Jo Jo will not Yo-Yo anymore!!

Purple Patsy said:
This does not sound childish at all, it sounds human!!!

We are all the same really, once we've decided to lose weight we want it all gone, by the following morning preferably, if not before. We never learn though. And keep giving ourselves a hard time over it. Just look at the post 2 above the bare your soul one here. You are congratulating Minky on her 2 lb loss and reasuring her that it all counts etc. Bet if you had a 2 lb loss under the same circumstances you'd be unhappy and wondering what you did wrong. We're all too hard on ourselves yet supportive of others in the exact same position. It has taken me a long time to notice we all do this and I'm trying to stop myself from being that way too cos the disappointment of not getting what I hoped I'd get at WI has often thrown me and made me head to the takeaway or the chocolate aisle in supermarket, and then I do get what I expect the following week, a huge gain.

I personally put this weight on over a period of many years and need to realise that it could take years to come back off. Hopefully not but you never know. Meantime I'm glad you've decided to stick with SW as I think it's the best one out there in diet land.

I'm on a back to basics ATM too cos I had a really bad gain after being away end of March beginning of April and now need to re-lose 5.5lbs. But we CAN and we WILL do this together. Here's to more successes in the future. :)

I know your right we do give ourselves a harder time and tell others how well they are doing I hadn't thought about that before but your so right.

And again your right it took me a long time to accumulate the weight and it won't come off over night just wish it would. We will get there all of us :) x

Purple Patsy said:
Sorry my post looks a bit lecturey wasn't meant that way. I think I just got carried away. OOOPs :)

Don't be daft hunni it's exactly what I need. I'm grateful that people take the time to support me in my journey. Thanku for your support x

jo-85 said:
Only me again! Been to WI 4lbs on it never fails to amaze me how quickly it goes on but enough wallowing yesterday it's done and I'm gunna suck it up and back on plan x

Great attitude my lovely. And it does creep on so bloody quick doesn't it?! It's shocking really. Bloody food and alcohol!

Be off in no time honey. 100% and this weekend will be a thing of the past. Well done xxx

MinkyDinky said:
Great attitude my lovely. And it does creep on so bloody quick doesn't it?! It's shocking really. Bloody food and alcohol!

Be off in no time honey. 100% and this weekend will be a thing of the past. Well done xxx

I know goddamn that alcohol and chocolate!! I will try my hardest to get it off that's for sure . Thanks minks x

Emmey1 said:
*does a happy dance* she's back! :)

Thanks Hun i am back :) :) x

Hope you are having a good weekend so far ?
Weather is pretty pants here and is grey outside and I think I am going to just snuggle in and munch food today :)
You going to watch the footie today? See you got Bristol City at 3, if you are going make sure you wrap up warm (if the weather is anything like here!!)
Have a fab day sweetie xx

Jo, I hope you dont mind me putting my budgie in,but reading your post feel like I was listening to my daughter. She went to WW for 3 years, she got from 20st down to 16.6, very slowly, but getting there, she would be the first to admit she had many, many lapses;) For the last year she has gained and lost the same 10lbs over and over again, so when I joined Sw back in february she was ripe for a change.
Since joining she has lost 1st 2lbs, consistant 'small' losses every week and is now just 2lbs from her lowest weight for many years.You would think she would be really happy yes? No! and why? because its so slow!!, :mad: The fact that has has not gained the original weight overnight, and that she has lost every week, every week, since she started isnt enough, she feels she should be losing it more quickly:sigh:
When it comes to weightloss we always seem to want more, you are doing so well,try not to falter now, onwards and downwards

MinkyDinky said:
Hope you are having a good weekend so far ?
Weather is pretty pants here and is grey outside and I think I am going to just snuggle in and munch food today :)
You going to watch the footie today? See you got Bristol City at 3, if you are going make sure you wrap up warm (if the weather is anything like here!!)
Have a fab day sweetie xx

Hi minks. Weekends been ok, pretty quiet one I'm so skint and with hols lurking round the corner no money spending for me!! :) did go the footy yesterday tho, was a disappointing result really we looked really tired and lacking in ideas first half. has left us needing a win Tuesday at Ipswich to make sure we keep our distance from those lurking outside the playoff places! It's squeaky bum time!! :) and yeah was really cold
I wasn't expecting it either and was left regretting just the footy shirt and hoodie being worn lol! :)

Hope your weekend was good have just been catching up on your diary all that yummy food :) x

sherlann said:
Jo, I hope you dont mind me putting my budgie in,but reading your post feel like I was listening to my daughter. She went to WW for 3 years, she got from 20st down to 16.6, very slowly, but getting there, she would be the first to admit she had many, many lapses;) For the last year she has gained and lost the same 10lbs over and over again, so when I joined Sw back in february she was ripe for a change.
Since joining she has lost 1st 2lbs, consistant 'small' losses every week and is now just 2lbs from her lowest weight for many years.You would think she would be really happy yes? No! and why? because its so slow!!, :mad: The fact that has has not gained the original weight overnight, and that she has lost every week, every week, since she started isnt enough, she feels she should be losing it more quickly:sigh:
When it comes to weightloss we always seem to want more, you are doing so well,try not to falter now, onwards and downwards

Of course I don't mind (I'm always amazed anybody wants to read my ramblings and even more thankful people take time out to post replies :) ) I know your so right in what you are saying I did get myself in to this mess over so many years and i know I want it to come off at a speed that that I suppose is unreasonable. I just get frustrated at only losing small amounts when I try so hard much like what your daughter sounds like she does. I suppose it just seems everybody else is losing big numbers and in some ways is nice to know I'm not the only one who finds it coming off in small amounts and gets disheartened by this. Thankyou again for taking the time to reply and for the support :) x

jo-85 said:
Of course I don't mind (I'm always amazed anybody wants to read my ramblings and even more thankful people take time out to post replies :) ) I know your so right in what you are saying I did get myself in to this mess over so many years and i know I want it to come off at a speed that that I suppose is unreasonable. I just get frustrated at only losing small amounts when I try so hard much like what your daughter sounds like she does. I suppose it just seems everybody else is losing big numbers and in some ways is nice to know I'm not the only one who finds it coming off in small amounts and gets disheartened by this. Thankyou again for taking the time to reply and for the support :) x

I was like this - and at first I was getting the big loss - so when they dropped to 1 or 2 it didn't seem good enough - however since having a much better attitude about it all - just a very casual relaxed 'so long as I lose it's okay' I find I feel much happier week by week and anything more than what I'm happy with (any loss) is a bonus so I'm hardly ever unhappy with the scales (except when they go up lol)

Took me a while to feel so relaxed about it but now it just seems like normal life - eat like this, cook like that, pop on the scales Wednesday and start over again after that - ill get there when I get there and I am rewarded through the process not just when I hit target - cause I'm rewarded every time I see something better in the mirror - every inch I lose - every time I climb stairs and don't die and every size I drop - don't think of target being the only reward because it is a long way to go so appreciate the rewards as you go :)

Phew - that'll do me talking for tonight lol x

Quietish weekend for me only 6 weeks til I go away so needing to try and save some money, amazingly tho even when I spend no money going out I manage to spend it sitting on my sofa on various Internet shopping sites!! Lol :)

Getting on plan has been a little harder than I planned it to be not 100% straight away as I planned to be partly because we had few SW friendly goodies in. Been shopping today tho and I am ready for the week ahead I have even prepared my salad ready for lunch tomorrow I have a red day planned :)

As of Tuesday going to restart my 30 day shred again too got to day 5 previously and am determined to finish it this time will also be a nice little countdown to my holly bops :)

Oh well I'm off to go and sulk in the corner at the impedance of Monday morning! :( :( :(

Emmey1 said:
I was like this - and at first I was getting the big loss - so when they dropped to 1 or 2 it didn't seem good enough - however since having a much better attitude about it all - just a very casual relaxed 'so long as I lose it's okay' I find I feel much happier week by week and anything more than what I'm happy with (any loss) is a bonus so I'm hardly ever unhappy with the scales (except when they go up lol)

Took me a while to feel so relaxed about it but now it just seems like normal life - eat like this, cook like that, pop on the scales Wednesday and start over again after that - ill get there when I get there and I am rewarded through the process not just when I hit target - cause I'm rewarded every time I see something better in the mirror - every inch I lose - every time I climb stairs and don't die and every size I drop - don't think of target being the only reward because it is a long way to go so appreciate the rewards as you go :)

Phew - that'll do me talking for tonight lol x

There is a lot I can learn from u my lovely that is for sure and I know that it took you a while to get in that frame of mind but I also know that now your there your so less obsessed with it all. Me I'm an obsessive control freak lol! :) I do know tho that with you lot giving me a kick up the bum when I need it and being shining examples I will get to the point where I'm less obsessed (if u all haven't lost the will to live with me by then!!) :)

I do feel better than I did this time last week tho and I promise I am trying to focus on each little goal instead of the big one x

Purple Patsy said:
Love the new attitude Jo, Can you please send some of it my way. I've sort of had a slip off the wagon at the w/end. Bad news is I landed in a puddle of choccie. AAAARGH :)

Thanks Hun. Oops about the choccie puddle I am passing on by with the SW wagon jump
Back on board :) x

First day 100% back on plan and boy does it feel goooood! Have had a red day today and am on 7 syns at the mo may fancy summat a bit sweet later on but at the mo I'm full from my lovely dinner. And I'm also nursing a sore throat at the mo don't want it turning into anything more and im off to see my JLS boys tomorrow gotta have plenty of voice for singing ( and maybe some teenage girlScreaming!! :) )

jo-85 said:
First day 100% back on plan and boy does it feel goooood! Have had a red day today and am on 7 syns at the mo may fancy summat a bit sweet later on but at the mo I'm full from my lovely dinner. And I'm also nursing a sore throat at the mo don't want it turning into anything more and im off to see my JLS boys tomorrow gotta have plenty of voice for singing ( and maybe some teenage girlScreaming!! :) )

Woot woot!

Haha girlscream your heart out hun!!

A few of us have made/are making a new challenge thread - lose 4st by Christmas - you should join - its easily done even with only 2lb a week we could hit 5st - ill paste the link in once it's up and running and expect to see you there with uniform at the ready missy :)

Back