Jimmys giant supermarket

jayde1148

Gold Member
Anyone watching this. I can't.afford to eat free range, although I always buy free range eggs, but seeing those pigs makes me not want to buy cheap anymore. It's not fair they dont get to run around :(

Its definitely making me think. I dont eat loads of meat anyway but I hate the idea of masses of lovestick having crappy lives just because we want to eat cheap.

I watched a programme some years back about the welfare of farm animals and it horrified me. I've always bought free range eggs and used to buy organic/RSPCA approved meat. But then I realised that in all conscience, I couldn't eat meat any more. I gave up eating meat about 5 years ago and occasionally crave a pork chop or roast lamb, but there are so many low syn meat alternatives out there, I don't miss it as much as I thought I would.

I am on the verge of giving up meat altogether. My sister has just spent a week with us and she hasn't eaten meat or fish for over 30 years. Whilst she was here we ate vegetarian food with her, hubby too and enjoyed it and did not miss meat.

Her sole reason for giving up *dead flesh* as she puts it, all those years ago was poor animal husbandry not just the condition they are kept in but the conditions under which they were transported in those day.

Unfortunately if no one ate meat a lot of species would become extinct as we would have no need for them. It is true that there is a food chain but we should all try to make the lot of our *Sunday roast* a happier one.

The role of supermarkets it a whole other issue.

Back