have danced all night. I am so pleased to be back on track and to be doing my excercise again. small things make a real difference and I have realised I don't have to be in a gym to excercise at all. I even managed a teeny bit of running lol mostly around Earls Court, but was suprised to find it quite enjoyable and not as exhausting as I thought it would be.

On another note I found a fantastic website which I will post a link to , both here and on the main boards as it is really an inspiring journey of someones weight loss, and even though he has not done LL or any other VLCD he seems to have realised the same things we all do.

Read the story here: Fat People Cant Cook

totally inspirational stuff. Sadly I will have to miss class again this Tuesday due to work commitments but will head off on Saturday for a WI. Also have some time off planned which I am really looking forward to, so off up to Yorkshire for a week to relax with the folks in the countryside. Hope the weather improves slightly. Looks like it is about to snow out there right now!! And rain, sleet and snow predicted for the rest of the week here in London.

Mr Chai is growing well and both cats are curled up here with me keeping me warm. Thank goodness, because they have had the mads all morning and have been running around like complete nutters!!!

I probably mentioned in a previous post, but both Mokatika and Ivy are pregnant so my new little girl is at least on the way and will be born in about 5 weeks time. Very exciting times.

Have a wonderful week everyone, be happy :)

Jez
xx

Hi hun,
We've missed youwhile you've been so busy. Lovely uppy post. Good to see you
feeling so positive. The burlesque has given you so real escape from the routine and time just for you. i'm so glad.
When our cats get crazy running around and up the curtains etc. my mum has always called it "the cat's got TASHBEE" don't know how to spell it, it's an Irish,gaelic word), seems to fit- we always say it in our family.

heheheheehee, well that is what this lot have got! a severe case of it, but for the moment they are calm and quiet, must be because I have put the heaters on so they figure its relax and sprawl in warm place time!!!

Jez
xx

Hi Jez - what a job it is catching up with all your posts! You work sooo hard but what a night the Brits must have been! WOw. I would love to get a peak at Robbie in close up :p.

Lovely to hear Chai is doing so well and amazing you are getting a new little girl too. Fab news. I would love to be curled up with a few cats. Hubby doesn't like them though. There is a downside to being married - :rolleyes: actually several ;).

I haven't been giving myself adequate 'me' time and it has shown. I have had huge ups and downs. Sounds like you've had a few of your own, but you are doing brilliantly. Hope you are looking after yourself now.

:):):):):):):)

Hi Jez, lovely to read your posts. I've missed you. Glad the brits went well. I was thinking of you when watching it.

Just had a wee look in at your albums, some lovely pictures there....especially the new ones in the snow. What a differnce, and I'm loving the purple!

Arrrgh!! I hate feeling so out of control, it has been helluva busy at work and I havent stopped at all, every day 2 jobs or 2 tastings out and another 2 tomorrow, so late nights every night too!! I have managed to eat proper breakfast of porridgy goodness every day, but have not had time for proper meals during the rest of the time so have ended up snacking. I just feel awful, some of the snacking albeit all in small amounts was good stuff like fruit or smoked fish, but some of it was not so great. I weighed when I got in tonight about 40 min ago and my weight is up by nearly 2kg!!!!! Now realistically I know, bad time to weigh, had been drinking loads of coffee, hadnt gone to the loo. I also know that weight varies up and down every day. The huge lack of sleep is also not helping - this is something I know from times of abstinence when I had very little sleep and my losses were not as good. How have I managed to apparently gain all this weight in just 2 days??? I feel totally panicy. Not helped by the fact that work has meant I could not get to class the last 2 weeks and wont be able to go next week or the week after. I am hoping LLC can fit me in for a pop in on Saturday. I really need to talk to him and get a proper weight off his scales. I just feel out of control, out of routine and largely unhappy. I want to rush back on the packs right now, I feel so bad :(

Arrrrrrrrgh, will weigh tomorrow morning and see how things are then.

Sorry for the whinge but I need to get this out somewhere.

Jez
xx

jez
calm down- even if it is a small gain (which will prob be gone by morning) there is no need to panic.
time of the month, time of day etc etc, you know all this!!!!!

you have had a manic few weeks - you are way under your target - you are excercising- you are on top of things!!!!

your weight should/will fluctuate

few deep breaths hun, and a chilled early night!

daisy x

Jez my lovely - you're stressed and tired and feel out of control. Stop. Relax. Think about your crooked thoughts and now challenge those thoughts. You have acknowledged you are weighing at the wrong time of day and have drunk a lot but not passed that through.

Chill for the evening and re weigh in the morning. You are way under your goal weight. Sleep and relaxation and affirmations will bring you back into focus. IF you have had a small gain then you can easily address this using the skills you know you have been developing during and after RTM.

Hugs hon. You'll be fine.

xx

Jezzy my darling... calm down. These are stressful times - but we must make the best of the situation. I take it one day at a time and don't let things spiral out of control. Stop bad behaviour before it becomes a habit. Forgive yourself and move on.
I was feeling very ill, stressed, cold and all things under the sun the other day and had somewhat of a chocolate binge - half a Terry's Chocolate Orange, a Tootsie Roll, lots of table water biscuits and some other candy... I felt rubbish about it. But I told myself - it's not the end of the world, move on. I balanced it out the next few days and did not give in to cravings for more. It gave me back the sense of control - which also carried on to having a small sense of control over my life again too. I feel calmer and less stressed.

The quick gain is WATER. I told myself the other day - there's NO WAY I ate 3'500 calories ON TOP of the 'daily needs' (and that only adds 1lb of fat anyway??). Have you? I doubt it. 2kg is roughly 4lb? I doubt you've overeaten THAT much. Sleep is DEFINITELY a HUGE determinant as well - the more tired we are, the more hungry and desperate we become and our bodies start running strangely. I alter about 2lb up and down and I don't weigh myself more than twice per week. It's important not to become too obsessive about that - but sort of just keep it as a marker.

It's easy to say "calm down". But, give yourself about 5 minutes to just sit down. Have a really long hot shower and wash your stress away... it's amazing how much the water can truly wash away...

x

Hi Jezy,

Hope you're having a better day today. Each new day brings new opportunities, especially the opportunity to let go and start again.

Thanks so much for the very kind and helpful comments everyone!! The mysterious 2kg seem to have departed as quickly as they came. Just goes to show what a huge impact sleep and things can have on our weight. Still going to make a point of being a bit stricter from now on. I hate the panic that comes upon me when I see the scales go up. A long old relaxing weekend has been had and only 5 days till an entire week off!! Heading up to Yorkshire again to spend some time out of London. Can't wait.

No doubt I shall have more time to post this week as I am only working late 2 nights!

Have a fantastic week

Jez
xx

Soo good to hear things are calmer now Jez. It's always nice to have a weekend away to look forward to isn't it. Lifts the spirits.

Have a good week and great weekend.

xx

Would love to! Pretty committed for weekends in March and April though. how about sorting something for May in York?

Hope you have a lovely relaxing time Jez....:D

have a wonderful time jez
and you've done great
and a 2kg gain is nothing, its just the water weight :)
xx

hey Jez! How was your time in Yorkshire?? Hope you had fun and plenty of r&r.

xx

Back