Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred

I have just done Day 11 (2nd day on level 2) and boy do I feel good :D

I think after a certain time at Level 1 you tend to get a bit complacent and need a bit more of a push and I can say that level 2 certainly does this.

So far, it's nothing like the aches of the first days of level 1, I am pleased to report! But it must work different muscle groups, as I can feel it in my buttocks. And I think the abs section is better - I was a bit disappointed with the abs in Level 1 tbh.

It will be some time before I do all the moves 100% (especially double jump roap) and I strongly advise you to watch it through before attempting it the first time to make sure to get the positions right.

Keep on shredding yawwwl.

2 more days and I'll be behind you, though the lunges in Level one hurt my butt for days!

Just turning on the dvd now for day 9. Got ma self some juicy nelon gir a treat after so here i goooooo!!!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy sII using MiniMins. **** 17.5lbs gone 30.5 to go!!!! ****

First day of level 2 done! :eek:

I found it as hard as starting level 1 :rolleyes:! If I'm honest I struggled the whole wasy through and wouldn't be suprised if I hurt tomorrow.

I honestly think i might be better off staying on level 1 for a bit longer, but that feels a bit like cheating! I will see how i feel tomorrow!!

Well done guys, I'm so glad i found this 'shred thread' it's so motivational to know there are people going through the same thing! x

Awww no dont say that. I got 1 more day if level1 x

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy sII using MiniMins. **** 17.5lbs gone 30.5 to go!!!! ****

Awww no dont say that. I got 1 more day if level1 x

you might be absolutly fine though!! I'm just really unfit lol!! I think it's different for everyone and I weigh lots more than you too xx

First day of level 2 done! :eek:

I found it as hard as starting level 1 :rolleyes:! If I'm honest I struggled the whole wasy through and wouldn't be suprised if I hurt tomorrow.

I honestly think i might be better off staying on level 1 for a bit longer, but that feels a bit like cheating! I will see how i feel tomorrow!!
I felt the same and considered going back to level 1, but I stuck with it today and it was better. Just take it easy, is my advice. Concentrate on getting good positions "abdominals in" (always my downfall) and do the moves in your own time. You might not do as many reps as the girls at first, but just keep moving, rather than stop.

I can't do double jump rope yet - but I know I could after a few days last time.

I also remember feeling I would never get to Level 3, but I did. Personally I needed the challenge from changing levels, which is why I think I got bored in the end (last time I did 11 days on Level 1, 8 days on level 2 and 6 days on Level 3).

There's no shame in going back a level. I have also considered choosing the moves I like best from each level - for example I love the punching in level 1 but don't really like the high knees in level 2. But maybe that would be just going for the easy option?

I think the important thing is to do some exercise each day within your own limitations.

Keep the faith :D

P.S. Roosters and lilprincessvic - I consider myself to be very fit and I find this the most challenging workout I have EVER done - even at Level 1.

If you've managed to get this far, you're both pretty fit in my book, so embrace it.

aww that means a lot! I felt fitter doing level 1, after the first 5 days I noticed a difference. I've dieted a lot before and usually just go on the exersize bike for a bit. the shred is a whole new thing, and i think, I think.. I enjoy it. I do feel stronger, and I LOVE the feeling of being stronger. I'm not convinced I'm the 'you're stronge' woman that gillian keeps going on about, but I think I could be one day

Right, I woke up late this morning so didn't have time to shower before the school run, YUK!

So, I'm going to shred now, day 12, level 2 day 2. I don't feel achey this morning and i was sure I would feel it! yay...

Well done you Girlies are doing great I'm going to Zimbabwe tonight an want to shred in a bit but I have mega sunburn so hurts to wear a bra so I'm putting it off :(

*waves* I am back on the shred! Day 3 this morning. I'm a lot fitter than I used to be, so the aches aren't nearly as bad as they have been when I've done it before, but I feel it in my shoulders/chest and the backs of my thighs - ouch! Hopefully the inches will drop off :D I feel mentally thinner, at any rate, haha!

I done it! Ouch it was sore when laying on my back stupid sunburn!! But as I missed two days I cheated and went to level two to push myself! Well not really cheating as there's no set rule but hey. I found the strength ones harder but overall not bad anyone else think this?

I did still die mind you but not as much as level 1

P.s I hate anything to do with the plank and jillian is loving it in level 2!!

well done babybelle! and even more so as you did level 2! Jillian seems a lot happier doesn't she!? lolz

i found it so much harder than level 1, I've got some muscle aches just coming on now

Oh I forgot to say I've done todays shred too lol

Well done, I always feel good after but before I think of any excuse not to lol

I know what you mean! it's such a relief to know that it's done and dusted for today!

It makes me think it would be so much better to get up at 6am and do it before school run

Just getting dvd ready last day of level1!!!!

Back