Joined slimming world tonight

Day 75

It's a late one today been returning the clothes today and also ringing round trying to sell our car to a local garage as what they offered us is shocking.

Scales this morning show 16.7 1/4 really pleased with that it's 2 1/4 gain but Iv managed to loose 4lb from Monday so happy about that and I was 1/2lb gain anyway last week so not going to moan about 1 3/4 after what i ate over the weekend.

Have some other news me and mum decided we are not going to go to group anymore and do it from home. I know what I'm doing and i haven't even used the app for weeks and a lot is just repeated every week. I just don't see the point going when you gain weight I don't need to pay £5 to be told this. I will carry my journey on from home , if I do start struggling I may return in the future but for now I'm fine.

I will be weighing Thursday morning so the weight is going to be the same anyway as there scales were 2 lb less but throughout the day I gained that anyway if makes sense.

I lost 3 stone a few years ago doing slimming from home so I know I can do it. It isn't just £5 that's the trouble i spend 8 on bars 1 on raffle so that's £14 a week . Sooner spend that money on somethin else I have scales lol.

So today's weigh week 11 is

Gained 2 1/4

I also have my book to write weight in aswell so that's good

add me on fb if you like I'll badger you haha
You've done so well! You sound like you are determined to do this yourself!

I'm not on facebook hun, came off it years ago used to get fed up of reading what people were having for tea hahahaha now look at me lol .

It will be nice not to go out on Thursday night and not get back till 9 aswell. Eating late is rubbish for you and was never asleep until gone 12 as wide awake

Good luck going it alone. I did it myself a few years ago and did ok. I just like going to group for a natter and it gives me an incentive to not cheat.

Good luck everyone!

Ive just started attempting Slimming World about 2 weeks ago, doing it on my own (borrowed MotherInLaws books, cant afford/dont have time for the group unfortunately) I think I understand the general idea but not really losing anything. Am I expecting too much too soon or am I going wrong somewhere??

On an average day I have the following

Breakfast
Mixed berries+fat free greek yogurt

Mid morning snack
Carrot sticks

Lunch
Lean turkey sandwich on wholemeal bread or chicken salad
Grapes
Sometimes a muller light yogurt if still hungry

Dinner
SW chilli or SW spag bol
Apple

Drinks
Coffee (measure out my milk for the day every morning)
Reduced sugar squash

I've also started trying to exercise more (30min walk most weekdays from work to town centre for my bus home) and going on wii fit 2-3 times a week

I would really appreciate any advice, thank you in advance! ☺️ xx

Good luck going it alone. I did it myself a few years ago and did ok. I just like going to group for a natter and it gives me an incentive to not cheat.

Well i think il be fine if I start struggling il go back. I think now Iv lost 2 and half stone il find it easier than at the start as i just see it as once I get to 3 only 2 stone left . At the start it's like oh god 5 stone il try my best.

This is no longer the case I'm doing this and my target is no longer as far away. I'm concentrating on getting 3 stone first then I'm just going to smash the rest lol.

One thing group is good for is when you get that oh I could eat something nice thort I think nah weigh day soon lol. Just got to be good managed it for 11 weeks if i really really want somethin the one off treat won't harm but my aim is a treat at every stone .

I chat more to people on here more than I do at group. Also weighing is at 7 don't start the talk till 7.45 sitting around for ages then when starts a lot is repeated sooner watch the soaps on a Thursday nights lol

Good luck everyone!

Ive just started attempting Slimming World about 2 weeks ago, doing it on my own (borrowed MotherInLaws books, cant afford/dont have time for the group unfortunately) I think I understand the general idea but not really losing anything. Am I expecting too much too soon or am I going wrong somewhere??

On an average day I have the following

Breakfast
Mixed berries+fat free greek yogurt

Mid morning snack
Carrot sticks

Lunch
Lean turkey sandwich on wholemeal bread or chicken salad
Grapes
Sometimes a muller light yogurt if still hungry

Dinner
SW chilli or SW spag bol
Apple

Drinks
Coffee (measure out my milk for the day every morning)
Reduced sugar squash

I've also started trying to exercise more (30min walk most weekdays from work to town centre for my bus home) and going on wii fit 2-3 times a week

I would really appreciate any advice, thank you in advance! ☺️ xx

Hi Hun,

What your doing seems fine to me. You say you've been doing for 2 weeks what have you lost in this time?

Is your bread 400g ? As healthy extra b is 2x 400g don't know if your using 800g loaf.

Also they say you need 1/3 of your plate speed foods . I'm the worst person for this if you read my diary from the start. Have got better at it but you still should still loose anyway I did .

As for speed foods your mixed berries will be speed, so is your salad and depending what ingredients you use for your tea should have aswell by the sounds of it.

It will tell you all the speed foods in the book.

Depending on what you have lost so far it may be worth stopping the excerise a week seeing if makes a difference . When your weight loss starts to drop abit you could restart the excersise

Thankyou xxlaura15xx!
I lost about 1/2lb the 1st week but i was having a banana every day+think that may have been hampering me cos i just weighed myself now+lost 2 1/2lbs since last friday (so hard not to weigh myself everytime i go in the bathroom!) i made sure i got a 400g loaf+I've been following the slimming world recipes on the app even adding extra veg when ive got some to use Think im just putting too much pressure on myself as i need to lose at least another 1/2 stone so me and my husband can start IVF treatment. When i googled slimming world just found loads of people lost LOADS in the 1st week so got abit disheartened but im not giving up! Love this site, so much inspiration for recipes and everyone's so supportive ☺️ xx

Do you have a lot to loose? as some people loose loads to start with if got a lot to loose. Sounds like this week is going good so wouldn't worry.

I wouldn't worry too much I started slimming world stone and half heavier than my mum. First week I lost 6 and 1/2 she lost 1lb. We are both now at about the same loss wise so it will catch up just keep at it. If your due on aswell can make a big difference I find can be good all week loose 1/2-1lb following week 3lb .

Bananas can fill you so maybe one every other day but they are a better choice over syns or somethin naughty.

Sometimes syns make a diff
It's finding the amount that suits you best. I'm better with 10 . Bad days il have 15 but I will see A better loss if stick with 10

Follow the rules of the plan to a T and you will lose weight, also if you aren't eating/drinking enough then you'll retain water!
ENSURE you have a 1/3 plate full of speed veg, a 1/3 protein and the rest free foods i.e. potatoe or pasta.
MEASURE HEXA/B
HAVE between 5-15 syns, I have all mine!
I'm doing alone, nearly 2 stones in 10 weeks

Im really bad at drinking enough so im making a real effort to drink at least a ltr of dilute squash (cant drink water on its own, just have very weak reduced sugar squash) ive been writing everything i eat down+not been using syns if i can help it, if you insist I'll start having some naughty treats!! thank you for the advice, made me believe that im doing it right+it will work going to have my tea now, sw burger+sw chips with a massive salad xx

Day 76

Late updating today, been really busy today got
Loads of cleaning done and the sun has been out. Done a cheap shop at Iceland today and got myself some s/w ready meals going to try the sweet and sour one says it's limited edition. Also picked up some curry sauce thort be nice
Curry and chips maybe a Richmond sausage aswell love them lol.

Hubby hasn't gone back on diet yet surprise surprise but I'm not really bothered skint at min had put big deposit down for car. Paid on Tuesday to he will be back on plan for next Thursday

Today's food
Breakfast -orange and banana
Dinner - pasta tuna mayo (2)
Tea - chicken fried rice
2xbaby bells
2xalpen bars

Day 76

Late updating today, been really busy today got
Loads of cleaning done and the sun has been out. Done a cheap shop at Iceland today and got myself some s/w ready meals going to try the sweet and sour one says it's limited edition. Also picked up some curry sauce thort be nice
Curry and chips maybe a Richmond sausage aswell love them lol.

Hubby hasn't gone back on diet yet surprise surprise but I'm not really bothered skint at min had put big deposit down for car. Paid on Tuesday to he will be back on plan for next Thursday

Today's food
Breakfast -orange and banana
Dinner - pasta tuna mayo (2)
Tea - chicken fried rice
2xbaby bells
2xalpen bars

The SW curry sauce from iceland is lush. We had it with actifry chips. The pot is really big though so we ended up throwing most of it in the bin.

Ye I thort the same thing i looked on the back and it's just straight in mircrowave isn't it which is a shame. Wonder if could try and half the pot before cooking let it defrost a little and get a knife and half it

Back