Jo Jo will not Yo-Yo anymore!!

Good to see you back honey, have a fantastic Christmas xxx

Good to see you back Jo, hope u had a lovely christmas! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks guys its good to be back posting. Still not back on plan yet finishing off all the c**p in the house first and going to rejoin sw, I didn't like my wow group and missed my leader lol. Xmas was good thanks after a turbulent lead up x

Happy New Year Jo, make this a brilliant year! xx

So I did something a little bit daft this morning.... Signed myself up for the bham 5k fun run in September to raise money for cancer research! I figured it will give me an aim for starting to do some running and improve my fitness plus wanted something to achieve in 2013 and cancer research is close to my heart at the moment with my favourite man in the whole world my dad due to have treatment for prostate cancer in the new year. Just hope i haven't set my sights a bit high!!

So I did something a little bit daft this morning.... Signed myself up for the bham 5k fun run in September to raise money for cancer research! I figured it will give me an aim for starting to do some running and improve my fitness plus wanted something to achieve in 2013 and cancer research is close to my heart at the moment with my favourite man in the whole world my dad due to have treatment for prostate cancer in the new year. Just hope i haven't set my sights a bit high!!
Thought I'd pop by to wish you a Happy New Year Jo, Well done for signing up for the fun run, you're braver than me. I'm sure you'll be fine but as it's a fun run and for such a good cause I'm sure there will be people of all abilities taking part and even if you walk it you'll still have done a superb job for charity.

See now why you were AWOL as the investigations into your dads illness would have been a real worry and it's tough coming on here when the real world is throwing stuff like that at you. Hope his treatment is 100% successful, I've heard of lots of folk who have really successful ops and treatment. My uncle for one.

I'll try to keep on here more if you do too. All the best for the new year. :D

Well done for signing up for the run! Don't worry about it, fun runs are what they say on the tin..fun! :) doesn't matter if you can't run it all!

Are you going with the c25k app? Last year I reached the 20 minute mark then foolishly stopped. Starting from scratch tomorrow!

Sorry to hear about your dad Jo. I can't begin to imagine what you're going through, thoughts are with you and yours, and here to listen if ever you need!

Good luck for the fun run (you'll need it you nutter ;)), make sure you sign up for a just giving page and add it in your signature (if you haven't already - cant see as I'm on my phone!).

Hope you've enjoyed the first day of 2013 xxx

Hey sweetness. Glad to hear you sounding positive through all the stress, can only begin to imagine what you've been going through. Hope all goes well with treatment for your dad.

And so pleased to hear you've signed up for the fun run! That should help keep you motivated - I know the half marathon did me last year! Xx

Thought I'd pop by to wish you a Happy New Year Jo, Well done for signing up for the fun run, you're braver than me. I'm sure you'll be fine but as it's a fun run and for such a good cause I'm sure there will be people of all abilities taking part and even if you walk it you'll still have done a superb job for charity.

See now why you were AWOL as the investigations into your dads illness would have been a real worry and it's tough coming on here when the real world is throwing stuff like that at you. Hope his treatment is 100% successful, I've heard of lots of folk who have really successful ops and treatment. My uncle for one.

I'll try to keep on here more if you do too. All the best for the new year. :D

Thanks Hun dunno if its brave or daft lol, thought was a good challenge tho and figured its not til September so plenty of time!

It was a worry was going on for ages too and when result came couldn't believe it. I have heard loads of success stories and I know in my head that he will be ok and it's the easiest to fight but its my daddy and it terrifies me even the chance of something happening to him :( thanks for your words tho it does help to know others have come through it successfully x

Well done for signing up for the run! Don't worry about it, fun runs are what they say on the tin..fun! :) doesn't matter if you can't run it all!

Are you going with the c25k app? Last year I reached the 20 minute mark then foolishly stopped. Starting from scratch tomorrow!

That helps put my mind at rest thanks Hun but have til september and wanna get myself moving for it so hoping I do manage to run it all :) have the c25k app d/l and planning on staring next week only problem I have is I hate the rain lol! X

Sorry to hear about your dad Jo. I can't begin to imagine what you're going through, thoughts are with you and yours, and here to listen if ever you need!

Good luck for the fun run (you'll need it you nutter ;)), make sure you sign up for a just giving page and add it in your signature (if you haven't already - cant see as I'm on my phone!).

Hope you've enjoyed the first day of 2013 xxx

Thanks Hun it has been a tough time not helped by the fact that my uncle has been so poorly before Xmas too and was in a psychiatric unit for 3 and half weeks, family hey! I know dad is gunna be fine deep down but I adore him and the thought anything might happen to him terrifies me! Thanks for the offer of an ear Hun I may just need that in the months to come.

Will sort the just giving page out definitely :) x

Hey sweetness. Glad to hear you sounding positive through all the stress, can only begin to imagine what you've been going through. Hope all goes well with treatment for your dad.

And so pleased to hear you've signed up for the fun run! That should help keep you motivated - I know the half marathon did me last year! Xx

Thanks minks has been a miserable few weeks but need to stay positive for all that is to come for dad he is gunna need us!

Kinda glad to have the challenge gotta be honest :) x

I am starting a little later than I had planned, going for it on Saturday now. Looking forward to it as well, been eating rubbish for way too long.

Found yours too x

Welcome x

I am starting a little later than I had planned, going for it on Saturday now. Looking forward to it as well, been eating rubbish for way too long.

Me too Hun. Can't remember the last time I was genuinely hungry x

Good to hear from you Jo. Try writing down 3 positives a day to boost your mood can be anything at all food, exercise or silly stuff to help your mind get away from negatives and focus on positives. I'm doing it at the moment and think it really helps.

Yeah may give that a go again pp x

Well quiet Saturday for me with no money post Xmas have a feeling it's gunna be like this til payday. At least has given me a chance to get shopping in ready for next week so fully replenished with groceries for a sw week forgot how good it is to have a fully stocked green fridge :) meals planned too

Back