Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred

charliesworld said:
I ordered this from Amazon yesterday and it was dispatched yesterday even with the free delivery. It's a couple of pence cheaper than play too. I also ordered some 3kg weights but they haven't been sent out yet. I'm so hoping it comes today so I can try it. I'll have to use bottles of water for weights for now :)

In theory I could get up at 6 every morning and do this but not sure I'll actually do it when the alarm goes off. Is anyone else managing to do this every day?

I get up at 6.30 in the week to make sure I fit it in! Day 7 today level 1 going up a level tomorrow as I'm away in July and I won't get all 30 days in. Rather do more days at higher levels.

Hi von82 & mrs D2B,

I had my first meeting with Jillian at 7:30am this morning. I managed to get all the way through it will only 2 water breaks. I was fine straight after and couldn't believe that it was over so soon although 2 hours later I can now feel that my arms and legs have been worked so I guess I'll really feel it in the morning lol! I've read that it gets better after day 4 so I'm gonna do my best to work through it. Good luck ladies something tells me we're gonna need it :eek:

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Its usually day 2 or 3 the pain kicks in - but just get through it and your muscles will be fine! I think it depends on the effort you put in for the lunges etc.

x

Aw you've all inspired me to start again! Tues I will start day one!

I got the DVD a few months back and only managed a week before I had other things to do :s but I will do it!! X

von82 said:
I'm back doing it today, omg i could not walk the past few days, lol. Everything went out the window the weekend, met with some people who i hadn't seen in long time, ate and drank to much :(

Are ye feeling pain from dvd yet?

Ha ha! Oh Von my darling I woke up sooooooooooo stiff at 5am this morning I spent 5 minutes doing my own stretches and that really helped as I completed day 2 with 2 water breaks which were around 15 secs each. My calves are tightening up now so I'm doing stretches at my desk lol! Stick with it and try to really stretch before hand and it should get better. Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

30 day shred anybody??

Hi there is anybody currently doing this or anybody would like to stet n busy with me on it

It's painful but think it helps!!

Bump

Hiya Shell

I am doing this at the moment, just gone up to level 2.....and it's hard.
There is a bigger thread on the main Slimming World forum....lots of peeps are doing it at the moment.
When are you starting? or have you started already?

Can I ask how fast paced is this? I have the DVD but I have vertigo so can't do too much spinning round etc, so not sure whether to brave it or not.

x

It is what i would call a 'intense' workout as you switch and change between, strength, cardio and abs moves in 3 sets of 6 minute sessions. Add a warm up and cool down stretches and you are looking at approx 26-28 mins of workout.

Cardio = Star jumps, skipping on the spot, boxing, butt kicks
Strength = Lunges with bicep curls, chest press, Side lunges and arm raises, and another one that i cant remember the name but it works the backs of your arms!
Abs = Transvers Abs, Crunches, side lunges, bicycle crunches

xxx

Did Shred for the first time today........never before in my life have 25 minutes lasted so long! I think I have found a way to make time stand still ;) I can imagine it will work because my arms even felt a bit achey afterwards trying to wash my hair in the shower........Heaven help me tomorrow!

I love shredding..... I'm only 9 days in, but I really feel like I have achieved something after I've done it. I just worked out with my sisters for an hour and it feels like nothing compared to shred.
It can be as hard or easy as you want. Level 2 I mix easy and hard and I think I'll be doing it for more than 10 days.

I've Lasted 12 days before some time ago went to level 2 after 10 days jeez it was tough but I could see the diff!! Thinking of starting tomorra

i managed to drag myself from out my comfy warm bed and starjumped my way through level one - day 5 in the bag now (not in a row!) and i feel fab!

Love the Shred. xxx

Back