Joined the gym today

slaterslady

Silver Member
went for my weigh in today and my cdc said that she would only be happy for me to carry on with the ss for one more stone (which i am scared about stopping). So i decided to join a gym in anticipation for the food I am gonna have to eat and burn off.

So as a taster i did one of the dances of the strictly come dancing dancercise video (the jive) and i managed it but i did feel a bit dizzy and weak afterwards... this dance was only 10 mins long ????

Do i wait to up the exercise when i start moving up the steps? or do i start to build up my fitness now - im hoping this last stone wont take me too long :)

any advice would be greatly received

xx

I was advised by my CDC when I start going back to the gym in a week's time to have half a pack before and half a pack after. Plus you can't do exercise that is really strenous because you are not eating enough to support the exercise. I think CD reccommend that you shouldn't start strenous exercise when you are on the diet unless you were doing it before.

I would suggest you get into it lightly, with very light exercise, perhaps a slow cycle on the stationary bikes or a walk on the treadmills then you will know how much you can do before you feel tired.

I will start with an aqua aerobics class when I go back to the gym.

Ooooh didn't realise there was a Strictly dancercise DVD, is it any good, does it come with a free professional male dancer? ;) Might have to ask Santa to bring me one for Christmas. xx

unfortunately none of them men do it lol its karen hardy and erin. Yeah its fun 5 dances about 10 mins each so u can do just 1 or them all . Each works on different parts of the body - its dance mixed with aerobics. Did the jive and all i can say is karen can move them legs fast lol

Back