Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred

I really like this DVD and am actually keen to do it each day. I'm only on day 5 of level 1 so I hope I can maintain the enthusiasm.

She bases it on 3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio and 1 minute of abs which she puts into 3 x 6 minute workouts - plus a warm up and cooldown.

I'm noticing a difference already - really wish I'd taken my starting measurements :(

Be prepared to ache the day after ;) xx

Do you need any equipment to be able to follow this DVD at home, like weights?

If so what kind?

So each day it's just 1 20minute workout a day for 30days getting harder with each level?! Yeah again do we need weights? I'm just astounded at how 20 mins can get you sweating so much!
I'm really excited now!! :) keep me updated on your progress xx

Yep :) It has 3 levels so you do level one for 10 days, then level 2 for 10 followed by level 3. There are two ppl on screen with her - one that does slightly easier moves and one that does the full on moves so you can challenge yourself within each level.

You need some hand weights for the strength section, I've got 1.5kg weights.

Let me know how you get on with it!! Xx

kingleds said:
It gets easier after a few days - in that you won't be collapsing in a heap right after you finish ;)

I am supposed to be on L2 by now but I know my limits - I have decided to stay on L1 till I can be more Natalie like - and use a heavier weight (currently using 1kg)

I am looking forward to not colapsing! Is anyone doing it for 30 days non stop? I think I'll be doing it mon-fri then taking a break at the weekend lol x

Joanne24 said:
I am looking forward to not colapsing! Is anyone doing it for 30 days non stop? I think I'll be doing it mon-fri then taking a break at the weekend lol x

I have 2 rest days a week

I did my first day today!!
I was under the impression I might be ok as I go to the gym alot and do spinning step etc but OMG!!! Ouch!!

I couldn't believe how hard it was for only 20minutes!!

Has anyone managed 30days ?!
Xxx

I did day 3 today, onto day 4.. I'm finding her talking really annoying lol

I skipped through to level 2 to watch it.. saw the walking pushups - laughed hysterically and went back to level 1 ;)

I did day 3 today, onto day 4.. I'm finding her talking really annoying lol

I skipped through to level 2 to watch it.. saw the walking pushups - laughed hysterically and went back to level 1 ;)
I didn't find the walking push-ups as hard as they look. If you're fed up with level 1, give level 2 a try. There's nothing to be afraid of - you'll find some moves easier and some harder than level 1. Same goes for level 3.

Goodness I ache today!! My abs ache - didn't realise I had any muscles under this tummy lol. Don't know if I'll be able to do it again but will give it a try xx

Leapfrog said:
I didn't find the walking push-ups as hard as they look. If you're fed up with level 1, give level 2 a try. There's nothing to be afraid of - you'll find some moves easier and some harder than level 1. Same goes for level 3.

Someone will need to explain exactly how i'm going to walk whist doing push ups and not fall flat on my face!!
Think i will be on level one for a while!!

Hahaha, touch your toes and walk it out (on your hands) into a push up.

I missed tonight, tomorrow!

On day 3 now it's getting easier - the aching subsiding and I'm actually getting better - and 30mins feels like it opposed to a lifetime lol - think it's making me retain water though - I've manage to gain weight according to the wii fit 1lb :( I hope this is wrong!! X

Joanne24 said:
Hahaha, touch your toes and walk it out (on your hands) into a push up.

I missed tonight, tomorrow!

I don't think i can touch my toes! Too much belly in the way still:)

I can if I bend my knees haha.

Keep going and stop weighing yourself! I'll take your wi board off you! x

I ordered it a few days ago on amazon and haven't got it yet. Gonna do measurements and do it every day so will keep u
Posted! Ment 2 b v good.

I really want to order this, what time of day do you all find best to do it? I would only be able to do it once I'd got the kids to bed.

Anytime is fine. Do it either first thing in morning if it is weekend, in my lunch hour before i eat if i am working from home, and whilst my dinner is cooking in the evening if i am in the office. So thats either 8 amish, 12 noon ish or 7.30pmish

Yeah I just do it when I have free time too. Day 5 for me, I think tonight?

Back